Darcy’s First Grow: Cali OG Kush x Haze

Do those black fabric pots require a run off tray underneath? I've never used fabric pots before but I understand that they are great for root development.
They need to be raised above a run off tray. It doesn't matter if you grow in soil, or soil less (like coco) they cannot be allowed to sit in water, or you can drown your plants.

They need to be raised above a run off tray. It doesn't matter if you grow in soil, or soil less (like coco) they cannot be allowed to sit in water, or you can drown your plants.
Ok, thanks.

Do those black fabric pots require a run off tray underneath? I've never used fabric pots before but I understand that they are great for root development.

To be honest I couldn’t tell if you they do or don’t. Right now with it being late spring-like weather I haven’t been watering them every day. I did notice on a couple of the hot hot days they dried out quite quickly and I had to water more frequently. Maybe with run off trays they would stay more damp? I like to move my plants around to the sun and indoors at night so the trays would be a nuisance anyways. I have heard they can root out the bottom so I guess the trays could prevent that! Either way I’ll let you know as I go lol

Also here’s a few pics of the girls, they have been absolutely loving the sunshine and fresh air!! I’m trying a couple different methods here, seeing what works best for me. So far so good! Early Miss is the last one in the singles
A8F9D186-873E-4AA0-9F0D-3752A79DA633.jpeg
9E66740B-9634-4C05-895E-205A8A63FA64.jpeg
0F38DA8F-C644-44BF-BE26-1E46F05C2990.jpeg
57DC0406-8700-4993-BB94-EAEC28387E81.jpeg
D38C9AA5-D857-4C48-815B-B66EAF0FCC05.jpeg

To be honest I couldn’t tell if you they do or don’t. Right now with it being late spring-like weather I haven’t been watering them every day. I did notice on a couple of the hot hot days they dried out quite quickly and I had to water more frequently. Maybe with run off trays they would stay more damp? I like to move my plants around to the sun and indoors at night so the trays would be a nuisance anyways. I have heard they can root out the bottom so I guess the trays could prevent that! Either way I’ll let you know as I go lol
Ok, thanks, I did hear that because of the fabric they dry out quicker than plastic pots due to air flow, better for root development though, they are looking great!

Happy growing!

They are looking healthy and happy @Darcehard :bravo::yummy:

Here’s plant number one. Cali OG Kush x Haze
This one I’ve just left alone to do it’s thing. It’s growing wonderfully. We are at about eight weeks I believe. They had a slow start but man did they ever take off in the last couple weeks.
It’s been getting a feeding every other water with Reefertilizer and seems to like it.
The plants are fully outdoors now. I brought them into the shed during the last hard rain but other than that they have been outside
A1B0BDF6-D3F9-4C73-8AAC-5AB8EAA8F5F2.jpeg

And now plant two. This one I topped and have tied down the branches to make an x shape. I keep moving the wires farther out and getting them to grow wider. The branches in the middle are starting to grow up now. Exciting!
4E3039D2-20F6-4BA1-8719-DE097639C0B9.jpeg

And last but not least, plant three. This one and I had a funny relationship to start. I attempted to fim it and nothing happened. It stunted for a bit and then just continued growing lol. I have been training it down with wire and spreading the branches out. It’s picked back up and is loving the sunshine so I think we are back on track now.

22CDAD89-FF13-4F54-8EFA-38D0869DAFF6.jpeg

Also here’s some pics of the one Early Miss autoflower. It’s about 3 weeks into flower now. It had a slow start indoors. I’ve never grown cannabis photo or autoflower so hey it was a learning experience. I need to be on these ones right from the start if I want bigger plants. That being said I’m pretty happy with this one. It’s looking beautiful. I switched to the Reefertilizer bloom once I noticed the white hairs popping out. Seems to be happy. Hope everyone is enjoying the grow, I know I am! Cheers
D60C1C16-00B2-4159-B1E3-814B2D458CFF.jpeg
2F2E11E9-5F1D-4ABB-9ADC-9C6AF34CD37E.jpeg
FFB17F75-6987-4BB5-BF42-B5DFC518BD2B.jpeg

Looking good, haze strains are one of my favorites along with skunks and OGs. Cross a haze strain with a skunk and you will get an extremely heavy smell to the bud, with OG aswell and vice versa. If the plant is grown properly and fed lots of Terpinator, the smell of just one bud will have your whole block smell, and then some.

Plants are looking strong and healthy @Darcehard :ganjamon::bravo:
Should I be removing leaves at any point in the flower stage?
I do loads of defoliation when growing indoors, but outdoors not so much. The sun penetrates much deeper than indoor lighting. If there's a leaf directly blocking a bud site it is definitely beneficial to remove it! :surf:

I do loads of defoliation when growing indoors, but outdoors not so much. The sun penetrates much deeper than indoor lighting. If there's a leaf directly blocking a bud site it is definitely beneficial to remove it! :surf:
Come check out my journal.

Okay sounds good!! There definitely is a couple spots that could use some sunlight! I think I’ll remove a couple off the Early Miss. she’s well into bud and has I’m guessing 3-4 weeks left. Thanks!

They're loving that sun, I wouldn't trim them just let them grow for now.
Also sounds good! I am going to leave the Cali plants alone for now. They still have some growing time before flowering so I’ll just stick to the LST

Hey everyone, quick question. What’s going on here lol. This started a couple days ago. I transplanted to larger pots the same day I noticed it. I had intended to do it earlier but the pots got delayed in shipping so I was put back 8 days ugh. It’s kinda spotty and only on the top. Anything helps! Thanks!
B382B78B-87D2-4886-B6A8-8A1529C3DED8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom