Is 6/2 light cycle for real?

I tried it on my 2nd tent grow and didn’t notice much difference from that to the 18/6 light cycle. Hell, I even did it with the exact same strains as I accidentally killed my first attempt after 11 weeks of vegging.

I would have thought in the past that cycle would be hell on HID bulb and ballast. It wouldn't be to harmful with LED's but the heat cycles will put more stress on things.

I have always been an 18/6 12/12 grower. Originally preferred the 6 hours off when I was worried about any light leaks with the blurple lighting.

this is a solid thread. another 18-6 grower here,
I bet a 6/2 light cycle would be really beneficial during hot days or under really powerful lights.
I'm too afraid of using a 24/0 on anything other than autos

this is a solid thread. another 18-6 grower here,
I bet a 6/2 light cycle would be really beneficial during hot days or under really powerful lights.
I'm too afraid of using a 24/0 on anything other than autos

I'm seeing a lot of 18-6 or 20-4 fans here and am not the type who is too stubborn to change. I've always been 24/0 and have never seen negative results but do wonder if the brief rest would benefit or hinder growth. Mind if I ask why you're afraid of 24/0 on anything besides autos? I'm beginning to be swayed, no autos here.

Ive always known/understood that above soil grows during the day, roots and microbial at night. I’m a fan of “resting” times.

24/0 seed
20/4 seedling
18/6 veg
12/12 flower
9/15 last one/two weeks (something new I’m trying)

To me plants get a cycle in nature. It's just part of their environment. I don't know if they need it of not. I just get good results that way so I stick with it. In hydro without a chiller it does give the temperature a break.

I think it’s been proven that plants don’t ‘need’ a dark period in veg. Lots of guys hammer 24/0. However, I do think problems, stress and mistakes are more likely when things are running that hard. I’m gonna give 6/2 a run. I don’t expect ‘better’ results over 18/6 but I do like the idea of that schedule with shorter dark periods and if it works better for my environment then my girls should be healthier.

Back
Top Bottom