Is there enough potassium in the soil for vegging?

in the mountains and foothills it could be either black bear or grizzly.
Grizzly's would be the ones I'm worried about, mind you anything big with teeth I'd stay clear of. I read about the case of Timothy Treadwell the bear enthusiast and no way I'm venturing into bear country after reading about that.
if you take anything in, just do what is reasonable to carry with the plants is my best comment. for us it was more of a numbers thing. truthfully i wouldn't do guerilla again, but it was a different time.
Guerrilla growing is tough, heavy losses due to various factors and having to pull early because of bad weather. The only upside is bigger yields compared to indoors or greenhouse growing.

I read about the case of Timothy Treadwell the bear enthusiast ...
And Threadwell had no business being out there trying to prove that one of the strongest and an agressive mammal would be soothed by music, singing or whatever he and his companion were doing.

Black Bear can be just as aggressive, have a sense of curiosity, and seem to be a bit more tolerant of what people do so I can understand why the use of fish scraps will bring them back to a grow area looking for a meal.

Black Bear can be just as aggressive, have a sense of curiosity, and seem to be a bit more tolerant of what people do so I can understand why the use of fish scraps will bring them back to a grow area looking for a meal.

black bears will venture closer to humans than what a grizzly is comfortable with. grizzly encounters are almost always accidental, whereas a black bear will initiate an encounter on their own.

And Threadwell had no business being out there trying to prove that one of the strongest and an agressive mammal would be soothed by music, singing or whatever he and his companion were doing.

On the next Where are they now?
A preview of the Threadwell episode.
1701885631874.png

Have had several encounters with black bears, all ended peaceably, but I did get real concerned once. I was deer hunting and had a black bear walking down the trail I was hunting next to. I first saw him about 40 yrds away, slowly grabbed my gun, and got it ready, then stood up, bear looked right at me, and kept coming! I had the sights on his head and thought to myself, three steps and he's a goner, he took two and was coming down with the third when he turned and ran! I paced it off, he was 17 yards from me. Had one encounter with a grizzly in Glacier National Park, I was camping and treed a cub on the way to the bathroom, knew mom had to be close, I hightailed it back to the trailer!!! Grizzly encounters don't usually end well.

Back
Top Bottom