CFIT - Potted Outdoor Grow - Bag Seeds - Two Varieties

Just finished my email to Grow Weed Easy suggesting he SPECIFY more details in his homemade pepper spray instructions. The whole thing has been a disaster and I don't mean just ruining misters. I spent the morning rinsing soapy pepper off of my extremely unhappy girls. Turned the pots on their sides, covered the dirt with plastic, rinsed with the hose - then filled a pan with pH'd water and literally dipped each plant while holding the dirt in the pot. Of course after the fact I go find other people complaining about their plants wilting after a similar application and the only suggestions were rinse them off best you can.

His recipe is flawed from the start - which crossed my mind at the onset but I foolishly dismissed it. Nine parts water to one part dish soap to one tablespoon cayenne pepper - since a "part" can be anything I mixed my solution in a 24 ounce spray bottle. The author was probably intending that tablespoon of pepper to go into a gallon or more of liquid not that I would know that because I'm not clairvoyant. Stupid stupid stupid (me, and maybe a little bit him too). I probably won't be trusting that website again.

Also I'm reading about people making a satisfactory solution with just 3 or 4 drops of dish soap in a gallon of water. It's the thin film of soap that messes the bugs up. Won't be trying it anytime soon though, might not have any plants to try it on.

That sounds awful, good thing you rinsed them off...

I've tried that soap based spray and that ended up same as you, rinsing the girls off. They will take a day or two to be happy again. Too much soap can suffocate a plant. Almost everything in their life happens through those leaves.

Now I just use a spray from the store, and dilute that to what seems safe to me. It's suppose to be organic but I don't trust labels :laughtwo:

I also made one myself, think I told you about the chili pepper tea. Just boil some water, take any hot peppers you can find, chop them up and put them in there. After you take the water off the heat let it brew, also then put some pepper spice. After this cools off you need to strain it, use a cloth or a strainer, then mix 1/4 of the tea in a liter of water.
:Namaste:

I would wait a while before spraying anything else on the girls.
:circle-of-love:

The leaves are still green they're just extremely wilted. Also the pots were very light and the soil was bone dry, they were leaving zero moisture behind on the dinner plates so I had to water. Might be a double insult, we'll just have to see :loopy:

About 35 years ago I made the mistake of spraying "Chewstop" on some shrubs around our house (not cannabis). I was trying to stop the deer from eating them. Chewstop is a spray made from cinnamon and clove oils (iirc) and is used to stop horses from chewing on their stables. Killed all our bushes by burning the heck out of them.

About 35 years ago I made the mistake of spraying "Chewstop" on some shrubs around our house (not cannabis). I was trying to stop the deer from eating them. Chewstop is a spray made from cinnamon and clove oils (iirc) and is used to stop horses from chewing on their stables. Killed all our bushes by burning the heck out of them.

Ouch...

Bet deer would love chewing some cannabis leafs :rofl:

Ouch...

Bet deer would love chewing some cannabis leafs :rofl:

WAY too much. This is why I have an 8' fence around my garden.
Deer eat everything - even stuff they don't like. Chomp > spit it out > repeat.

Leaf tips becoming dry and crispy

sick27.jpg

sick16.jpg

If you were able to rinse most of the spray off, I think they'll snap out of it. This next week will be ... interesting.

They're dead, I just dumped what's left.

So what have we learned here. Marijuana doesn't just grow by itself, it requires the proper skill and tools, tools being a little more important than skill. If you don't have both then save your time and effort, hook up with someone nice who'll put something in the mail or find a purveyor who requires less than $400 to complete a transaction.

Many thanks to daTenshi and Major PITA, your time and advice were appreciated.

Everyone take care.

Bummer, man. Don't let it get you down. You can do it.
If at first you don't succeed... blah blah blah.

They're dead, I just dumped what's left.

So what have we learned here. Marijuana doesn't just grow by itself, it requires the proper skill and tools, tools being a little more important than skill. If you don't have both then save your time and effort, hook up with someone nice who'll put something in the mail or find a purveyor who requires less than $400 to complete a transaction.

Many thanks to daTenshi and Major PITA, your time and advice were appreciated.

Everyone take care.

Don't worry, you can do it ! You've learned a whole lot of things. As long as you can still invest this much next time as well it will turn out great.

Now you can plan ahead and start over.

One of them wasn't quite dead so for the hell of it I put it in the 3 gallon cloth pot without changing soil. After standing dormant for a week it started growing again. As it developed new leaves I cut more of the damage off but you can still see burnt sections toward the bottom. This plant isn't going to do me any good, it was tall and skinny from the start which makes me suspect it's a male. And if it didn't start out a male it surely has been stressed into something useless.

I guess once the nutrients in the soil are used up they're really used up. Soil is just shy of a month old, suddenly this morning the top of the plant was yellow after being a healthy green for several days. Mixed up some double strength Miracle Grow All Purpose and gave it a thorough drenching, five hours later it seems more green but who knows, it's hard to be concerned.

You can see lots of missing nodes up the stem - this plant is now almost two months old

may10_1.jpg

I can make it look bigger and more impressive by holding the camera closer in macro mode

may10_2.jpg

Still some yellow blotchyness in the new leaves, photos make it look better than it really is

may10_3.jpg

Obviously I didn't appreciate Grow Weed Difficult and their crummy advice so after expressing my unhappiness to them multiple times we'll all be pleased to know their crappy recipe for soapy pepper spray has been removed from their spider mite webpage. But be advised, the recipe still exists on other websites.

This plant looks very nice. It's normal for plants outdoors to have a slower growth rate, at a point it will explode with growth.
Happy to see you are not giving up. :circle-of-love:
Indeed the pics are showing a healthy plant. Can't really be sure male or female by the looks that good, just wait for preflowers and you will see what it is. You can stress plants how much you can without killing them and they wont hermie. That happens from stress in flower

This morning the whole top of the plant was BRIGHT YELLOW, yesterday I forgot to pH the water and it does not like our 8.0 at all. Had to flush out bad water with good water and now it's over-watered but more green.

It has a wonderful skunky smell just like the plants I killed:welldone:

This morning it was very sick from being over-watered or nute burned or 8.0 pH water or all three. It's now in completely new soil and is in a little bit in shock.

The other day it occurred to me everything around here is that lime-green color - grass, trees, shrubs, weeds - must be something in the water. Or maybe we're living on a nuclear waste dump. Oh well, please pass the gravy.

may_12_11.jpg

Doing better, not as full or robust at the others but from what I've read that happens within strains. Also I mixed up some neem but it beads up and rolls off the leaves. I got some dye-free fragrance-free organic dishwashing liquid and might try adding a drop or two to a gallon of neem mixture to help it stick.

may18_2.jpg

may18_1.jpg

When you add the soap, test it first on one leaf, if it's all good next day then it's safe to spray everywhere.

Looking good. Just keep this little one alive until you can order some awesome strains :love: My personal favs are autoflowers, that flower no matter the lighting schedule, they're awesome, and you can have flowering girls in mid summer.

If you are looking for good outdoor strains, look for Sweet Seeds seed bank they grow great here in my part of EU.

Also check the Sponsors : 42 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking list for legit trusted sites where you can buy from.

When you add the soap, test it first on one leaf, if it's all good next day then it's safe to spray everywhere.

Looking good. Just keep this little one alive until you can order some awesome strains :love: My personal favs are autoflowers, that flower no matter the lighting schedule, they're awesome, and you can have flowering girls in mid summer.

If you are looking for good outdoor strains, look for Sweet Seeds seed bank they grow great here in my part of EU.

Also check the Sponsors : 42 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking list for legit trusted sites where you can buy from.

Excellent suggestion :thumb:

We might be moving soon and I'm not sure of the outdoor growing feasibility where ever it is we're going. I've been looking at those self-contained grow boxes. They sure look cool, wonder if they really work?
My situation got better, I'm a little less irritable. We don't want me irritable :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom