Is my LED too far from plant?

Greenthumb414

Does it seem like its reaching to the light? Does this mean it's not intense enough? It's under a 450w led panel 200 actual watts at about 18 to 20 inches from plant which is what is recommended by manufacturer. This plant has been in 12/12 for about a week. This is my first grow with panels so far all plants seem to like it.

You are in the 'stretch,' a two to three week period where indicas double in height, and sativas can more than triple their height. This is normal. You should start seeing many more flowers in a week or two.

BTW this is a supposed autoflower which obviously was not an autoflower by the time I realized it was a huge plant which is what made me upgrade lights. I have 2 450w panels now the other panel is on 5 plants that are in veg and small.

Varies on the LED light but you will be somewhere near 10-15" once she quits stretching and full on in Flower, and make sure to move an inch or so at a time when moving as you can tell when she doesn't like it and it getting too close and you can find the sweet spot for the light/plant (as some Strains can also have slightly different likes/dislikes).

Think we may have same light... Viparspectra 450W LED? 202 true watts?

18-20" has been sweet spot during auto seedling and veg. Recently in early bloom plant leaves were cupping a bit to preserve water. 72-77F, 55% RH all throughout grow. Went and raised it to 22" and dialed all Red/White/Blue spectrums down to 75% and they like it now.

Think we may have same light... Viparspectra 450W LED? 202 true watts?

18-20" has been sweet spot during auto seedling and veg. Recently in early bloom plant leaves were cupping a bit to preserve water. 72-77F, 55% RH all throughout grow. Went and raised it to 22" and dialed all Red/White/Blue spectrums down to 75% and they like it now.

Wow surprised you guessed right considering you can't see the panel at all in my pics lol. Yes I got two of them recently I'm excited to see the difference in my buds from CFL.. Have you harvested well with yours how many do you have?

Wow surprised you guessed right considering you can't see the panel at all in my pics lol. Yes I got two of them recently I'm excited to see the difference in my buds from CFL.. Have you harvested well with yours how many do you have?

1 more month roughly for harvest with the LEDs, cant wait. Got 2 as well.

Can see in pics plant leaves at top "pointing up" - they're liking the light manufacturer's recommended height give or take a few inches.

Your plants are praying as they call it, nothing wrong here they look happy and healthy, and I also use viparspectra lights, I have the 4 of the V600’s and love them, they do generate a little bit of heat when on full blast but have been working awesome for me, I had one panel that the bloom side of the light stopped working (after a couple years use and being bumped into many times) sent them a few emails back and forth diagnosing the light, they even allowed me to open it up and diagnose it myself (having a background in car audio, electronics) and I sent the light in to them and they had it fixed and back to me in less than a month, I borrowed a couple v450’s from a buddy while it was in for repair. Their customer service department was very friendly and easy to deal with, big piece of mind there. I will most likely be adding a UVB light this grow to see if there’s any benefit but soo far I love how the vipar’s perform, last crop I yielded nearly 1.5 pounds dried weight from 8 plants, 2 performed very poorly soo I consider that average number for 6 plants, as if I had my room dialed in I would have VERY easily been over my 2 pound goal.. This time I’m cutting my room down a little bit and running 4 plants, I may throw one light over each plant and see how they do, with these new genetics I’m firing up I’m hoping I can pull 2 pounds from 4 plants under 4 lights

Your plants are praying as they call it, nothing wrong here they look happy and healthy, and I also use viparspectra lights, I have the 4 of the V600’s and love them, they do generate a little bit of heat when on full blast but have been working awesome for me, I had one panel that the bloom side of the light stopped working (after a couple years use and being bumped into many times) sent them a few emails back and forth diagnosing the light, they even allowed me to open it up and diagnose it myself (having a background in car audio, electronics) and I sent the light in to them and they had it fixed and back to me in less than a month, I borrowed a couple v450’s from a buddy while it was in for repair. Their customer service department was very friendly and easy to deal with, big piece of mind there. I will most likely be adding a UVB light this grow to see if there’s any benefit but soo far I love how the vipar’s perform, last crop I yielded nearly 1.5 pounds dried weight from 8 plants, 2 performed very poorly soo I consider that average number for 6 plants, as if I had my room dialed in I would have VERY easily been over my 2 pound goal.. This time I’m cutting my room down a little bit and running 4 plants, I may throw one light over each plant and see how they do, with these new genetics I’m firing up I’m hoping I can pull 2 pounds from 4 plants under 4 lights

Respectable numbers there forsure. I'm hoping for already a couple ounces off this plant. My first harvest ever was almost 4 ounces dry off 2 plants under 280w of CFL then I did a Bach of autoflower that didn't do to good and one was not even a real auto so I put some blame on seeds, but got a couple ounces off the 2 plants but they finished in 1 gal so they were small. I got 6 seeds coming next week 3 auto 3 regular I wanna do 2 plants that are large like this one with one plant under each light or I may sneak the 3rd seed in but I need to do some practice cloning so I can get the perpetual mother plant clone setup going. I tried going perpetual with bagseed I had 16 plants going now there is 5 left because of hermies, not including this big fem black gold plant in the pics above. That's why it's separate. I have a homemade grow box that is 3 x 5 I'm hoping on my next harvest to get little over half pound out of it with two of these 450s that could be done wouldn't Ya say?

Back
Top Bottom