Informational Munter Gathering 101a

dbones

Hello @Guy Cavallero @Pennywise @Weaselcracker @Jackalope, et al..
I trust y’all are well..!
Need a little help pls! It’s a pretty basic, Newbie-Q question really, but it’s really starting to worry me now..
Basically I’ve been used to clones and just started off new grow with seeds (xpensiv ones too), and I’m also just done fitting out my new space:
My problem is, now I’m not growing so adjacent to where I live, tho it’s only a very short drive away, I have to germinate my seeds at home and soon as they show I’ll have to carefully drive them to my spot and put them under a 300watt light immediately..! That’s crunch time I reckon!
The seeds are in a jiffy pots in a tray in humidity dome in dark place.
But what just occurred to me is what about the seeds sprouting at different times?
Even days??
They all have to go under light straight away, so how can I do that?
Really, it’s bugging me, cuz they need to get under light as soon as but of course they won’t cone up same time, right?
Any ideas welcome very much!!
Cheers!

Hello @Guy Cavallero @Pennywise @Weaselcracker @Jackalope, et al..
I trust y’all are well..!
Need a little help pls! It’s a pretty basic, Newbie-Q question really, but it’s really starting to worry me now..
Basically I’ve been used to clones and just started off new grow with seeds (xpensiv ones too), and I’m also just done fitting out my new space:
My problem is, now I’m not growing so adjacent to where I live, tho it’s only a very short drive away, I have to germinate my seeds at home and soon as they show I’ll have to carefully drive them to my spot and put them under a 300watt light immediately..! That’s crunch time I reckon!
The seeds are in a jiffy pots in a tray in humidity dome in dark place.
But what just occurred to me is what about the seeds sprouting at different times?
Even days??
They all have to go under light straight away, so how can I do that?
Really, it’s bugging me, cuz they need to get under light as soon as but of course they won’t cone up same time, right?
Any ideas welcome very much!!
Cheers!
You dont need to be THAT tender with them. I germ with the cup and paper towel method so the tap root has popped a tiny bit before i put them into paper towels I make em into little paper squares that fit in a little baggy. Leave em for 24h in a warm dark place and I can pretty much guarantee they will be ready to go in dirt (for what I want anyway you could leave an extra day or so if ya want though) I just leave em in the baggy in my glove compartment until i get there and bosh.
Leave the baggy open though and just pour out excess water so its nice and moist but not drowned

I use paper towel too. But these days I use a small tupperware type container- damp paper towel in the bottom, seed just laying on top or very loosely in a fold, and the lid snapped closed. Temps in the 80’s. No need to cover the seed, with the lid on it will have 100% humidity and that’s all it needs really. Usually one container per strain to avoid mixups.
They don’t need light right away to grow. If they don’t have light they’ll continue sprouting and growing- they’ll just be more pale and stretchy at first.
. They’ll usually sprout within 24-48 hours, then they’ll just keep getting longer. It is more tricky if the root gets more than an inch or two long but they’ll still be fine. I usually plant when they’re 1/4” -1/2”.

I use paper towel too. But these days I use a small tupperware type container- damp paper towel in the bottom, seed just laying on top or very loosely in a fold, and the lid snapped closed. Temps in the 80’s. No need to cover the seed, with the lid on it will have 100% humidity and that’s all it needs really. Usually one container per strain to avoid mixups.
They don’t need light right away to grow. If they don’t have light they’ll continue sprouting and growing- they’ll just be more pale and stretchy at first.
. They’ll usually sprout within 24-48 hours, then they’ll just keep getting longer. It is more tricky if the root gets more than an inch or two long but they’ll still be fine. I usually plant when they’re 1/4” -1/2”.
I dont bother going that long. Once shes out shes out and going in dirt lol each their own though

I'm with the masses. I can leave my seeds in my paper towel for an additional 12 to 24 hours once I see a decent-sized Taproot. Certainly a little extra time in the incubation chamber isn't going to hurt them at all. And yes, I definitely have a lid.....humidity is key. Also,mine gets left in the dark on top of the kids wifi modem for heat lmao.

Back
Top Bottom