Is this a possible Calcium/Magnesium issue?

This right here! This is why I was stumped. I have a 60-100x scope and still wasn't finding them. I did the same as you, pH, cal/mag, N, nothing was working. I certainly hope that my spraying and measures I took work.

This is picture of the bugs I found in the nutrient solution
They are still back
What are they?? thrips???

IMG_20160523_220336.jpg

If you Google thrips, you'll find several different types. They can look different regionally. Without a clearer picture of them however, it's very difficult to see clearly what they are.

sausage1.jpg

This is a magnified image of the one above
I'll try and take a better photo with another camera later

But they are brownish in colour and they got a sausage body with antennae sticking out of the top

Could this be something other than thrips?

I've googled thrips in different stages and they don't seem to like them

and primarily, I see them floating in the nutrient solution and not on the plant or flying around

Looks like thrips to me - more than anything else.

Thrips3.jpg

I agree with the thrip hypothesis. What do you think Major, an azo product, with a good system flush 3-5 days after treatment?

I agree with the thrip hypothesis. What do you think Major, an azo product, with a good system flush 3-5 days after treatment?

Exactly - although I've never grown in DWC or other hydro. I've read 3 days and 5 days. I go with the middle ground and spray 4 days apart about once per month as a preventative. I try to rotate what I use to limit their ability to adapt to what I'm using.

Yes, everything I've researched and have learned from growers in my area say exactly,"make sure to have a variety of treatments and rotate them to prevent pests from becoming resistant to the treatment. Whatever the grow method, the treatments are all fundamentally the same in logic.
Now, as for azo, when you do use it, watch the pH. In and out.

Back
Top Bottom