Curling Problem

JakeSCL

I have browsed the forums and everything I seemed to stumble upon regarding this issue I tried, or I’m confused on. I apologize for a topic you guys probably see a lot. I have 5 plants in total, 4 of which ere curling in a weird way. 1 is curling downward, the other 4 are curling upward. I tried watering, that didn’t work. I tried holding off on watering for a day and that didn’t work. My light is approximately 15-20 inches from the top of the tallest plants. I’m really stumped on what the cause could be. Maybe you guys can helpBelow are the images of the plants effected.

Jake.jpg

Jake2.jpg

Jake3.jpg

Jake4.jpg

My temperature has been between 24-26 Celsius at all times, RH has been between 50-60.

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the forums at 420! To help we will need more info. What kind of soil? Are you using any nutrients on them? Do you use a cal-mag product? Are you adjusting ph? If so to what value? Light spacing sounds ok but what type of light & how much wattage are you pushing?

I see a bit of tip burn & upcurl in the last few pics which makes me think soil is too hot or plants have been over-nuted. Lay some answers on us and more help will drop in soon.

Now is a great time to start a journal so we can keep an eye on your grow.... only takes 5 minutes write up your details in first paragraph like your grow lights, nutes & soil, slam a photo or two and you are home free. How to make a grow journal

later

Those plants still look over-watered to me, you might benefit from letting them dry out a little longer again. They're also very dark green and shiny, with some tips clawing down like they've gotten a bit too much nitrogen. What are you feeding them?

Have you got fans on them or anything at the moment? Some of that crinkle at the leaf edges looks like wind stress or maybe even a reaction to teeny tiny bugs

If that's Coco, I don't think you have as much leeway to let it dry quite as much as soil. However I believe @NuttyProfessor has played around with different wet/dry circles in Coco, he might be a good reference here!

looks like a potting soil with premixed nutes , slow release if its MG potting soil this is the second one today i seen with problems using it , some have up to 6 months worth SR pellets that feed when you water , when you water too much and get a lock out you try to water it out but its catch 22 as every time you water you feed , that is only if its Miracle grow potting soil with the long time feed .

they look a bit overfed. new growth coming in hard green.
agree with nutty, too much feed or a hot soil.

Those plants still look over-watered to me, you might benefit from letting them dry out a little longer again. They're also very dark green and shiny, with some tips clawing down like they've gotten a bit too much nitrogen. What are you feeding them?
Agree 100%
Too much love.

I'm on the over watering combined with neut burn. They look like an auto strain? Am I correct? Also what size pot are they in? They look rather small. Would also help to know what soil you are utilizing....

What does an auto strain look like?
Whats different?
I've found, as a personal observation that is not based on any exact scientific research that I am aware of, is that as a whole, the leaf width on an auto flowering strain tends to be much wider as compared to a photoperiod strain. This tends to be noticable during the first to fish set of leaves. As the plant progresses into the stretch and flower phase the leaves develope a more traditional shape. Just something I've picked up over the years of growing both varieties. And again this is my observations and opinion. Maybe I'm just a lucky guesser, or entirely too high...lmao :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom