Is Betty White Ready?

DocDox

I have a White Banner aka Betty White that has been living with us in the house for the past couple months. I give her lots of attention and plenty of sunshine. I am wondering when she is done? Little history on Betty White.... She was maybe 6 weeks old and when I transplanted her from a 1 gallon pot to a 7 gallon pot she started to bud. I moved her from my grow room to the house and she has been staying at the house ever since. I can let her grow all summer but if she is ready I am ready for her to be done. Some of my other plants that were the same age are over 7' tall.

IMG_0639.jpeg

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

I have a White Banner aka Betty White that has been living with us in the house for the past couple months. I give her lots of attention and plenty of sunshine. I am wondering when she is done? Little history on Betty White.... She was maybe 6 weeks old and when I transplanted her from a 1 gallon pot to a 7 gallon pot she started to bud. I moved her from my grow room to the house and she has been staying at the house ever since. I can let her grow all summer but if she is ready I am ready for her to be done. Some of my other plants that were the same age are over 7' tall.

IMG_0639.jpeg
Hello @DocDox hope you are well.
Amazing garden you have going. WOW
I love Betty White,hehe she is an auto im assuming.
As you have had her in the house and she is flowering on her own?
Those buds are odd looking and i don't see any pistols at all.
What are the trichomes like?
Bill

Those buds are odd looking and i don't see any pistols at all.
What are the trichomes like?
I noticed no fan leaves and the flowering areas almost look like it is a male but then those could be some mature and immature calyx. As you mentioned, no noticeable pistils.

There are some trichomes but not enough for the usual female plant.

@DocDox, do you have any photos from around the time when you transplanted from the 1 gallon container to the the 7 gallon?

Here is a pic of her at 7 weeks

White Banner1 7wks.png
Definitely pistols there but its a stretchy plant that looks odd almost male but.
So sativa I guess. But pistils have disappeared in first pic,I don't see them even curled in.
What do the trichomes look like now?
Bill

So sativa I guess. But pistils have disappeared in first pic,I don't see them even curled in.
What do the trichomes look like now?
Yes, pistils in the photo from about week 7 but I don't see any in the photo in msg #1. There are several calyx showing at some nodes.

As for the trichomes I can see a few in the first picture but they look immature. Captured the picture and enlarged part of it and trichomes show up but make it look like the plant is several weeks away from being mature.

closeup.jpg

With this close-up it does not look like male flowers anymore. But, it also looks like the plant stopped producing active female flowers and just some sugar leaves.

Strange one indeed.

I currently use her as an air freshener in the house and would consider her just another of the house plants we have around. Also she is a great conversation piece. Just wish I would have kept her in the 1 gallon pot instead of the 7 gallon.....

I currently use her as an air freshener in the house and would consider her just another of the house plants we have around. Also she is a great conversation piece. Just wish I would have kept her in the 1 gallon pot instead of the 7 gallon.....
That's a good conversation piece for sure.
If you just want to leave it and see what happens but I would not get my hopes too high. Strange buds seem to have quit ?
Bill

what do you have it under for lighting ?

if it's just relying on sunlight in the house i'm thinking you might have a confused plant. sorta looks like an auto that can't reveg and can't quite finish.

......so she is ready?
It is your plant to do with as you see fit.

But I think you could leave it alone and maybe the trichomes will continue to ripen. I am thinking a couple more weeks.

All the fan leaves are gone and I figure you cut them off yourself for some reason. The plant does need those leaves for photosynthesis. The little sugar leaves that are left are not enough.

Back
Top Bottom