Is it me or are they curling?

since you have not given any other nutrients other than the calimagic, it has to be that dosage that is what upset the plants. There is a bit of N in that stuff, hence its 1-0-0 rating. As others have said, clawing like that is typical of Nitrogen toxicity, or at least has given you a warning that it has occurred. FFOF is already quite high in available N, so this dosage of calimagic took it over the line. First, I am not sure that calimagic was called for yet, and certainly not in the dosage you gave. I am a fan of giving a calmag/iron product early on as a preventative, so I don't think any harm was done... the plant just told you in no uncertain terms that it was a little bit too much... maybe go with a half dose next time, and of course, watch that pH.

since you have not given any other nutrients other than the calimagic, it has to be that dosage that is what upset the plants. There is a bit of N in that stuff, hence its 1-0-0 rating. As others have said, clawing like that is typical of Nitrogen toxicity, or at least has given you a warning that it has occurred. FFOF is already quite high in available N, so this dosage of calimagic took it over the line. First, I am not sure that calimagic was called for yet, and certainly not in the dosage you gave. I am a fan of giving a calmag/iron product early on as a preventative, so I don't think any harm was done... the plant just told you in no uncertain terms that it was a little bit too much... maybe go with a half dose next time, and of course, watch that pH.
Ahh, @Emilya, you are the soil Goddess. Not to hijack, but my girls were showing a bit of brown spots at 6.3. Now, my meter could be off, I haven’t calibrated it in a few weeks. I raised ph to 6.5-6.7 and the spotting has stopped. Should I go back to that 6.3-6.5, after I re calibrate my meter? I’m at 1-2 weeks flowering on my Autos

Ahh, @Emilya, you are the soil Goddess. Not to hijack, but my girls were showing a bit of brown spots at 6.3. Now, my meter could be off, I haven’t calibrated it in a few weeks. I raised ph to 6.5-6.7 and the spotting has stopped. Should I go back to that 6.3-6.5, after I re calibrate my meter? I’m at 1-2 weeks flowering on my Autos
I would definitely suspect that your calibration was off. At 6.5-6.7 you don't have a lot of drifting room before you are out of the usable range for many of the nutrients. Try to determine which way you were off after you get calibrated, and see if that makes sense after the adjustments you made. I am suspecting your meter to have been way low, and raising the pH actually got you into the proper range.

Thanks for ur infinite wisdom soil goddess lol the reason I even introduced the calimagic to begin is because it was my first time using r.o rather then city tap so it was more of a. Rookie mistake. This is only my second run and am still learning the ropes. My next run I intended it to be a photo scrog run. Any suggestions on strains ???

Sorry about the wait but as promised this is the the update on my girl that was clawing. I have flushed her with phd ro water and the run off was very high (1880) so am guessing the soil must have been a bit hot. She starting to fade a bit on that new growth so next watering I will introduce some bites at 1/4 strength. Thank you all that have been helpful

Attachments

• 5095F700-5B27-4A34-BA7C-6875BF3CC47B.jpeg
    5095F700-5B27-4A34-BA7C-6875BF3CC47B.jpeg
    859.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 05DBEE73-101C-433C-82FD-1B7869269BC4.jpeg
    05DBEE73-101C-433C-82FD-1B7869269BC4.jpeg
    875.2 KB · Views: 90
I only ever flush in veg, I’ve never flushed in flower stage. I hope your plant turns around after that flush. If you say the run off was a bit hot, it might have been a good thing. What type of nutes you using? How far along in flower is she? Do you have bloom nutes in with the mix?

I only ever flush in veg, I’ve never flushed in flower stage. I hope your plant turns around after that flush. If you say the run off was a bit hot, it might have been a good thing. What type of nutes you using? How far along in flower is she? Do you have bloom nutes in with the mix?
I only flushed do to the heavy curling I was experiencing and I don’t add nutes until they ask me for it lol the ffof does the job well. I use the advanced nutrients lines and since they’re autos they don’t usually need nutes until flower. I am about 2 weeks in flower it’s ghost toof by mephisto

Back
Top Bottom