Its my 1st post and i am in trouble

perfect timing jandre, it wont let me reps you all these times mate, im not sure if spraying the leaves is doing you any good if its when the lights on, spray just after the lights gone off or just before it comes on, i made this mistake and had problems and couldnt figure it out, then i said i had been spraying the leaves, this then got me the answer to my problem, i quickly found out the the light was making the water drops turn into a magnifying glass and this created a hot spot and damaged the leaf, even damaged a bud and the bud below it as the water dripped on it, this was when i first flipped the lights to 12-12 but i can still see the damaged part is it has deformed leaf and the bud is a different shape also

hehe, I do what I can, lol.

A good decent brand of soil should have PH value written on the bag in the UK on average should be PH 6.6 or 6.8 & should fall with in EU regulations... god bless the EU

Biobizz - all mix is normally aviable from any good hydroponic shop with my next choice being john Innes range of composts from seedlings to mature plants No 1 to No 7 compost if mermory serves me correct another choice would be westlands multi purpose compost & all of these should have aprox 4 weeks worth of nutrients preloaded into compost !

From local hydro shops you should find biobizz range of organic nutrients, Canna & Hesi nutrients aviable & bat guano.

Other altenatives for home mix of soil is farm yade/horse manure 50l bag with low value NPK which can be added to compost for slow release nutrients & chicken manure/pellets.

I'm not aware of any regular organic liquid fertiliziers aviable from B&Q, Homebase or Wyevale even tho Wyevale may offer a slow release organic nutrients !

Some of my own favourite Uk hydro shops are 3ch & progrow for the odd bits 'n' bobs :peace:

Hey Fuzzy Duck, just wanna ask you about the John Innes soil No.3 now do you think it goes a bit to clumped up and compact inbetween waterings???? I have also some hydro corn for drainage too but upon watering and inbetween the pot drying out which is taking 4 days(still not dry) lighting is Twelve's12 GLR, 600HPS temps @ a steady 81. and humidity 45+ and growth has slowed right down and am getting worried about lack of oxygen to the roots? Any advice would be great

Ohh yeah plus Rep+ all round Happy Growing, Love the SOS haha lol.:goodjob: everyone :thanks: to all these great helpers of this magnificent site. :peace:

Hey Fuzzy Duck, just wanna ask you about the John Innes soil No.3 now do you think it goes a bit to clumped up and compact inbetween waterings???? I have also some hydro corn for drainage too but upon watering and inbetween the pot drying out which is taking 4 days(still not dry) lighting is Twelve's12 GLR, 600HPS temps @ a steady 81. and humidity 45+ and growth has slowed right down and am getting worried about lack of oxygen to the roots? Any advice would be great

Ohh yeah plus Rep+ all round Happy Growing, Love the SOS haha lol.:goodjob: everyone :thanks: to all these great helpers of this magnificent site. :peace:

You may of firmed the compost down to much when potting up, i normal fill the pot to near the brim and tap gentle a few times making a hole in compost for rooted cutting/plant & gentle firm compost around the sides, tap a few more times on a solid surface sprinkling a tad more compost afterwards if need be.

Slow growth may well be a sign of root balling & you may well need to be inspect by removing plant from pot or view roots system from looking at drainage holes of pot, you will more than likely have a mass of roots under neath pot poking out of the drainage holes if root balled servely.

If root balling is the issue repotting to a larger pot will be of a great benifit if you wish for a larger plant :thumb:

JOHN INNES POTTING COMPOST No.3

a richer mixture for final re-potting of gross feeding vegetable plants and for mature foliage plants and shrubs in interior planters or outdoor containers.

7 Loam
3 Peat
2 Sand

each cubic metre of mix, add

0.6kg ground limestone
3.6kg hoof and horn meal
3.6kg superphosphate
1.8kg potassium sulphate

You may of firmed the compost down to much when potting up, i normal fill the pot to near the brim and tap gentle a few times making a hole in compost for rooted cutting/plant & gentle firm compost around the sides, tap a few more times on a solid surface sprinkling a tad more compost afterwards if need be.

Slow growth may well be a sign of root balling & you may well need to be inspect by removing plant from pot or view roots system from looking at drainage holes of pot, you will more than likely have a mass of roots under neath pot poking out of the drainage holes if root balled servely.

If root balling is the issue repotting to a larger pot will be of a great benifit if you wish for a larger plant :thumb:

JOHN INNES POTTING COMPOST No.3

a richer mixture for final re-potting of gross feeding vegetable plants and for mature foliage plants and shrubs in interior planters or outdoor containers.

7 Loam
3 Peat
2 Sand

each cubic metre of mix, add

0.6kg ground limestone
3.6kg hoof and horn meal
3.6kg superphosphate
1.8kg potassium sulphate

Excellent post! That's a very good mix for cannabis, well draining of excess, but still retains some moisture. Doesn't pack too easily when dry. I would also add 1 part perlite/vermiculite, but that's just me.

Funny you said that as before I re potted to this pot the roots looked a lot root bound. But I thought I caught it in time so obviously my soil is fine it's was a bit root bound during the repot I also teased some of the roots so they were spread out a lot as I always depot when dry so I was able to do it. Also I was not going to use nutes until flower 3-4wks now would this be ok? Obviously I need to keep check for deficiencies .

Excellent post! That's a very good mix for cannabis, well draining of excess, but still retains some moisture. Doesn't pack too easily when dry. I would also add 1 part perlite/vermiculite, but that's just me.

So don't bother with the hydro corn at bottom of pot for drainage? Is that right about vermiculite that all I need to do is spread it on top and it seeps into the soil or would I re pot with Verm or just wait until I transplant into my final flower pot?

each cubic metre d0.6kg ground limestone3.6kg hoof and horn meal3.6kg superphosphate1.8kg potassium sulphate!! Lol silly question but were would I get these from please! Also will applying these cause nute burn, salt build up or deficiencies. Thank you kind regards

I would use nutrients from day one of flowering from my own experience with growing in soil is that defeciencys will occur after week one & may progress with each strain being some what different in nutrient requirements in flowering to add head ache for us ol growers... gotta :love: MJ

From what i remember of vermcumlite (excuss spelling) is that it retains moisture, great in hydro drip grows.

Perlite aids drainage & airation of soil.

Ye that No. 3 john innes compost does look pretty tasty now jandra2k3 has mention & looks to have a suitable P/K ratio with the hoof & horn being slow release over time.

The quanties mention 0.6kg ground lime stone, Ph buffer of compost, 3.6kg hoof & horn slow release value of NPK more P/K tho plus the odd trace micro nutrient & calcium. The 3.6kg super phosphate (P), 1.8kg potassium sulphate (K) is for a metric meter of compost or one metric ton of compost... thats a lot of dirt

Super phosphate & potassium sulphate are not readly aviable on the domestic market and may be considor industrial agricultural grade fertilizers, these are more like a quick release nutrient making it readly aviable to the plant a lot sooner, very unlikely to cause burn or salt build ups with quanties used in compost, we're talking grams per 50l bag tho etc

Hi all,
my run off PH is really low, it is 3.5 what is the quickest and easiest way to rise the PH?. I have not used any nutes but i do have an all in one tomatoes nute i could add, but i just wanted advise first.

101_5749.JPG
101_5748.JPG
101_5747.JPG
101_5746.JPG
101_5745.JPG
101_5744.JPG

i have added a quarter of what was recomended on the lable and added bone meal in the hope that it helps i will test the run off when i next water again

Hi, im from the uk and have just started growing again after a few years break. im using soil and am using IONIC SOIL GROW it cost me £6.50 a litre from my local hydro shop.

hi, you should be ok with the nutes mate, you started on watered down dose so you should be ok, what is the NPK rating on the nutes, it should be on the side or back of packet, i would use the nutes then next time you water give nutes then the 3rd time id give just water to flush out any salt build ups, slowly up the dose over a few feeds and you should find you will be ok, once the plant starts taking in the nutes the leaves should look darker and will probably fill out more with leaf growth, so keep upping the dose and it should be able to take it at nearly full strength but dont rush it, as soon as you notice yellow spots on the leaves then this is telling you the nutes are to strong and back off slightly on them, but until you see that happen you should be ok to keep using it and up the dose over a few feeds

Hi and thank you, the NPK is 4-4-12 is that ok? I will most certainly take your advise and let you know how i get on. Wow why did nobody warn me that bone meals smells like poo? i was heaving when i walked in the room, i felt so ill, i do prefer the natural smell of my plants.

Fuzzy Duck said:
I would use nutrients from day one of flowering from my own experience with growing in soil is that defeciencys will occur after week one & may progress with each strain being some what different in nutrient requirements in flowering to add head ache for us ol growers... gotta :love: MJ

From what i remember of vermcumlite (excuss spelling) is that it retains moisture, great in hydro drip grows.

Perlite aids drainage & airation of soil.

Ye that No. 3 john innes compost does look pretty tasty now jandra2k3 has mention & looks to have a suitable P/K ratio with the hoof & horn being slow release over time.

The quanties mention 0.6kg ground lime stone, Ph buffer of compost, 3.6kg hoof & horn slow release value of NPK more P/K tho plus the odd trace micro nutrient & calcium. The 3.6kg super phosphate (P), 1.8kg potassium sulphate (K) is for a metric meter of compost or one metric ton of @compost... thats a lot of dirt

Super phosphate & potassium sulphate are not readly aviable on the domestic market and may be considor industrial agricultural grade fertilizers, these are more like a quick release nutrient making it readly aviable to the plant a lot sooner, very unlikely to cause burn or salt build ups with quanties used in compost, we're talking grams per 50l bag tho etc

Hey Fuzzy I recently seen @ Wilkinsons the Ground lime, Hoof and Horn, Super phosphate and potassium phosphate. But all the directions we're just like you described hear. And my pots are only 11l pots but I could have got it all for under £15.

Hey Fuzzy I recently seen @ Wilkinsons the Ground lime, Hoof and Horn, Super phosphate and potassium phosphate. But all the directions we're just like you described hear. And my pots are only 11l pots but I could have got it all for under £15.

Hi Mark30g i was not aware of wilkinsons range of plant food/products & after doing a quick google for them the following plant nutrients are a very reasonable price indeed & must pay a visit to a local store once i find one :thumb:, even tho they do appear to high value NPK ratios. If mixing your own compost is an option these ingredients purchased in bulk packets will last many years worth of home mix compost !

With the correct ratio of ingrendients being measured out accurately if mixed in smaller batchs as not to interfere with nutrient lock outs due to uneven balance of NPK ratios etc

As a hobby grower myself i still find a reputable brand of compost worth while & rather purchase a compost mixed by a pro than myself as we do have EU regulation regard consistancy of NPK / ph values of such products ! to safe guard all our growing interests including comerical scale/agricultural growers.

Hi and thank you, the NPK is 4-4-12 is that ok? I will most certainly take your advise and let you know how i get on. Wow why did nobody warn me that bone meals smells like poo? i was heaving when i walked in the room, i felt so ill, i do prefer the natural smell of my plants.

4-4-12 is great for flowering, but for the vegetative growth, I would suggest a tiny bit of high N guano or blood meal to give some more nitrogen. HOWEVER, if you see no yellowing in the older leaves, and the new leaves are a good green and not really light green, I'd hold off until they start to tell you they need it. Your soil mix might be giving all the N needed for now, but I'd keep an eye on them for when it's been used up.

Back
Top Bottom