Borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow.snottygirl

borntorun

This is my first journal so cut me a little slack. I had to re-register with a new name as my old name could potentially be linked back to me.

The plants are a F1 hybrid developed by me from a female Sativa from Africa and a male fat Indica from Humboldt County. Last year it was grown indoors (with some incredible results) and some feminized seeds produced for this years outdoor try. It's called snotty girl because it literately is dripping with THC and it's a bitch to clone.

The seeds were germinated March 15th and 25th using a solution of distilled water and kelp meal and then straight into to cow pots with just normal potting soil and then put under 5000K CFL's for a month. They have been outside now for about 20 days and are doing great. Keeping it as organic as possible but had to put out slug bait and deer repellent and have had to spray with a pepper wax to ward of some bugs.

The location of the grow is very interesting...more on that later!

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I figure out how. the March 15th plants are already knee high and growing at least an inch a day.

So the main issues I'm dealing with are deer, beaver, rabbits, slugs and bugs. The grow being found is minimal but you never know. The other big issue is this strain might not like the great outdoors where it is cooler and damper then where it's parents evolved. So it could be a total waste of time, except for the fun factor.

location, location, location

This seems to be the perfect spot for an outdoor grow. No real trails in except for one hidden one, out in the middle of nowhere, lots of water, lots of sun exposure

okay...let's try some pictures

This first one is the entrance to the woods
DSC008141.JPG

this is a coyote den, hopefully they will keep the deer away

DSC008151.JPG

This is the entrance to the garden, and the long gone deer who guards it

DSC00816.JPG

Through the trees and back out into the sun

DSC008172.JPG

I'll try and get some more pictures up of the plants soon

Re: borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow..snottygirl

nice ! i love outdoor (and i'm outdooring myself) its looking super cool and helty
keep it up :) + rep

Thanks for visiting weedryder! Just checked out your plants they look great!

That picture is one of fifteen in this spot. I finally got some clones to survive..had to go to the nuclear option. Getting a little late but hopefully will get them out in the woods in a couple weeks.

Thanks guys!

They are lush! The Sativa is showing a little more then the mother plant exhibited but that might be the nutes and lack of sun. We really haven't had much sun since they went outside. I don't think we have had any days over 70 yet.

These plants were started in those "cowpots"..... 4" square pots made of cow manure. I've never used them before so thought I would give them a try. I really like them. 15 of them will fit nicely in one of those plastic trays the garden store throws away. When the plant starts getting root bound you just soak them in water and put them in the ground. No fuss no muss and no evidence laying around the house! The only negative is while they are still under the lights you have to water more frequently because they tend to dry out faster then a plastic pot would.

snotty girl lives up to her name but is finally tamed

Finally after several attempts have gotten some clones to take off! New growth just started to appear a couple days ago, almost 2 1/2 weeks after cutting. I used a new technique (at least for me). The cutting was place in some distilled water with kelp meal (about a tbs in a quarter cup) and a drop of super thrive, then some rootone powder was mixed with honey to form a paste. That was applied to the cut and then some cotton from a cotton ball was spun around it, then back into the kelp/water mix. Then stuck into some potting soil in the cowpots and put under the lights. So these 15 will head outdoors in a week or so.

DSC008241.JPG

:goodjob:looks nice seems alot of work for clones but if it works A1 ,have you tried gel based hormonne i think it works better than any other "clonex" thats the one i used on my mates plants great results 100% :rollit:

:goodjob:looks nice seems alot of work for clones but if it works A1 ,have you tried gel based hormonne i think it works better than any other "clonex" thats the one i used on my mates plants great results 100% :rollit:

Yeah it was a lot of work and if this didn't work I was going to have to go to air layering which always works. The first try I did my normal tried and true snip, dip and stick em dirt routine...nada. Second try I used gel and rockwool...nope, third time I tried the old just put them in water...same results. I guess it's true about F-1 hybrids...you get some great traits but always give up something in exchange. In this case the ability to clone easily. There may be other negatives down the road. You just never know you can only hope and pray that the positives will blow you away! And so far indoors it has!

"You may see me tonight with an illegal smile.....

Just a quick update, not much new happening. Plants are growing...well like weeds! Tallest one now is about 30". We need some sun, or at least I do, the plants seem to like this dreary, rainy cold weather. At this rate they will be well over 4 feet by June 1, baring no disasters. All of these plants were pinched back between the 3rd and 4th node when they were little so they all have either 2 or 4 tops.

ah the life of a farmer.....

I worry about deer, birds, beaver and bugs but it is slugs that cause the most worry and damage. Lost another top of one plant today.

Here is the tallest plant. Seems to be growing a couple inches a day. The stalk is really getting fat. The nodes seemed a spaced a little big but that might be the sativa or who knows what. At this rate they will be trees, we haven't even gotten any warm weather yet!

DSC008262.JPG

proheto8008, go outdoor you will enjoy it ! there's nothing like the sun and fresh air for free :)

Indoor cannabis will never equal outdoor. Indoor has it's advantages for sure. Safety, control, etc.. but you will never equal the quality and quantity of outdoor. And a light bulb will never equal the sun. The problem is most don't have the patience for outdoors. 6 months of dealing with all sorts of unknowns. Soil, water, sun, rain, bugs all will play a role in the outcome. But it's like a fine wine, the best wine comes from grapes grown in the perfect environment with some added stress. The difference between a box wine and a Clos Du Val 2000 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. There is no doubt, indoor is good, sometimes even great, but it will always be lacking something. Snotty girl was a great indoor plant, the hope is it will be a great outdoor plant and that this will be the perfect year.

Some of the things that will be done will be unorthodox for sure so stay tuned. In a couple of weeks the stinging nettle treatment happens and in the end, if there is an end...girdling.

:popcorn:i was reading some where but i'm not sure where that if you put some thing that your dog slept on around your plants that other animals would steer clear of that area or maybe dried blood ,but when it rains its gone. if thats any use to you i dont know. :peace::ganjamon: and the best of luck for the weather to get better for your bumper crop:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom