Indoor - Mauiwauiguy's Journal 2014

How do you know this?

From trial and error. More I defoil to let light at the buds, my yields went up. When I over trimmed my yields went down.
When I didn't trim I had only a few nice buds the rest was popcorn.

It is open to opinion, I take it you don't defoil? That's fine each to his own. Care to elaborate why? I'd love to learn as much as I can.

Well

It took me a bit but got the wife all trained up on how to PH water. I need a helper for when I am gone next week. First of course had to explain PH to her and how it affects the plants. Then show her how to use the gauge. She will do fine, so I am set.

God love that woman as she puts up with me. (24 years in July)

Maui

How do you know this?

Looks like you already told me your opinion on trimming in my thread. Sorry I forgot. I don't doubt, question or shit on anyone's method by no means. I consider it all.
After I re read what u said in my thread, I understand your point of view, and this round I'm trying it. No defoil on 2 of the 6 plants just removing lower growth like you suggested.
I'm willing to try everything once, and you of course wouldn't recommend it if you didn't get great results, I've seen your journal. Beautiful grows, inspiring.

I did answer u in another quote why I said what I said, maybe I am wrong. Maybe I'm not experienced enough to be giving people this sort of advice. I've only been growing for 8 months.

Cheers. Just don't wanna ruffle anyones feathers

Well

It took me a bit but got the wife all trained up on how to PH water. I need a helper for when I am gone next week. First of course had to explain PH to her and how it affects the plants. Then show her how to use the gauge. She will do fine, so I am set.

God love that woman as she puts up with me. (24 years in July)

Maui
Lol I wish my wife gave a rats ass about growing. She just likes smoking it.

Hasn't been much to say other than they are doing great. Well I think so anyway. Here are some pictures of my girls, day 24 of flowering. Am I on the right track?

DSCN02429.JPG
DSCN024110.JPG
DSCN02388.JPG
DSCN023910.JPG

Maui

Good evening weed Maui. Looks like you are on the right track. Girls building buds for you. Happy Munchday

Well good and thanks Beemer. Really not sure what to expect but am learning. Thanks for the input.

Maui

Hasn't been much to say other than they are doing great. Well I think so anyway. Here are some pictures of my girls, day 24 of flowering. Am I on the right track?

Maui

Are you on the right track? MauiWauiGuy, you've got that grow on rails man. It's nice to get constructive criticism as you go along learning. However I can't find much to critique here.

You're doing just what you need to be doing and the plants are looking great!

If I could give you one thing to think about it would be to keep a diligent eye on your humidity level as flowering progresses. With so many flowers blooming in there it can send the RH level creeping on upward. This has the potential to create a suitable environment for molds and other unwanted problems.

Just something to watch for as you go.

Nice work Maui!
+Reps
/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Obi-Wan, thanks for the kudos.

As for the RH in my tent, I struggle to keep it up as I have my tent in the basement. I actually had to have a humidifier all during veg just to keep it at 55%. I am running at 40% right now and will keep an eye out. 50% is about as high as you want to be during flowering, yes?

I also run my tent with a negative pressure which seems to keep the RH down as well. I replace the air in the tent every 30 secs or so. The only thing wrong with my grow is PM. I do have a handle on it but waited too long to get the right fungicide. I am now using Sierra Natural Science - SNS-244 as it is supposed to kill the fungus and eventually stop it. Seems to working.

The next week and half will prove interesting as I fly down to San Diego tonight and will not return home until Saturday night. The wife graciously volunteered to do my watering. Have her all setup. Then when I get home Saturday, it's off to the outlaws for the holiday week end. Not seeing them for an extended period will be exciting as I won't get to see them everyday.

So happy 420 week to you and everyone else.

I will be back next week

Maui

Just returned from a week of traveling. Glad to be home.

I thought I would share some pictures with you. I am simply amazed at how fast these plants can grow. I was in watering and clipping a few leaves and came out smelling all sweet and skunky.

Maui

PS
This is day 31 of flowering

DSCN0265_R.jpg
DSCN0264_R.jpg
DSCN0263_R.jpg
DSCN0262_R.jpg
DSCN0261_R.jpg
DSCN0260_R.jpg
DSCN0259_R.jpg
DSCN0258_R.jpg

Good morning weed Maui. your girls are looking nice and are building buds like crazy. I'm at day 44 with my girls and the trichromes are starting to get cloudy. Going to have to watch them closely from now on. Was it hot and smokey down in SD? Going to be another strange weather year I'm afraid. I just hope the humidity isn't as bad this year. Keep up that good work and Happy Munchday

Good morning brother Bill,

The weather in SD was very pleasant and no smoke. The temps came down to the low 70's which helped greatly with the fires.

Say do you have a journal with pics for those girls? I sure would like to see them.

Maui

I have a journal. It's the top one in my sig. Come on by and pull up a chair the bud is on me.

Good evening all,

Over all things look great, just some weird yellowing at the base of some leaves. The first pic isn't the best but you can see the yellowing. Any ideas or nothing to worry about?

And some general pictures.

DSCN0272_R.jpg
DSCN0270_R.jpg
DSCN0269_R.jpg
DSCN0268_R.jpg
DSCN0267_R.jpg
DSCN0266_R.jpg

Maui

I thought it was weird too. Look at this picture. I took her out to take this one. Its at the base and you can see it on other leaves as well. Doesn't seem to bothering them but only day 33 of flowering.

DSCN0274_R.jpg

Maui

No, not crispy at all. Supple still like the rest of the leave.

Meh it just may be old age.

Maui

Back
Top Bottom