Is a fan blowing directly on buds during flower bad?

Aussiegirl

So I just had a thought, curiosity hits me add odd moments these days... Anyway lets get to it.

Would a fan blowing at high speed directly over buds on a plant 7 weeks into flower (not mine of course..) have any type of negative effect ?

Keep in mind that there are zero signs of wind burn and she looks absolutely amazing.. My question is because I don't want to have the buds not grow to their full potential due to a simple mistake.

It is my belief though I might be mistaken that increased air flow actually increase bud size.

Am I wrong or right in my belief ?

The fan was kept on low and not blowing directly onto the plant all the way up to 2 weeks into flower then switch to high speed etc..

Thank you for reading.

From my experience try to give it more of an indirect airflow, that way the leaves do not get wind burn. Please set the speed to the lowest setting. Keep the plant trimmed and clean in the center to encourage airflow and avoid to much moisture on the leaves.:Namaste:

I think its said that cannabis is a wind reliant plant (spread pollen away from males bursts) i would imagine ,tropical and also desert region winds , to be fairly constant and breezy with the push of warm air etc...common sense on if the ladies are being damaged in any way by the velocity of the breeze. I do prefer to keep them on the straining to stand upright. Gives me good stems for building on

Yeah as long as you’re not blasting them too hard it’s fine. A hard blast will damage the pistils. Your low setting is fine. As for making them bigger- I wouldn’t say that, no, but airflow in general is a very good thing and makes them stronger and averts mould. So indirectly it does, yes.

Wow thanks everyone, this is some great confidence building info that you have all given.

The fan in question isn't blowing directly on the buds exactly more say 60% ish.. But no windburn yet and the exhaust is moving alot of air out of the tent.. My next issue will be to get the RH% down to 40% atm with the rain and change in season the RH is fluctuating from 50% to 69% which I'm very wary of.. I plan to get a portable air con unit in the next 2 weeks to combat that though..

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Wow thanks everyone, this is some great confidence building info that you have all given.

The fan in question isn't blowing directly on the buds exactly more say 60% ish.. But no windburn yet and the exhaust is moving alot of air out of the tent.. My next issue will be to get the RH% down to 40% atm with the rain and change in season the RH is fluctuating from 50% to 69% which I'm very wary of.. I plan to get a portable air con unit in the next 2 weeks to combat that though..

Thanks again everyone for the help.
I have found that for a 5x5 grow like my own, a tiny dehumidifier on a humidity controller seems to help along with promptly removing runoff and proper use of exhaust the fan. I still spike to %70RH after feeding but I get it back.

I have always blown fans on my plants to the point that the leaves fluttered. I don't try to create gale force winds or anything but I will say that some strains can handle a good blow job where as others are very sensitive to it. My Purple Kush and Gelato's are only are a few I've seen where a fan oscilating on low causes premature reddening of the pistils. I have had to reposition them as to lessen the exposure to the wind.

So I just had a thought, curiosity hits me add odd moments these days... Anyway lets get to it.

Would a fan blowing at high speed directly over buds on a plant 7 weeks into flower (not mine of course..) have any type of negative effect ?

Keep in mind that there are zero signs of wind burn and she looks absolutely amazing.. My question is because I don't want to have the buds not grow to their full potential due to a simple mistake.

It is my belief though I might be mistaken that increased air flow actually increase bud size.

Am I wrong or right in my belief ?

The fan was kept on low and not blowing directly onto the plant all the way up to 2 weeks into flower then switch to high speed etc..

Thank you for reading.
Fresh air circulation dies increase bud size....I keep a fan.....according to where I'm growing....in a tent, I use one for an inlet and one for an outlet.!!! I'm a small closet, or bathroom setup, I always have fresh air coming to them from the outside....outside being prob 85-90% of the time..!!!! That's what I've always read....air makes the buds more dense.....;-)

As long as she doesn't show signs of windburn, no wukkas moving air is nothing but good. That said, plants like air that moves irregularly, so use an oscillating fan if can. In nature, the wind doesnt blast 1 speed all day and night, it comes in gusts. Copy nature and all good.

Back
Top Bottom