Jae's - Green Crack - 144x5 LED - 1st Grow

Jae, I'm very impressed by this grow. Can't believe it's only your first. You've inspired me to try growing Green Crack. I know it's a good smoke.

What type of tent and fan system are you using?

thanks, it took alot of reading and my girl complaining that im not spending enough time with her lol also makes me wonder what my future grows are gonna look like :high-five:
It's just a cheap tent i ordered from amazon the size is 39.4"L x 39.4"W x 78.7"H and only using a 8" duct fan with two clip-on fans under my lights and a bigger one above them

to all the new growers out there got some advice for ya FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH i started seeing signs of some serious issues so i flushed my plants for the first time yes i said it first time, i checked the run off after my watering and the ppm was so high my meter couldnt read it properly said 100x10 flashing so i hit my babies with double the amount of water (Plain Tap Water ppm160) that i use to drain some of the old stuff out.. not adding no cal/mag or anything else to the water not worried about cal/mag issues i can fix that was more worried about the high ppm.
I should of been flushing the old stuff out after 2-3 feeding max but never did so it all built up due to not watering enough as well

NOTE TO SELF: FEED FEED WATER & MAKE SURE THERES AT LEAST 15-20% RUN OFF DURING THE WATERING

Personally...if I was to do a whole plant hang to dry again...I would do a major defoliate first...can be a SOB working around all those dried leaves to trim...My methodology now is bring them inside in their pots and werk in the kitchen...fan leaves on the floor and buds on a tray...then trim all the sugar leaves off bud's to another tray...then vacu sealed and frozen for stash or butter or tincture...the buds go into paper bags for roughly five daze...shake daily and let some fresh air in...as stated...different methods...butt...that's mine...cheerz...h00k...oh!...this season I may throw a bud wash in as well...

and about the harvest thinking of trying different ways to see which one is best for me for the future

1) Defoliate and hang the whole plant
2) Defoliate and cut branch by branch and hang upside down
3) put small little branches into custom cardboard box hanging from wire

thinking of buying one of those drying racks or what ever there called to try that but not 100%

:goodjob:
the next day i noticed improvement and buds swelling more.. good thing i fixed the issue only 2-3 weeks left till harvest would suck to mess them up now :cheer:

After you make your decision,please let me know which option did you choose:high-five:
and about the harvest thinking of trying different ways to see which one is best for me for the future

1) Defoliate and hang the whole plant
2) Defoliate and cut branch by branch and hang upside down
3) put small little branches into custom cardboard box hanging from wire

thinking of buying one of those drying racks or what ever there called to try that but not 100%

image26575.jpg

If I do branch dries I like these,it has 6 shelves that are fully breathable and they do a great job and only cost around 40 bucks

How are you getting the close look at the trichomes? What tool are you using? Do you use this tool to gauge how long you have left to flower?

its a 60x loupe magnifier that clips on to my phone got it for about 10 bucks online
and yes people like to use there trichomes as a guideline when to harvest
i want about 20-30% amber so i start flushing as soon as i see the first signs of amber trichomes
its the best way to check when your plants are fully mature, highest part of thc levels and ready for harvest
if you dont know much about them my advice would be to do some research on google or somewhere and check out some readings/threads on it, will benifit you alot in the end

I notice on your calendar that you have two harvest dates. Is this because you have plants that matured faster than others?

Two of my plants are ready to flip any day now, while the other two are much smaller and call for a longer veg so I'll probably have two separate harvest dates as well. I really stressed the latter two and I'm surprised they're even still alive. Jae, gotta say Bubba Kush has made a turn for the better. Really impressed by the Bubba Kush strain I received from Crop King. Can't believe they're still kicking. I would do Bubba again and most likely better the second time around. Of course lots of more work to do.

Back
Top Bottom