ANPF's 6 Strain Autoflower Outdoor Grow - Strawberry Banana, Godzilla Cookies, Purple Juice, Gorilla Glue, Gelato, Zkittlez

Welly welly well!
Guess what happened yesterday?

IMG_4904.jpeg

The first girls needed harvest. The first 3 of the 12. These were both the Starwberry Banana Autoflower and a Gorilla Glue auto. All 3 of these girls took heat stress pretty bad. I thought at first I was going to leave the taller of the Strawberry Bananas, but she showed herself to be done as well. So without further ado...

This is Gorilla Glue , number A.5 ;D
She was the fastest and strongest looking grower out of 3 gorillas, until second heat wave where we hit 90+ for about a week. She kept going but lost a lot of her vigor.
She was ready.
IMG_4875.jpeg

Her top bud had really started to go all foxy with tails galore.
IMG_4876.jpeg

B buds were going for foxtails too
IMG_4878.jpeg

She had the cutest little button of larf, I had no idea it had grown down there. We left it to finish out the season too lol.
IMG_4874.jpeg

Just after first trim but pre wash. ( the big leafy parts are coming off I just wanted to wash the sugar leaves). Im not going to wager a guess on weight other than 1000. All I know is that A.5 lol, was/is the smallest yielder of the first half of the stagger crop. If this is the smallest amount I get from an individual girl... I think Ill make my 4 oz!
IMG_4895.jpeg

Thank you for leading the way and standing strong in the face of such adversity my dear girl!
IMG_4881.jpeg

Thanks for the freebie @Herbies Seeds !

Starwberry Banana chop in next post!
Excellent work my friend. :yahoo:
Congratulations on a great harvest. :thumb:
Hope your having a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Excellent work my friend. :yahoo:
Congratulations on a great harvest. :thumb:
Hope your having a great day.

Stay safe
Thanks so much! Wouldve probably been to afraid to cut without the outstanding help of yourself and the friends here.
Seriously I think I was getting close to bud rot riskiness with these girls.

Thank you for all of your help Bill. Not just for me but for everyone here. You're not just a champion for the cause, you are a wonderful, helping, empathetic, caring human being that happily shares hard won knowledge with absolutely zero ego attached. Im so grateful, truly.:hug::thanks::circle-of-love::cheer::thumb::high-five::bravo:

for my old man eyes and trembling hands
Old man??? Bwaaahaaa - I got news for ya!!!!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Hey Psycho - I just found your journal - I have a lot of catching up to do - keep us updated on the rest of the harvest and the smoke report!!!
So do you recommend the GG - I must say I was disappointed in my Super Lemon Haze - but that might be more me than them!!
Nice job on the harvest - we seem to be running on the same time frame!!

Old man??? Bwaaahaaa - I got news for ya!!!!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Hey Psycho - I just found your journal - I have a lot of catching up to do - keep us updated on the rest of the harvest and the smoke report!!!
So do you recommend the GG - I must say I was disappointed in my Super Lemon Haze - but that might be more me than them!!
Nice job on the harvest - we seem to be running on the same time frame!!
Lol, I rode myself kinda rough. You know how it goes Im sure ;)

I definitely will will keeping updates on the rest of them as they come in over the next month or so!

To be faaaair this was an unknown bank GG auto as it was a freebie. The 3 GG seeds I got all germinated strongly, they are also 3 different phenos. One was short and squat and looked more indica-ish comparatively(the one GG I just harvested), the other two look far more traditional sativa shape. One has red/purple stems the other is green and far more proned to foxtailing. With autos though it seems its always about timing. Anyway... the more sativa looking 2 are producing and stacking like crazy with one of them getting near a typical big GG auto of about 41 inches maybe more.. she keeps sneaking in extra stretches just when I think shes done.

Any way... for freebies? Yes! Definitely! lol... buying them Id just want more specifics on this particular lineage and what to expect.

The Godzilla Cookies though???? I plan on growing them again as soon as I can. Strong, stable, mean green, pancake-shortbread stink in dense little golfballs without me doing much to help at all. Worth it. One of the GCs is close to ready I think. Im going to trich check later today.

My 2nd stage of the stagger were popped July 5-7
potted July 9
1st stage were popped June 7-9
potted June 16-18

I didnt like the levels they had for Lemon Haze Auto as I wasnt looking for a CBD plant. But I did get a Purple Juice that is performing remarkably well despite adverse conditions too. Same sort of just a tough gene feel the GCs have.

Thank you for dropping in and saying the hellos and stuff! Looking forward to seeing you around here and elsewhere bunches!

7-gallon pots is overkill
Hey AutoNaut, I just stopped by and got semi-caught up. Congratulations on the harvest!
LST for Zkittlez
No need to undo the LST. You have to keep it going as the plant stretches, depending on your desired outcome. I don't know if that was ever answered because I skimmed pages a bit. There are a couple of links in my signature to some training tutorials worth looking into. The point of the training is to distribute the growth hormones, to trick the plant into thinking it doesn't only have one apical cola. Did you get that covered? Sorry to jump in to the discussion when your grow is so far advanced.

I love that you went with an outdoor grow. I am sure the plants have a happier life that way :)

Thanks so much! Wouldve probably been to afraid to cut without the outstanding help of yourself and the friends here.
Seriously I think I was getting close to bud rot riskiness with these girls.

Thank you for all of your help Bill. Not just for me but for everyone here. You're not just a champion for the cause, you are a wonderful, helping, empathetic, caring human being that happily shares hard won knowledge with absolutely zero ego attached. Im so grateful, truly.:hug::thanks::circle-of-love::cheer::thumb::high-five::bravo:
Thank you so much for the kind words.
I really appreciate it.:love:
I've always said I'm just a friendly rookie.
Trying to help where I can.:thumb:
Hope you have a great day. :ciao:

Stay safe

Hey AutoNaut, I just stopped by and got semi-caught up. Congratulations on the harvest!
Hi Carmen! Thanks for dropping in and the kindly congrats! Just starting the harvest will probably be harvesting one by one over the next month (if things go ok lol).
No need to undo the LST. You have to keep it going as the plant stretches, depending on your desired outcome. I don't know if that was ever answered because I skimmed pages a bit. There are a couple of links in my signature to some training tutorials worth looking into. The point of the training is to distribute the growth hormones, to trick the plant into thinking it doesn't only have one apical cola. Did you get that covered? Sorry to jump in to the discussion when your grow is so far advanced.
It kind of undid itself. I had no plan to do LST this time. Both the zkittlez leaned over so good for so long I decided to just try a little and get a feel. It worked but I didnt quite break the apical trait on them. I had no holes to loop and fasten to so I just let it do its thing. last tie down was about 6 inches ago and they both broke out of their other ones. Its obvious hwo many more buds it yields though. Ill definitely be LSTing from next grow onwards. Probably going to even HST a few now that Ive got some confidence with being here and all :)
I love that you went with an outdoor grow. I am sure the plants have a happier life that way :)
Its so zen. Ill grow stuff outside every year just for fun and peace. I get so high just hanging out with the girls in the garden and having chats, playing music etc. Will probably run wacky pretty girls without much thought to yields and potency. Just want to have happy plants with cute weird buds outdoors.

Truly impressed with your pro level grow and posts! I aspire to your skill levels!! :green_heart::Namaste::love::cheer:

Thank you so much for the kind words.
Thank you for yours. :)
I really appreciate it.:love:
I (and everyone else) really appreciate all you do!
I've always said I'm just a friendly rookie.
LOL... I think your rookie status is long gone my friend!
Trying to help where I can.:thumb:
The world needs helpers and you're innately gifted at it. :high-five:
Hope you have a great day. :ciao:
Hope you do too Bill, take care and be kind to yourself and your missing tooth area.:love:
Stay safe
Always :D

Wheeeew! Been kind of wild lately!

They're all in a bit of a state the last week or so.
A lot of yellow and drooping occured really fast on 3 of the older girls after getting to finally feed nutes (had to dry out after the rain, which was after a drought, which was after a bunch of rain... etc etc :p ).

Soooooo yeah, I screwed up.
Kinda sorta bad.
They not only accidentally got a full nute feed (theyd been receiving less than half a gallon of nutes that were already at 1/2 strength), the ones who droooped super hard also recieved a lot.. I mean like 3-4 times as much as I usually give water feeding wise.

This is why I need to be high when I do stuff that requires formulas and remembering stuff and things.. especially if theres a bunch of damn numbers and fractions!
I get high. I check numbers. Get ready to do thing. Recheck numbers. Get re-ready to do thing, Recheck numbers etc ad infinitum until I am confident and remember that the numbers are right at least 3 times in a row. I am not even kidding.

Anyway... back to this floristically charged masochism Ive been doing this entire summer.

All the biggest girls have yellowed and lost much of their leaves.

Truth is they just look like they're end of cycle and autumn is already oozing into a few trees and air patches and they feel like they're just doing what's natural.

It's all a lie, a growers mistaken delusions of hope. They look so pathetic and dejected and they look at me with what I swear feels like budding accusations of a neglectful parent. An unhigh parent who knew better but decided to act normal and "responsible". Never again!

The younger girls didnt get quite as much of the nute/waters so theyre all perfect and happy and think Im pretty cool... except for almost killing their older siblings.

Lessons I learned.
The autos dont like being overwatered.
The autos can take a far more serious dose of nutes than Ive been giving.
The autos are extra serious about NOT being overwatered.
The autos will really extra hate it if you overfeed and overwater at the same time.
The autos will really extra love it if you feed them closer to the full schedule suggestions and continue to not overwater them.
The autos absolutely freaking despise being overwatered.
*see notes below pics

IMG_5005.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG
IMG_5007.JPG

***Note***
The autos do not like being overwatered. 🤨

Anyway some better news.
the Purple Juice, trucking right along to a mostly one big cola structure :)
Shes happily stacking, Im worried about her spotty looking leaves but that damage was mostly done pre feed. Since then shes been looking super happy, just smoll.

IMG_5011.JPG

Easter is all too happy to make even a small bud. Shes off to the races go Easter, you leggy forgotten wonder you!
IMG_5008.JPG

Some foxtails in the rain. Theres no typical bud in this. Its all just foxtails inside of foxtails. Ill get a better pic of it at some point but yeah, she never really did a full cola that went into foxtail. just kinda went straight to it during the first heatwave.
IMG_5016.JPG

Did a weigh in of the first three plants worth of dried bud as they went into cure jars.
1.5 oz :(
Looks like HappyHazmat was right they were fluffy.

Godzilla cookies were much denser, looking forward to weighing that little plants yield when it dries in a few more days.

Ok so thats the news for the day. Been raining for a couple days supposed to dry out for 4 or 5 days starting tomorrow. Hopefully the girls do not start molding going to rot or anything.

IMG_4989.JPG

Wheeeew! Been kind of wild lately!

They're all in a bit of a state the last week or so.
A lot of yellow and drooping occured really fast on 3 of the older girls after getting to finally feed nutes (had to dry out after the rain, which was after a drought, which was after a bunch of rain... etc etc :p ).

Soooooo yeah, I screwed up.
Kinda sorta bad.
They not only accidentally got a full nute feed (theyd been receiving less than half a gallon of nutes that were already at 1/2 strength), the ones who droooped super hard also recieved a lot.. I mean like 3-4 times as much as I usually give water feeding wise.

This is why I need to be high when I do stuff that requires formulas and remembering stuff and things.. especially if theres a bunch of damn numbers and fractions!
I get high. I check numbers. Get ready to do thing. Recheck numbers. Get re-ready to do thing, Recheck numbers etc ad infinitum until I am confident and remember that the numbers are right at least 3 times in a row. I am not even kidding.

Anyway... back to this floristically charged masochism Ive been doing this entire summer.

All the biggest girls have yellowed and lost much of their leaves.

Truth is they just look like they're end of cycle and autumn is already oozing into a few trees and air patches and they feel like they're just doing what's natural.

It's all a lie, a growers mistaken delusions of hope. They look so pathetic and dejected and they look at me with what I swear feels like budding accusations of a neglectful parent. An unhigh parent who knew better but decided to act normal and "responsible". Never again!

The younger girls didnt get quite as much of the nute/waters so theyre all perfect and happy and think Im pretty cool... except for almost killing their older siblings.

Lessons I learned.
The autos dont like being overwatered.
The autos can take a far more serious dose of nutes than Ive been giving.
The autos are extra serious about NOT being overwatered.
The autos will really extra hate it if you overfeed and overwater at the same time.
The autos will really extra love it if you feed them closer to the full schedule suggestions and continue to not overwater them.
The autos absolutely freaking despise being overwatered.
*see notes below pics

IMG_5005.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG
IMG_5007.JPG

***Note***
The autos do not like being overwatered. 🤨

Anyway some better news.
the Purple Juice, trucking right along to a mostly one big cola structure :)
Shes happily stacking, Im worried about her spotty looking leaves but that damage was mostly done pre feed. Since then shes been looking super happy, just smoll.

IMG_5011.JPG

Easter is all too happy to make even a small bud. Shes off to the races go Easter, you leggy forgotten wonder you!
IMG_5008.JPG

Some foxtails in the rain. Theres no typical bud in this. Its all just foxtails inside of foxtails. Ill get a better pic of it at some point but yeah, she never really did a full cola that went into foxtail. just kinda went straight to it during the first heatwave.
IMG_5016.JPG

Did a weigh in of the first three plants worth of dried bud as they went into cure jars.
1.5 oz :(
Looks like HappyHazmat was right they were fluffy.

Godzilla cookies were much denser, looking forward to weighing that little plants yield when it dries in a few more days.

Ok so thats the news for the day. Been raining for a couple days supposed to dry out for 4 or 5 days starting tomorrow. Hopefully the girls do not start molding going to rot or anything.

IMG_4989.JPG
I'm running an auto now I feed full strength nutrients and then some.
Every Day.:morenutes:
I never cut nutrients, and a single overfeeding or overwatering shouldn't be detrimental.
They don't look bad at all.
Fruit Punch Auto

PSX_20220905_172707.jpg

PSX_20220905_133927.jpg

Stay safe

I'm running an auto now I feed full strength nutrients and then some.
Every Day.:morenutes:
I never cut nutrients, and a single overfeeding or overwatering shouldn't be detrimental.
They don't look bad at all.
Fruit Punch Auto

PSX_20220905_172707.jpg

PSX_20220905_133927.jpg

Stay safe

Ohhh I know you are Mr Bill!
The one that drooped the most hard for several day was the godzilla cookies, and it freaked me out a little because she has just been a tank. Nothing bothered her, until that water/feeding. Looking at things now Im guessing some of it was definitely a natural fade.

I really feel like autos are weird as hell with water. They barely drink and then cant seem to get enough and then stop and then sip a little and then are starving yadda yadda. I think Emilya kind of nailed it with "its all about timing with autos". Water, food, topping, lst, uppotting etc. all seems you have to get the timing right or you stunt them and even a little stunting in autos goes a long way towards screwing with the harvest... from what Ive read. Which is not quite useless but oh well, guess Im just gonna have to grow a whole bunch more to figure it out for myself :yahoo:

Thanks for reassurance, I so needed it!

FWIW Im going full nutes next ride. Im learning :thanks::thumb:

Hey autonaut so 1.5 oz of your own grow is great....so wut it's not more... I said a QP on my last grow and only got slightly over 2oz...but it smokez 🔥 so no complaints....I'm sure urz will to ;)

And yea autos are really finicky with water....not so much nutrients...but for sure water lol this is why I have my sign and a dry reference pot to prevent myself from over watering..... sometimes my autos can go 3-4 days before even starting to show signs of thirst....just something to keep in mind 😬

Hey autonaut so 1.5 oz of your own grow is great....so wut it's not more... I said a QP on my last grow and only got slightly over 2oz...but it smokez 🔥 so no complaints....I'm sure urz will to ;)

And yea autos are really finicky with water....not so much nutrients...but for sure water lol this is why I have my sign and a dry reference pot to prevent myself from over watering..... sometimes my autos can go 3-4 days before even starting to show signs of thirst....just something to keep in mind 😬
Aww thanks growmie!
Im only a little bummed and I could still wind up past 4 oz. Still 8 (or 9 counting Easter hehehe) girls to go, but the second half just didnt veg as well as the first half. I figure itll be close to 4.
12 plants outdoors, being as purposfully cheap as possible and inviting Momma Nature to do her thing. Yeah this went ok considering my mistakes and the usual hosty of outdoor issues.

Im still getting 1000 dammit! lol ;)

Yeah Emilyas went like a week+ with no water as a seedling I think? Also everytime it rained hard here mine didnt droop or ask for water for 5+ days. Though I wonder if they werent draining well enough ... hmm. Variables.

Thanks for the lift up brother! Hows your day??? :thanks: :cheer: :green_heart:

me--->:passitleft:<---you

Kinda did the quick read on the journal.
Thank you kindly :)
Always love to follow successful outdoor grows.
Look forward to seeing more.
Is it successful ? Im not sure lol... too close to them and can't see the bud for all the flowers sometimes. Or something like that. :D
As far as autos go they are just mystical.
They insist on being very individualistic and I cant help but love that about the autoflower world.

I would say that this is a very successful grow :circle-of-love: all your hard work and patience love and care have definitely shown through which is a win in my books :cheer: and considering that you haven't grown for 20+ years and the weather hasn't been kind, you still walk away with some primo looking buds :cheesygrinsmiley: and there is more to come :cheesygrinsmiley: what more can a man ask for hmmm 1000 :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom