Is it harvest time?

HappyHacker72

420 Member
Hi everyone. First time grower based in the UK. Growing a Northern Lights auto that was planted as a seedling on the 6th May. Been going for 8 weeks approx. My question is should I be cutting it down now or leaving it for a bit longer? I know it's a question that always get asked but any help would be appreciated. I should add that I'm growing for medical reasons. I chose Northern Lights as it was a favorite from my youth and I've since done some research and bought some Blue Dream seeds for my next attempt. Heard good things about it. The other plant in the room is a AK auto that was a free seed. Think I overwatered it early on as it was stunted and 2 weeks behind the NL. But I thought I would keep it going to see what it turned out like.
I made my own grow room (lots of spare time during lock down) and I've got a Mars hydro TS1000 led light. Using bio bizz grow, bloom and max. Got pH down as well.
Have really enjoyed the grow experience. Bit of a learning curve as I got the gardening bug bad and tried my hand at growing chilli's, tomatoes, cucumbers as well.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_192813.jpg
    IMG_20200702_192813.jpg
    967.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200702_192825.jpg
    IMG_20200702_192825.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200702_192746.jpg
    IMG_20200702_192746.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200702_192758.jpg
    IMG_20200702_192758.jpg
    890.9 KB · Views: 45
Most people harvest based on trichome color. They will go from clear to milky to amber and depending on the type of medical reason you are looking to medicate for you want to be somewhere between milky and slightly amber. If you have a jewelers loupe, magnifying glass, or portable microscope you can check over the buds on the whole plant. Even with a good enough camera phone you can take some photos close up and zoom in to get an ok view of them.

Run a search of the forum to find out when’s the right milky or amber ratio for you based on your medical reasons. You can also check the first link in my signature for a reference to a lot of helpful threads in the forum. Towards the bottom of the references is a section on Harvesting with some good links on trichomes.

Going by the Trichs is the best way, if you have a computer you can zoom in on pics that way to get a closer look or find a loupe to look. Just by the pistils IMHO would be way too early to harvest now as you easily have a week and more than likely 2 weeks to go easy (and might be slightly longer than 2 weeks still). As they fatten up at the end along with increase their potency a lot, and you got her this far be a shame to do her in too early.

Hey Hacker,

WELCOME to 420magazine! We are all so happy you could join us.

We are a friendly bunch. We love to give advice on growing and basically anything to do with our favourite herb.

There are lots of different forums for you to participate in. Just scour through the different threads under the main menu. You will surely find something to amuse yourself.

And dont forget that participating in these forums is how people will come to know you. And by coming to know you you will soon make some good friends. I have people here whose opinions I trust more than anyone in my offline life.

And do check out our monthly and yearly contests. It is an important way we thank those members who really put themselves out there.

And there would be no prizes for our contests if we had no sponsors. Our sponsors are the backbone of our community. Without them, the admins could not run our website. So we like our sponsors and to show our appreciation, we buy products from them when we can. They've got some great 420 stuff. Really top quality merchandise.

So with all that said, I WELCOME you again.

:yahoo: :adore::Namaste::welcome::welcome::welcome::ciao::yahoo:

All my best,
~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom