ItsNatural's - Scrog - Truthband - MoneyMaker - Lemonskunks - Earthjuice - CFL/LED

Re: ItsNatural's - Scrog - Truthband - MoneyMaker - Lemonskunks - Earthjuice - CFL/LE

Last Night

20160823_200648.jpg
20160823_200653.jpg
20160823_200658.jpg
20160823_200702.jpg
20160823_200708.jpg
20160823_200716.jpg
20160823_200724.jpg

Re: ItsNatural's - Scrog - Truthband - MoneyMaker - Lemonskunks - Earthjuice - CFL/LE

I got my New seeds in the mail the other day. After long consideration, Taking in account money, my experience level, Plant difficulty, THC levels, Yield, and effect. I went with these

20160819_145817.jpg
20160819_145934.jpg

The Freebies

20160819_150130.jpg

These seem a little small to me. Especially for 10 bucks a pop.

20160819_150313.jpg

I would love to grow one of each. But as we all know, that makes things alot harder. I would never get my canopy even. So I will most likely grow 4 plants, 2 of one kink and 2 of another. I really want at least 2 different kinds of smoke to switch between. I know it sounds spoiled and greedy, But I cant help it. I know my grow would prolly be alot easier and smoother if I grew all 4 of the same plants. And I still might. But I really love this plant and all it has to offer. I dont sell or even talk to people about my business. I just like it for me. So its like Im a kid in a candy shop. I dont want to pig out on just jelly beans. I want a bit of every candy. LOL Any way. that is for the future. For now I have to finish this grow. And have a good dry and cure. I plan on turning putting in taller legs on my screen and hang them from it inside my tent. that way I can control the airflow. Anyway. :peacetwo:

Nice selection of seeds! No worries about the size. I just opened the envelope for 5 Blue Mystics and sighed because I thought they were small...well those babies have taken off! :thumb:

I would love to grow one of each. But as we all know, that makes things alot harder. I would never get my canopy even. So I will most likely grow 4 plants, 2 of one kink and 2 of another. I really want at least 2 different kinds of smoke to switch between. I know it sounds spoiled and greedy, But I cant help it. I know my grow would prolly be alot easier and smoother if I grew all 4 of the same plants. And I still might. But I really love this plant and all it has to offer. I dont sell or even talk to people about my business. I just like it for me. So its like Im a kid in a candy shop. I dont want to pig out on just jelly beans. I want a bit of every candy. LOL Any way. that is for the future. For now I have to finish this grow. And have a good dry and cure. I plan on turning putting in taller legs on my screen and hang them from it inside my tent. that way I can control the airflow. Anyway. :peacetwo:

I don't talk to ANYONE about my grow. I was even stressing out about Thanksgiving, and if all plants will be finished. My house reeks of cannabis, and I don't want my holiday guests to know about this. Jail time is my biggest nightmare!

Well I harvested my crop Monday. Humidity is very high so I went ahead and did a full manicure. I should prolly go ahead and cut the buds off the stems, but I dont want to mess up and dry them too fast. I also dont want to get any kind of mold or anything. Anyway so I got it all hanging in my tent. I just cut all the string in my scrog screen and rewrapped a few lines to hang it on. Then I hung the screen up by the light. I was going to just change the legs out to taller legs. But forgot to get more pvc pipe. I have my internal clip fan off. And my exhaust fan on really low. I have both my bottom vents in my tent open. And a fan in the window of my building and one in the door way of the grow room. So its pretty cool in there compared to what its been without the fan in the window. I think its only like 85, maybe 88. LOL Better than 95. RH yesterday was holding at 70-75 then dropped to 58 for a while. This morning it was at 82RH I couldnt find any damp rids so I got some arm and hammer moisture absorb and it dropped it to 75. I added 2 more for a total of 4 in the tent and it was still at 72. I just hope I can keep the mold off. But not over do it and dry them too quick. Here are some pics of the harvest. I definitely didnt get as much as last grow. But I still learned from it. So its a plus. I may run out of smoke before next harvest but I have oil and stuff. Ill be good. :)

20160830_011904.jpg
20160830_011912.jpg
20160830_011921.jpg
20160830_011930.jpg
20160830_011934.jpg
20160830_011943.jpg

I will keep checking on them until dry. Then I will put in jars. OZ a jar with a Beveda 62 pack in each jar for cure. Will cure, occasionally shaking each jar to distribute moisure, until I run out of my current stash. Then, and only then will I crack open a jar to sample. :) I will be smoking my scissor hash tho. LOL Its SO strong :smokin:

Edit
by the way, if you notice big leafs in some of the pics its because Im not wasting time on trimming the little airy buds. or the small but dense popcorn buds. I will just make some wax with it.

Looks FABULOUS!!!!!! Can't wait to see a smoke report. BTW, I did a seed order and they threw in some delicious candy seeds. We should grow them at the same time :high-five:

For sure. :) cant wait. I havent ran a check on them yet to see what they are about. But I pretty much love them ALL :circle-of-love:

:welldone:so beautiful there.:cheer:
Well I harvested my crop Monday. Humidity is very high so I went ahead and did a full manicure. I should prolly go ahead and cut the buds off the stems, but I dont want to mess up and dry them too fast. I also dont want to get any kind of mold or anything. Anyway so I got it all hanging in my tent. I just cut all the string in my scrog screen and rewrapped a few lines to hang it on. Then I hung the screen up by the light. I was going to just change the legs out to taller legs. But forgot to get more pvc pipe. I have my internal clip fan off. And my exhaust fan on really low. I have both my bottom vents in my tent open. And a fan in the window of my building and one in the door way of the grow room. So its pretty cool in there compared to what its been without the fan in the window. I think its only like 85, maybe 88. LOL Better than 95. RH yesterday was holding at 70-75 then dropped to 58 for a while. This morning it was at 82RH I couldnt find any damp rids so I got some arm and hammer moisture absorb and it dropped it to 75. I added 2 more for a total of 4 in the tent and it was still at 72. I just hope I can keep the mold off. But not over do it and dry them too quick. Here are some pics of the harvest. I definitely didnt get as much as last grow. But I still learned from it. So its a plus. I may run out of smoke before next harvest but I have oil and stuff. Ill be good. :)

20160830_011904.jpg
20160830_011912.jpg
20160830_011921.jpg
20160830_011930.jpg
20160830_011934.jpg
20160830_011943.jpg

I will keep checking on them until dry. Then I will put in jars. OZ a jar with a Beveda 62 pack in each jar for cure. Will cure, occasionally shaking each jar to distribute moisure, until I run out of my current stash. Then, and only then will I crack open a jar to sample. :) I will be smoking my scissor hash tho. LOL Its SO strong :smokin:

Edit
by the way, if you notice big leafs in some of the pics its because Im not wasting time on trimming the little airy buds. or the small but dense popcorn buds. I will just make some wax with it.

Ok, So I cut the buds off the stems and jarred it all up. Each plant pretty much give me 2 zzs of fluffy airy buds. I am my own worst critic so please dont think Im not grateful for a successful harvest. I am very grateful and happy I have another harvest to jar up. Another seedless, pretty much stemless, non press harvest. :) If a person cant be happy about that. IDK.... But at the same time I like to be real with myself and anyone reading. Last harvest was much better. This crop was a little more difficult. With the heat, stretch, humidity, and the crappy tuck job. I think for one, I should have flipped the switch about a week earlier. I also think I need to cut some of the shoots to make more room for light penetration and for room to keep tucking. Next time I do a scrog, I will flip to 12/12 after the plants reach the screen. Or shortly after. I like having a bunch of tops. Which is what the scrog gives ya. But it is a pain for sure. Next grow. Which I havent started yet because Im getting a window fixed in that building, But next grow I think I have decided to say what the hell and go ahead and try manifolding/mainlining. I just dont know if I have a strong enough light for it to give me what I want. So Im afraid it will end up just having good tops and after the top the buds start getting airy and small.

ANYWAY Here are the totals.

Lemon Skunk2 = 66g

Money Maker = 56g

TruthBand - 69g

For a total of 191g

So if I would have had that forth plant go all the way I would have gotten a little over half a gram per watt. NOT GOOD!

Now having said all that and given the totals. The totals dont include the oz worth of popcorn buds that I put aside in another jar for making wax. As far as the 4th plant that got chopped early. I will take it and the trim from the other plants and make some cannbutter. So even tho I only got 6zs I will still have some back up to help me get to next harvest. And I still havent made up my mind on what Im going to grow next. Im thinking about the WWxBB (White Widow bred with Big Bud)

Well thats about it. Right now its all jarred up with some B-62 packs and curing in the dark.

Dang ItsNatural,
Just finished your completed journal and got excited to head over to this one and it's done too! Any plans on starting up a new one? Wish we could've traded advice/info, you did a great job! About to start my first journal, although I'm about 6 weeks into flower on some of my plants (staggered harvest)
Hope the smoke was good!

Dang ItsNatural,
Just finished your completed journal and got excited to head over to this one and it's done too! Any plans on starting up a new one? Wish we could've traded advice/info, you did a great job! About to start my first journal, although I'm about 6 weeks into flower on some of my plants (staggered harvest)
Hope the smoke was good!

Hey Halibut, :welcome: Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. No worries on you being late cuz in a sense, your actually still early. :) That was my 2nd indoor grow and I hope to have 100s more. IDK I may just be stoned. If you start a journal hit me with a link. I love to talk shop and dont mind the occasional rant. As far as the smoke. Im not really sure. Iv only smoked a j out of it. That was a couple days ago and I was already stoned. but it was very sticky and tasted great. I havent started another yet because I was making some shatter and If you read my journals, Remember Im a little ocd about things. I know that term gets thrown around way too much and I dont care for it honestly. There should be another term for it as I dont wash my hands 100 times cuz I think something bad will happen but I do like to have things a certain way and when Im going to do something. Especially something dangerous or important. I obsess over every detail. I do it 1000 times in my head. The whole act. Trouble shoot every problem I see in my head. So it takes All my mental. Whether I want it to or not. ANYWAY. "rant" As I was saying I havent started my next grow because I wanted to make some shatter from my popcorn buds. I will post below this one on that later. So between that and I plan on a totally different grow style. So Alot of simulations going on in my head. Alot of research. Reading. Pulling of the hair. I plan to do a manifold grow this next one. But I got new beans and a new style. Plus Im not sure If I want that much veg time.seems like alot. And Im fond of having alot of tops. But this last grow was a real pain and im my head half failure. So something new.

Hey Halibut, :welcome: Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. No worries on you being late cuz in a sense, your actually still early. :) That was my 2nd indoor grow and I hope to have 100s more. IDK I may just be stoned. If you start a journal hit me with a link. I love to talk shop and dont mind the occasional rant. As far as the smoke. Im not really sure. Iv only smoked a j out of it. That was a couple days ago and I was already stoned. but it was very sticky and tasted great. I havent started another yet because I was making some shatter and If you read my journals, Remember Im a little ocd about things. I know that term gets thrown around way too much and I dont care for it honestly. There should be another term for it as I dont wash my hands 100 times cuz I think something bad will happen but I do like to have things a certain way and when Im going to do something. Especially something dangerous or important. I obsess over every detail. I do it 1000 times in my head. The whole act. Trouble shoot every problem I see in my head. So it takes All my mental. Whether I want it to or not. ANYWAY. "rant" As I was saying I havent started my next grow because I wanted to make some shatter from my popcorn buds. I will post below this one on that later. So between that and I plan on a totally different grow style. So Alot of simulations going on in my head. Alot of research. Reading. Pulling of the hair. I plan to do a manifold grow this next one. But I got new beans and a new style. Plus Im not sure If I want that much veg time.seems like alot. And Im fond of having alot of tops. But this last grow was a real pain and im my head half failure. So something new.

Hey Its Natural....your last grow had some heat challenges - which is weather-related - and not your fault. The weather is cooling down in these parts, so I hope it's in yours as well. That should solve that problem. If you like a lot of tops, do a lot of topping!! You are not a failure, and I'm looking forward to your next grow....

Hey Its Natural....your last grow had some heat challenges - which is weather-related - and not your fault. The weather is cooling down in these parts, so I hope it's in yours as well. That should solve that problem. If you like a lot of tops, do a lot of topping!! You are not a failure, and I'm looking forward to your next grow....

:circle-of-love: thank you. Your a sweetheart. Its cooling down here too. So thats definitely a plus.

Hey man, glad to hear there's more to come.
Haven't started the journal yet, f'ed up my ankle so I can't get to my remote grow (indoor remote property) and it's been killing me! Only had a buddy stop by to throw water on them but he doesn't smoke so doesn't really care or "get it" luckily they're in soil (not organic) and should have enough nutes to skip a feed or two, some are in flush...
I personally love that you go into so much detail describing your grow and different options... as far as the ocd thing, I get it, not like you need to hit a light switch 14 times every time but you pay attention to detail and practice, right?
Just from what I read, I think we have different personalities in that respect, I tend to wing it once I start and let the sparks fly. I work on alot of engines and machinery, and many times just jump in. That said, especially when it comes to growing or personal projects, I like to read up on what I can, watch videos, etc and I'm the only one I work with who will ever crack a manual for a machine.
Can't wait to see how you do the shatter, I'm interested in that too. I vegged too long this time being my first "real" grow and ended up over filling the tent and building a temporary space, so I hear that. I'm looking at doing more small plants this year, and using real genetics instead of my hand me down hermies. Also changing my medium to either a much quicker draining soil mix, coco, or hydro. Pros and cons ugh! Have been considering hi brix, need to see if soil can cook in low temps.
Sounds like we'll be bouncing ideas off each other soon.. I want to draw some pics and upload them of my possible spring-fall GR, I was thinking of doing autos and maybe 3 fluxes (low sloping ceiling, 16'x5') flower once autos are done. All up in the air. I've been using a tent and will probably continue this winter with a smaller grow until then.

BTW I wanted to add as far as the half failure thing goes, I feel like everyone is their own worst critic sometimes... when I build something I see every single f up and imperfection, and remember every frustration and time lost to screw ups
When someone else looks, they see the whole picture, something hard to see when you are so close to the project, whatever it is..
Now there's a rant for ya

Ok so I took the popcorn buds from my 1st grow and this grow and grinded them up. It was about 34 grams or so. Here is a pic of some of the pile. I had already done some before I remembered to take picture. As you can see top right, I destemed the best I could. I could have left them. Prolly should have. Iv seen people do whole pulls from nothing but stems. Anyway. I took mine out. you have to excuse the look. They were crammed tight in a small jar for a while.

20160913_155619.jpg

I then packed my 14" glass extraction tube full. Not too tight, but tight.

20160914_113656.jpg

Then I took a pyrex measuring cup outside. Along with 2 cans of this. Even tho I only used a can and a half.

20160914_113736.jpg

I blasted off into the pyrex cup. A can and a half.

I then took 190 everclear and poured into the cup to purge the butane out.

20160916_190347.jpg

Then stirred for a bit and covered with a paper towel to keep stuff out. And let sit for a couple hours (to be safe) occasionally stirring. I then sat that pyrex cup in my deepfreezer over night. Then the next day I unbleached coffee filter in some mason jars. Then poured my mix into 5 filtered mason jars. Only putting just a bit in each jar. ( I still put too much but it was ok i just ran sever runs out of each jar.) Put back into deepfreezer while filtering. Let it sit a bit. Then too a pancake griddle. On low heat. Heat was going from 160 to 175 on the griddle but pyrex dish wasnt getting that hot till the end. Anyway I took some pyrex baking dishes. And took one and poured JUST A LITTLE in it. Not even covering the bottom. (Although I did a couple times but barely and it was ok) then sit the pyrex baking dish on the griddle. It then after a bit starts to get milky. ( I of course was buy a window with a fan in the window sucking out while having a fan to my back blowing out. Just to be safe about the alcohol vaper.) After milky oil beads form. After most the milk is gone and pan is dry. I scraped with a razor across the oil spreading it out over the pan. Allowing it to fully purge. After it was all spread and dry. I scrapped it up with a razor. Then let cool After than I too another razor and worked it off. NOT EASY. Its called shatter for a reason people. It WILL shatter into a thousand little peaces. So Sad. lol

20160915_135613.jpg
20160915_140203.jpg
20160915_135621.jpg
20160916_122505.jpg
20160916_122511.jpg
20160915_154629.jpg

20160915_151734.jpg

20160915_154610.jpg
20160916_144534.jpg
20160916_144317.jpg
20160915_154401.jpg

I ran out of time (kids coming home) so I had to stop and finish today. So thats why there is to different weighs. 1 is a gram. That was the first day. Next was 1.9. so all in all 2.9 plus the piece I shattered and couldnt recover so 3 grams. I could have gotten more. But I only blasted once. I should have took weed out. Let dry. Then repacked and blasted again into same cup. But didnt. So I prolly lost another 2 or 3 grams. But fuck it. I was a little nervous. About blowing up and about being seen. So one and done. Lol. I bought a rig and enail a few weeks ago so I was ready. I dabbed up last night and it was great. I was ripped. I will take some pictures of my setup another day. Till then :peacetwo:

Lol, nervous about blowing up and being seen, I suppose that's enough... does kind of look like a nefarious activity if you didn't know, haha. If you had the time or inclination, you would have re-blasted though right? Is the potency down on that second run? Also what do you think the difference is between the 190 proof and 151, yeild/potency wise with shatter? I'm not sure I can get 190 here.

Thanks a ton for the writeup, makes it look alot more doable while still being a bit of a process. I think most people know, but please do this outdoors, or on an electric cooktop with tons of venting like ItsNatural, or both. Those vapors are bad to breathe, and obviously super flammable.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom