Is it me or are they curling?

Cannygrow

Hello guys am looking for some help here, my new growth has some downward curling. At first I suspected heat/light stress (although my temps are in range) so I raised my lights and nothing. I thought it was over water so I have dried out for about 4 days and nothing. So what I am now thinking is that my rh is to high. Any thoughts or advice specially on how to lower humidity until I get a humidifier.
Details: 2x4 growtent hlg 288 v2 lights ffof soil Mephisto genetics ghost toof seed on about 4 weeks from seed ,light is at about 24”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 170
I was thinking similar thought that it had to do with my wet dry cycle. I haven’t fed at all she’s eating out the ffof soil for now. It happend when I switched from blurple to qb lights pots are still a bit heavy so I know they got moisture. 3 gl fabric pots btw. Also about two weeks ago they all suffered a major heat stroke when the ac in my place went out. Since then I have upgraded my set up with an a/c I thought at first it was due to the temp adjustment. Today when I come home after work I will water until run off and see what happens. Could it possibly root rot?

I was thinking similar thought that it had to do with my wet dry cycle. I haven’t fed at all she’s eating out the ffof soil for now. It happend when I switched from blurple to qb lights pots are still a bit heavy so I know they got moisture. 3 gl fabric pots btw. Also about two weeks ago they all suffered a major heat stroke when the ac in my place went out. Since then I have upgraded my set up with an a/c I thought at first it was due to the temp adjustment. Today when I come home after work I will water until run off and see what happens. Could it possibly root rot?

Damage to the root system surely can give you above ground symptoms. You mentioned the pots are still heavy? If so, I would reconsider drowning them again. If you do have root rot, a watering surely wouldn’t aid it. I don’t know much of soil growing. But I would be looking into fertilizer levels in the soil as well.

If you are using fabric pots, try putting them up on racks so they can get some air under them. Sometimes the cloth bags allow the water to pool up at the bottom. They do seem to have a hook at the leaf points. Too much N?

Are these autoflowers?

If you are using fabric pots, try putting them up on racks so they can get some air under them. Sometimes the cloth bags allow the water to pool up at the bottom. They do seem to have a hook at the leaf points. Too much N?

Are these autoflowers?
Yes I thought I stated that they are autoflowers from Mephisto genetics sorry for that overlook on my behalf. (Am gettting tired of autoflowers instability tbh. Any suggestions on photo strains for a newbie?)I usually keep them on milk crates for optimal air flow but took them down thinking they were clawing from the light but my light runs very cool. I suspect it to be root rot. I gave her a heavy drench and put back on crate light is at 18” I will post an updated picture in a few days. If it turns out to be root rot any advice

plants talk to me... and in your new growth I see a plant screaming out that it hit too many nutes. This clawing at the end of the leaves, just in the top growth, tell me that it just recently happened. Either you mixed up your nutes way too strong or you are giving nutes every time without plain water inbetween. Whatever caused it, your plants are screaming that something at their toes was way too hot.
kudos by the way on knowing to wait on the container to dry out, ie, watching your wet dry cycle. The problem isnt in the watering then... it is in the nutes. If you had some random yellowing down in the bottom leaves I would suspect being rootbound, so thats not it. Root rot doesn't happen if you are drying out between waterings, and it makes the whole plant look sickly ... I don't think it is that either.

Root rot is a possibility, but not likely, you need to douse the plants with several gallons every night for a couple weeks straight for that to happen. I’m not saying that it’s not a possibility, but I’m just saying let’s not get rational and think the worst. You said you gave it a good drink, has it looked to improve at all since watering?

Yes I thought I stated that they are autoflowers from Mephisto genetics sorry for that overlook on my behalf. (Am gettting tired of autoflowers instability tbh. Any suggestions on photo strains for a newbie?)I usually keep them on milk crates for optimal air flow but took them down thinking they were clawing from the light but my light runs very cool. I suspect it to be root rot. I gave her a heavy drench and put back on crate light is at 18” I will post an updated picture in a few days. If it turns out to be root rot any advice
I haven't had to deal with root rot myself. I think that there is a hydrogen peroxide treatment you can soak them in. Fox farms and a few other companies have rescue drenches. Not sure if they are for root rot though.
I think to much nutes. The clawing is usually to much N.

plants talk to me... and in your new growth I see a plant screaming out that it hit too many nutes. This clawing at the end of the leaves, just in the top growth, tell me that it just recently happened. Either you mixed up your nutes way too strong or you are giving nutes every time without plain water inbetween. Whatever caused it, your plants are screaming that something at their toes was way too hot.
kudos by the way on knowing to wait on the container to dry out, ie, watching your wet dry cycle. The problem isnt in the watering then... it is in the nutes. If you had some random yellowing down in the bottom leaves I would suspect being rootbound, so thats not it. Root rot doesn't happen if you are drying out between waterings, and it makes the whole plant look sickly ... I don't think it is that either.
Hi emilya I was kinda hopping you would chime in since u helped so much in my first grow lol. If it is nutes it must’ve hit a buildup in the soil as to I haven’t added any as of yet. I usually water city tap but today I gave them all a heavy flush with r.o and a touch of Cali magic total ppm we’re about 250 I will give a few days and see how she’s doing and will update. Funny thing is her sisters are doing great same bag of soil same water so let’s pray it’s just a build up lol

especially with the fast positive drift rate of FFOF, it is important to come in at the low end of the pH range. Experience with FFOF along with FF nutes shows us that failure to do so at least a few times in mid flower will almost certainly result in a molybdenum deficiency in late flower. All soils designed with a 6.7 - 6.8 base pH are best used by adjusting all fluids to 6.3 pH, the point where mathematically the most elements are the most mobile... and then allow the soil to drift your pH through the entire 6.3-6.8 range as the soil dries out and reverts back to its base pH.

Hello guys am looking for some help here, my new growth has some downward curling. At first I suspected heat/light stress (although my temps are in range) so I raised my lights and nothing. I thought it was over water so I have dried out for about 4 days and nothing. So what I am now thinking is that my rh is to high. Any thoughts or advice specially on how to lower humidity until I get a humidifier.
Details: 2x4 growtent hlg 288 v2 lights ffof soil Mephisto genetics ghost toof seed on about 4 weeks from seed ,light is at about 24”

Leafs are curling downward. Might be too much nitrogen. Nitrogen Toxicity. Flush the plants a little until run off with RO Ph'd water.

I'm only using 1/4 amount of nutrients suggested and plants are doing great.

Admittedly my ph was a bit high this last watering. I didn’t check pre calimagic but post it was around 6.8 so I didn’t down it. Now I wish I would. My next course of action will be to just flush with plain r.o water next watering. On the plus side Despite her not feeling well she keeps growing steadily big thanks on that ph info for ffof as to that’s the only soil I use I will be lowering my ph to that 6.3 sweet spot. I usually don’t feed until I see the plants becoming hungry, I try to let the plants talk to me but there’s a language barrier sometimes am still learning to speak plant lol. I really appreciate all you guys help and support. I can read and do all the research in the world but it’s the experience that u guys have that really helps us newbies out ❤️

Back
Top Bottom