Jheresmyaim

I have this in a few random spots on maybe 6 leaves (out of 12 plants). Should I be pruning these yellowish spots off this one plant?
20160507_084309.jpg
[/url]

Those spots look like there may be a touch of nutrient deficiency, probably Nitrogen if on the lower fan leaves. I wouldn't worry about pulling any leaves off until they are crispy enough to fall off themselves, the plants are feeding from them hence the yellowing spots. Some people do defoliate regularly as part of their grow routine and there are many journals on here discussing the pro's and cons.

Welcome to :420: btw, albeit belated :)

Thanks, I've been trying to be pretty vigilant about my nutes, environment, and etc. I just thought it odd that this one plant was having the spots but none others. I've had a few other deficiency issues (mostly white spots forming between veins in the leaves) but I think I finally have a good mix of 5 various botanicare organics, and using great white.

Thanks, good to be here!

Those spots look like there may be a touch of nutrient deficiency, probably Nitrogen if on the lower fan leaves. I wouldn't worry about pulling any leaves off until they are crispy enough to fall off themselves, the plants are feeding from them hence the yellowing spots. Some people do defoliate regularly as part of their grow routine and there are many journals on here discussing the pro's and cons.

Welcome to :420: btw, albeit belated :)

The leaves showing this are the top fan leaves of a tertiary stem (plant has about a dozen non central stems)

Well to be honest I don't think I have enough knowledge to be able to help you much with this one. I would think that you can dismiss light burn as it would occur across the tops of all branches closest to the light and the only other thing I can think of would be a Boron deficiency, but for this you would either have to be using RO water or your PH levels would need to be consistently higher than the 6.0 - 6.5 range. I would recommend that you create a journal (as I have in my signature) and this way growers will know a lot more about your setup, the nutrients used and whether your PH range is correct, and even whether you are growing in hydro, soil with chemicals or organic soil etc.
All these details prove invaluable to fellow growers and they will be able to help you make an informed decision as to what the problem is.

Sorry that I can't be of as much help as I would like to be but once you can share more details I'm sure one of the experts on the site will step in with some concrete advice. :thumb:

Well to be honest I don't think I have enough knowledge to be able to help you much with this one. I would think that you can dismiss light burn as it would occur across the tops of all branches closest to the light and the only other thing I can think of would be a Boron deficiency, but for this you would either have to be using RO water or your PH levels would need to be consistently higher than the 6.0 - 6.5 range. I would recommend that you create a journal (as I have in my signature) and this way growers will know a lot more about your setup, the nutrients used and whether your PH range is correct, and even whether you are growing in hydro, soil with chemicals or organic soil etc.
All these details prove invaluable to fellow growers and they will be able to help you make an informed decision as to what the problem is.

Sorry that I can't be of as much help as I would like to be but once you can share more details I'm sure one of the experts on the site will step in with some concrete advice. :thumb:

I've actually started a very rudimentary journal on paper of feeding schedule, pH, but starting one here is likely a better plan!

Back
Top Bottom