Introducing Myself

No apology necessary. My point was that I have heard very few people over the years call it hot mud and I do the same. I've even had drywall subs ask me why I use that powdered stuff! LOL! I knew you had to be a remodeler! Yeah, I've been a high end remodeler for most of the last 35 years. I'm currently doing a custom walk-in shower and turning a 10' x 16' bedroom into a walk-in closet.

Not for dab. It's taken sublingually(under the tongue) and/or by suppository depending upon what is being treated. The idea is to get as many cannabinoids into the system as possible. For example, the cancer treatment protocol is to take 60 grams in 90 days. Some diseases or conditions require high THC content and some high CBD. I have been using FECO( full extract cannabis oil) for about five years for chronic back pain and it has replaced ALL opioids and muscle relaxers. I help anyone I come across and have seen many lives changed by it. A good place to learn about it is to join the Facebook page "cannabis oil success stories". Also research the "endocannabinoid system" to learn about the science behind how and why it can kill cancer and effectively treat so many ailments.

Rand, do you make your own full extract cannabis oil? I hurt my back about 8 months ago (ruptured disk and facet joints damaged) and despite physical therapy the pain isn't going down at all. I can't really do anything that requires bending or twisting without really sparking some nice pain. I was about 2 months into the injury when my brother recommended trying cannabis. I lit a bowl and was blown away by the instant relief it gave me. The Alaskan Thunderfuck seemed to do a better job than the Granddaddy Purp, Lemon Skunk, Cali Trainwreck, or ChemDawg4 so that led me to start my first grow. Since then I have been researching the medicinal values of cannabis and have been blown away. I never really smoked much or often before my back injury (maybe once or twice a year after I retired from the Marine Corps).

I have tried CBD oil that I picked up at a dispensary in Washington State and while it helps, it doesn't provide anywhere near the relief that smoking gives me. I am not a guy that generally likes getting high all the time so I figured the oil might be good. Others have recommended getting the oil that has both the THC and CBD.

I refuse to take pain killers or muscle relaxers and Motrin or Advil is as much as I will generally take for the pain. Only when it kicks up to the 7-8 level on the pain scale will I light up. I would definitely be interested in hearing more about it from someone that is dealing with a back issue.

Rand, do you make your own full extract cannabis oil? I hurt my back about 8 months ago (ruptured disk and facet joints damaged) and despite physical therapy the pain isn't going down at all. I can't really do anything that requires bending or twisting without really sparking some nice pain. I was about 2 months into the injury when my brother recommended trying cannabis. I lit a bowl and was blown away by the instant relief it gave me. The Alaskan Thunderfuck seemed to do a better job than the Granddaddy Purp, Lemon Skunk, Cali Trainwreck, or ChemDawg4 so that led me to start my first grow. Since then I have been researching the medicinal values of cannabis and have been blown away. I never really smoked much or often before my back injury (maybe once or twice a year after I retired from the Marine Corps).

I have tried CBD oil that I picked up at a dispensary in Washington State and while it helps, it doesn't provide anywhere near the relief that smoking gives me. I am not a guy that generally likes getting high all the time so I figured the oil might be good. Others have recommended getting the oil that has both the THC and CBD.

I refuse to take pain killers or muscle relaxers and Motrin or Advil is as much as I will generally take for the pain. Only when it kicks up to the 7-8 level on the pain scale will I light up. I would definitely be interested in hearing more about it from someone that is dealing with a back issue.

Im in the same boat. I need something good for my back as i do not like the come down i get while working. Like now i am having lunch and just sitting mu back starts to hurt but i just deal with it now i guess. Would like to make or try some

Hey Van!

CBD oil has its benefits for sure but there is CBD Oil from the hemp plant and then there's CBD oil from the cannabis plant. The confusion on the difference is rampant. When money is to be made, deceptions abound. Too many people have been led to believe that CBD hemp oil treats cancer, diabetes, etc etc. when in reality a full cannabinoid profile is needed and that includes THC. It's the THC that kills cancer cells(apoptosis) and a combination of CBD and THC that fights pain. The hemp plant has negligible THC in it and that's why it's legal in federal level.

The very best medicine is full extract from cannabis. I use Everclear grain alcohol to extract the oil/resin from the trichomes and then evaporate the alcohol off leaving pure oily goodness. I then infuse a small amount of a carrier oil with it to make an easy dosing consistency and improve bioavailability/absorption. I use coconut oil but olive oil and other oils work too.

So glad you find relief from smoking it. That's great. But can you imagine taking that effect and multiplying it by 100? I don't have any way of knowing what the multiple truly is, but super concentrated oil will rock your world.

The biggest challenge, especially for folks who aren't use to, or don't want the high, is dosing. A dose half the size of a grain of rice can put you on your lips!!! So it's hard to imagine being able to handle a gram a day, but that's the goal for a cancer protocol. A gram of oil is equal to about one millimeter.

I would encourage you to try out some FECO. If you can dedicate one ounce from your harvest, it will yield from 4 to 6 grams of oil. I'll look up a link to a simple method for making it yourself and post it here. By far the best method of taking it is under the tongue, but some vape it, use in rectal or vaginal suppositories, or combinations of these methods.

Because we are so deceived by the health care industry, we think in terms of popping pills to address symptoms. Then we take another pill to address the side effects of that pill and it's a never ending cycle. While cannabis oil does treat symptoms, researching the science is key to understanding the complexities of how our bodies work and treating the causes rather than just the manifestations. Once you come to a general understanding of it, you will also come to understand the role of diet and nutrition in causing the health issues increasingly faced. I'd be surprised if the doctors have even told you about anti-inflammatory foods and herbs you can incorporate into your diet to help your back pain.

I take a good sized drop of oil before bed. I can come home from doing things like humping tile to a third floor bathroom, sit down in my recliner, and after a short time there have a hard time getting up and walking. I take the oil and wake up the next morning ready to go again. In the past, it didn't take much for me to be down for days, weeks, and even months. But because of FECO I have taken the opioids etc. in years, nor have I been to a chiropractor. Use to practically live at the Chiro! Oil and my inversion back swing is all I need.

What happens when I take oil with good 1:1 ratio THC to CBD before bed is that I get deep recuperative sleep. The oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties and along the deep sleep allows my muscles to relax and stops the spasms. With back injuries, seldom does the pain come directly from the injury site itself. It's called "referral pain", meaning the pain is referred from the injury site to the surrounding tissue and muscles. The muscles tighten and spasm as the bodies response to protect the injury. Once the muscles tighten, spasm, and inflame, it can be really tough to get them to let loose. I once spent six days on the living room floor and couldn't move. It took being carted off the the hospital and two rounds of Intravenous morphine for my muscles to finally let loose so I could finally go on the mend.

All the drugs they dish out only mask the pain. The ones design to actually address the source of the problem, such as flexeril/cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxer, are so ineffective as to be a waste of time. And the mood they put me in has me wanting to punch walls. It's so insane, when this gift from God plant does a better job than all the chemicals combined.

I consider myself blessed to only have back pain to deal with. I can afford to buy an ounce off the street and the 4-6 grams of oil last me two months. Imagine going thru and ounce worth in less than a week to treat cancer. Who can afford that?! Yet many states and the federal government won't legalize growing your own because they're afraid people might enjoy getting high... while the pricks drink their f'ing martinis!!

Anyway, I'll stop there. I'm just grateful that the great state of Alaska allows me to control my own health care!!

I am more than happy to help any way I can. I'll even send you some oil to try out if need be. When I'm able, I provide it to anyone who needs it. The only condition is that if they do they must also pay it forward and help others. That's the way it should be in all areas of life! And that's why I love this forum... everyone is so willing to share whatever level of knowledge they have. Good peeps up in here!!

Yea it makes sense. How do you adjust the pH level? And I do use tap water but I fill my gallon jugs that I have and let sit for at least 24hrs open before using it. But I will be buying one from amazon.
My tap water here in SoCal is about 7.2 pH but goes up to 8.4 when left to stand, so watch for that. I use pH Down (phosphoric and citric acid) with my nutes to get the pH into the 6.2-6.4 range. That bottle I bought should last for years since I only seem to need around 1/4 -1/2 tsp/gallon!

Hey Van!

CBD oil has its benefits for sure but there is CBD Oil from the hemp plant and then there's CBD oil from the cannabis plant. The confusion on the difference is rampant. When money is to be made, deceptions abound. Too many people have been led to believe that CBD hemp oil treats cancer, diabetes, etc etc. when in reality a full cannabinoid profile is needed and that includes THC. It's the THC that kills cancer cells(apoptosis) and a combination of CBD and THC that fights pain. The hemp plant has negligible THC in it and that's why it's legal in federal level.

The very best medicine is full extract from cannabis. I use Everclear grain alcohol to extract the oil/resin from the trichomes and then evaporate the alcohol off leaving pure oily goodness. I then infuse a small amount of a carrier oil with it to make an easy dosing consistency and improve bioavailability/absorption. I use coconut oil but olive oil and other oils work too.

So glad you find relief from smoking it. That's great. But can you imagine taking that effect and multiplying it by 100? I don't have any way of knowing what the multiple truly is, but super concentrated oil will rock your world.

The biggest challenge, especially for folks who aren't use to, or don't want the high, is dosing. A dose half the size of a grain of rice can put you on your lips!!! So it's hard to imagine being able to handle a gram a day, but that's the goal for a cancer protocol. A gram of oil is equal to about one millimeter.

I would encourage you to try out some FECO. If you can dedicate one ounce from your harvest, it will yield from 4 to 6 grams of oil. I'll look up a link to a simple method for making it yourself and post it here. By far the best method of taking it is under the tongue, but some vape it, use in rectal or vaginal suppositories, or combinations of these methods.

Because we are so deceived by the health care industry, we think in terms of popping pills to address symptoms. Then we take another pill to address the side effects of that pill and it's a never ending cycle. While cannabis oil does treat symptoms, researching the science is key to understanding the complexities of how our bodies work and treating the causes rather than just the manifestations. Once you come to a general understanding of it, you will also come to understand the role of diet and nutrition in causing the health issues increasingly faced. I'd be surprised if the doctors have even told you about anti-inflammatory foods and herbs you can incorporate into your diet to help your back pain.

I take a good sized drop of oil before bed. I can come home from doing things like humping tile to a third floor bathroom, sit down in my recliner, and after a short time there have a hard time getting up and walking. I take the oil and wake up the next morning ready to go again. In the past, it didn't take much for me to be down for days, weeks, and even months. But because of FECO I have taken the opioids etc. in years, nor have I been to a chiropractor. Use to practically live at the Chiro! Oil and my inversion back swing is all I need.

What happens when I take oil with good 1:1 ratio THC to CBD before bed is that I get deep recuperative sleep. The oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties and along the deep sleep allows my muscles to relax and stops the spasms. With back injuries, seldom does the pain come directly from the injury site itself. It's called "referral pain", meaning the pain is referred from the injury site to the surrounding tissue and muscles. The muscles tighten and spasm as the bodies response to protect the injury. Once the muscles tighten, spasm, and inflame, it can be really tough to get them to let loose. I once spent six days on the living room floor and couldn't move. It took being carted off the the hospital and two rounds of Intravenous morphine for my muscles to finally let loose so I could finally go on the mend.

All the drugs they dish out only mask the pain. The ones design to actually address the source of the problem, such as flexeril/cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxer, are so ineffective as to be a waste of time. And the mood they put me in has me wanting to punch walls. It's so insane, when this gift from God plant does a better job than all the chemicals combined.

I consider myself blessed to only have back pain to deal with. I can afford to buy an ounce off the street and the 4-6 grams of oil last me two months. Imagine going thru and ounce worth in less than a week to treat cancer. Who can afford that?! Yet many states and the federal government won't legalize growing your own because they're afraid people might enjoy getting high... while the pricks drink their f'ing martinis!!

Anyway, I'll stop there. I'm just grateful that the great state of Alaska allows me to control my own health care!!

I am more than happy to help any way I can. I'll even send you some oil to try out if need be. When I'm able, I provide it to anyone who needs it. The only condition is that if they do they must also pay it forward and help others. That's the way it should be in all areas of life! And that's why I love this forum... everyone is so willing to share whatever level of knowledge they have. Good peeps up in here!!

I know this was for Van but if you could post a link on how you do it that would be awesome. My pain is always there but again i just go with itm sometimes it is worst than other days. I have got stuck reaching down at work trying to take shingles up on a roof. That was not a good day. 3 days without being able to move much. The inflammation comes bad sometimes.
I actually went out to lunch with my sister and she said she knew a lady at her job who takes drops under her tounge every morning. So that might be what you are talking about? She also makes edibles and what not. But she might buy some from her for me to try. But would still like to learn how to make.
Thank you for all the help. Very good people on here im glad i joined!

My tap water here in SoCal is about 7.2 pH but goes up to 8.4 when left to stand, so watch for that. I use pH Down (phosphoric and citric acid) with my nutes to get the pH into the 6.2-6.4 range. That bottle I bought should last for years since I only seem to need around 1/4 -1/2 tsp/gallon!

Yea i just ordered a ph meter from amazon. Thank you guys! Will look for the ph down as well.

I thought you needed to decarb the cannabis before using the solvent. Everclear burns off at a much lower temperature than the temps recommended for decarboxylation.

I don't know, my understanding (very limited to say the least) is to turn the THCA into THC which is what is needed most in the treating of cancer. Not sure if that's necessary in using it as a pain relief. You could very well be correct though.

So it is safe to use the ph up and ph down with the nutes? Got ph meter today so will finally see what ive been giving them.

So it is safe to use the ph up and ph down with the nutes? Got ph meter today so will finally see what ive been giving them.

Yes. It is safe. Check ph after you mix.

Hi Mike, Rando and everyone. Also mike here. This is been a great read really happy to have wandered in here. I'm also in the same boat. It's uncanny really, LOL. I'm also a contractor for most of my life, 47 years old, and 25+ years off and on in the trades Not much I can't do, but I'm mainly a tile setter. My drywall mud leaves a little to be desired. Lol
Not only that, but I also have a terrible back, and deal with chronic pain on a daily basis. 2 discs removed, nerve decompression, boared out holes in sides of spinal blocks, blah blah. Scar tissue growing through my nerve root now.
It took me three years to get off of OxyContin 880mg/dayand my doctor was happy to trade my prescription for cannabis. It's the only thing that stops the spasms in my leg and give me a chance to sleep. It's changed my life. My only medications now are cannabis, and a Cortizone injection on two levels in my spine every three months. Life's good now.
Maybe you should call this thread contractors with bad backs to grow cannabis. LOL.
Anyway, I also tend to ramble on. Sure glad to meet you all. I'm sure we can learn a lot from each other. Hope you don't mind if i pull-up a chair.

Peace ✌️

I thought you needed to decarb the cannabis before using the solvent. Everclear burns off at a much lower temperature than the temps recommended for decarboxylation.

Many do, and it's necessary if doing a low heat or no heat evaporation of the alcohol, but I most often just decarb during the evaporation/reduction process.

The recommended decarb temp correlates with a given amount of time. One can decarb at a lower temp for a longer period of time.

Hi Mike, Rando and everyone. Also mike here. This is been a great read really happy to have wandered in here. I'm also in the same boat. It's uncanny really, LOL. I'm also a contractor for most of my life, 47 years old, and 25+ years off and on in the trades Not much I can't do, but I'm mainly a tile setter. My drywall mud leaves a little to be desired. Lol
Not only that, but I also have a terrible back, and deal with chronic pain on a daily basis. 2 discs removed, nerve decompression, boared out holes in sides of spinal blocks, blah blah. Scar tissue growing through my nerve root now.
It took me three years to get off of OxyContin 880mg/dayand my doctor was happy to trade my prescription for cannabis. It's the only thing that stops the spasms in my leg and give me a chance to sleep. It's changed my life. My only medications now are cannabis, and a Cortizone injection on two levels in my spine every three months. Life's good now.
Maybe you should call this thread contractors with bad backs to grow cannabis. LOL.
Anyway, I also tend to ramble on. Sure glad to meet you all. I'm sure we can learn a lot from each other. Hope you don't mind if i pull-up a chair.

Peace ✌️

Hey mike, nice to meet you. Seems like all the contractors get bad backs. Although i have not had any types of surgery. I hope i do not have too. I just have to be careful at work. Everything you said sounds very painful. My back hurts now lol.

I stopped taking pills about half a year ago. So new years. Im only 24 so i thought if i stopped now it would be better. Although i deal with the pain almost all day therefore im smoking all day. Good thing i work with my uncle and he smokes too so im good there. Stretching for a few minutes before i start and few minutes after im done working helps alot. Just started to ramble lol. Its ok that we do that. Gives us all something to be reading and talking about. Im learning everyday from all you great people.

I got my light today and set everything up so will be starting a journal here soon. Its a few weeks in but would like all the help as im growing. Thanks for jumping in. Like meeting new people!

Many do, and it's necessary if doing a low heat or no heat evaporation of the alcohol, but I most often just decarb during the evaporation/reduction process.

The recommended decarb temp correlates with a given amount of time. One can decarb at a lower temp for a longer period of time.

True, but if alcohol burns off at ~168° F you would need to be doing your evap/reduction for over an hour based on the graph I see everywhere I look for decarb info. Unless you are boiling off a really large amount of solvent, I don't think the decarb would complete before the alcohol is gone.

Peace ✌️

Hey Mike! "Gimp Grows" seems to sum it up nicely!

I love tile work as well! But being a remodeler I do it all. Humping tile is hard in the back... mudwork is hard in the rotor cups... sitting here reading and typing endlessly and standing there watching my plants grow seems to be all my body wants me to do and as they say... "listen to your body"!! LOL!

Good thing my customer are willing to put up with my eccentricities!!

Welcome aboard!

Hey Mike! "Gimp Grows" seems to sum it up nicely!

I love tile work as well! But being a remodeler I do it all. Humping tile is hard in the back... mudwork is hard in the rotor cups... sitting here reading and typing endlessly and standing there watching my plants grow seems to be all my body wants me to do and as they say... "listen to your body"!! LOL!

Good thing my customer are willing to put up with my eccentricities!!

Welcome aboard!

Hey Rand, thanks for that lengthy response on the oil. I do appreciate it. I am getting down to the point where I need to start considering what to do with all my trimmings (about a month left on my grow). What equipment would you recommend me starting to buy in order to make oil (or what equipment will I need might be a better way of putting it)?

I use a Nuwave induction burner. It's a table top portable digital unit with very accurate digital temp display and 5 degree adjustments. No place for ignition of fumes. Very safe and accurate.

I use two nonstick, "green" frying pans, meaning the coating is green and doesn't leach chemical by way of the alcohol. A larger pan goes on hot plate filled a quarter depth with water. A smaller pan goes into that in which the alcohol extract goes. It's a bounce boiler setup.

You look want glass or stainless bowls for the soak and to strain into. Once you'll need a stainless strainer and some cheesecloth to do a first strain in material.

At that point I put the solution in the freezer for a couple hours and then strain thru natural I bleached coffee filters. Takes time and patience. This will solidify waxes and give a final strain of waxes and plant material.

It then goes into smaller pan and heated to evaporate alcohol. You'll need fairly stiff silicone spatula to keep oil pushed down edges of pan as alcohol level goes down and to move oil into a puddle. I use wooden skewers to clean oil off spatula. Every tiny drop is a dose so you find a system of keeping very clean and keep oil pushed into whatever solvent is left till the very end. You wanna lower temps as it concentrates so to not burn it and to not loose THC potency and terpenes. The lower the heat the better for that.

For that reason I start my heat at 230 for a half hour when doing an ounce worth. Then down to 190. When bottom of pan is just covered and there's foamy floaters on top I turn heat of and on just to keep it warm until all alcohol and whatever water was in alcohol is gone. Some put it in a jar in a cup warmer for that final evaporation so to not burn it. Your call. I spread it out in bottom of the warm pan, let it sit for ten minutes, pool it up and look for an milkyness. If milky spread it out and reappear until it's a uniform dark green color.

If you freeze your alcohol and bud before the extraction, work fast, return it to freezer at different stages to keep it very cold and strain well, you can get amber to light green or brown colored oil, but I haven't found a difference in potency or effectiveness. Mine is usually medium to dark greenish brown.

It's really pretty easy and I've never had a bad batch. I've had it turn almost plastic like in consistency when it cools, but for sublingual dosing I add about 30% volume of coconut oil to it while still warm and stir until fully infused. Makes nice consistency for dosing and more bio available. The coconut oil also does great job of cleaning every little speck of oil off pan and spatula. That's important because otherwise I like to lick the spatula and when I do, it puts me on my lips!! Yeeee hah!

Back
Top Bottom