Is This A Swollen Calyx? I'm Panicking Here

bigboerboel

I'm two weeks in flower and there are several of these on one of my two plants. I'm hoping they are just swollen calyxes and not seed pods, but my Google search was indefinitive.

20220819_111452.jpg

20220819_111706.jpg

What's the difference between these single calyxes and the ones that make up the buds? Both can contain seeds, yeah?
Yeah, but these are usually the first calyxes to form as your plant shows it's sex, usually during the shift to flower.
Otherwise they're the same. Their pistils change colour and recede earlier, and they swell before the ones that make up the buds which freaks some growers out.
Lots of new growers think they're pollen sacs, or a sign the plant is herming.

Yeah, but these are usually the first calyxes to form as your plant shows it's sex, usually during the shift to flower.
Otherwise they're the same. Their pistils change colour and recede earlier, and they swell before the ones that make up the buds which freaks some growers out.
Lots of new growers think they're pollen sacs, or a sign the plant is herming.
Guilty of this 😂 your all good in the hood ....no worries from what I see....except get the shovel out the frost is coming in heavy ;)

OK, thanks. I like to pinch them to get a sniff of terpenes. If there was a seed in there, you'd feel it.

Back
Top Bottom