Derek910 2020 Strawberry Lemonade, Gorilla Zkittlez, Blue Dream Organic Soil With Vulx Grow

derek910

Strain: Strawberry Lemonade, Gorilla Zkittlez, Blue Dream
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 23 Days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FoxFarm Ocean Forrest/Happy Frog soil, added perlite, and Vulx soil amendments
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup > 3 gallon fabric pot
Size of light? Right now they are under 2 Vipar Spectre 600w LED and will be moved to 2 425W Timber Grow Light LEDs
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 77F
RH of Room/cab? 60%
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? About every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? FoxFarm 6-4-5 Organic dry, 4-9-3 Fruit and Flower Organic dry, 1-12-0 Caven Culture Organic dry, and URB

Normally I would have started this journal from seed, but I've been super busy and missed taking pictures of the first few weeks of their lives. My original plan was to grow Strawberry Lemonade (SL), Gorilla Zkittlez (GZ), Blue Dream (BD), and Green Crack (GC). I had just received the SL and GZ seeds, but the BD and GC are about 3 years old and I only had one of each left. So I grew them out, cut a couple clones from each plant and after a week of sticking the clones in a solo cup of soil I planted the SL and GZ seeds to sprout and pick up once the 2 clones rooted and started vegging. I had my suspicions about the GC because it looked weird from the start, but it kept growing and the clones rooted and were growing. All three plants got worse as they grew. Doing some research everything sounded like Tobbaco Mosaic Virus(TMV) So I just decided to get rid of them. So that is why I am down to just the 3 strains on this run. Normally I would have started them out in solo cups and up potted to 1 gallon pots and then 3 gallons, but due to time constraints I just put them in the 3 gallon pots so I didn't have to wait to flip to flower if I need to. This may be somewhat of a rushed run because I have a trip coming up in early Aug. I would need to flip them sometime in mid April to give them enough time to finish. Is there a way to cure cannabis without burping the jars? It's my understanding that the purpose of burping is to release the chlorophyll and replenish the oxygen for aerobic microbes to do their thing. I've seen people say they don't burp because they dry their weed properly and don't need to. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on that. Enjoy the grow and please feel free to offer any advice or ask any questions.

Veg Week 3 Day 23

Blue Dream clone: Upper Left
Strawberry Lemonade: Bottom Left
Gorilla Zkittlez: Bottom Right

All 3 of the above plants were recently put in the 3 gallon pots from solo cups. Because of this I am only watering a couple inches outside of the original root ball. As the plant grows I will water outward until I can water the whole pot. They showed no signs of stress from the transplant so I went ahead and topped them.

Blue Dream mother: Upper Right (This plant will be flowered in a separate tent and will not be included in this journal.)

IMG-1563.jpg

Word, looking good. Did you have to toss any Vulx'd soil out with those plants? Lemme know, I'll replace it for you.
No I didn’t have the Vulx when I planted those. Right now I only have it in the 3 plants for this run. I appreciate it though

I had to do some rearranging because I harvested a plant so she kicked these out the tent so she could hang out and dry. They will sit in this closet until that is done. 5 more days or so hopefully. All 3 plants are nice and healthy. The GZ seems to be the faster veger with SL in 2nd, and the BD not far behind. I will train these until I have 4 main base branches and let everything grow up from the center until I get a nice even canopy. I believe this is called quadlining. Going to let them go on their own for another week then I will start to tie the branches down with soft wire.

Veg Week 4 Day 32

Strawberry Lemonade - Upper left
Blue Dream clone - Upper Right
Gorilla Zkittlez - Bottom

776978B6-77F9-4A31-9460-F6ACB59E3D26.jpeg

I moved them into the flowering tent on Tues. I’ve been playing musical tents lately rotating plants around due to harvest. Since I have travel plans early Aug I went ahead and flipped them to 12/12. All 3 plants are nice and healthy. I have 4 plant stakes in the SL and GZ right now to train the 4 main branches up and outward. I just put the stakes in the same day I moved them to this tent so the center is getting a lot of light now. They should fill in nicely. I won’t be able to SCROG these because of the time but I’m confident I’ll still get a nice harvest. I have noticed that the plants definitely retain water better with the Vulx amendment. I may be able to get a comparison between the two BD plants because the mother doesn’t have Vulx in her soil and the clone does. We’ll see

Transition Week 1 Day 3, Grow Day 46

Strawberry Lemonade - Upper Right
Bottom Left - Blue Dream (mother)
Bottom Center - Blue Dream (clone)
Bottom Right - Gorilla Zkittlez

BD clone and GZ are both showing female pre flowers. The SL is further in the back and I didn’t look real hard. I’ll check again when the lights come on tomorrow. The Blue Dream is showing some dark purple genetics so I took a closer picture. I wasn’t expecting any purple from these strains. The last purple strain I grew the purple didn’t show up until about week 6. These showed up about 10 days after the flip. Tell me what y’all think

B08CD8DD-92C6-4AED-94BA-BBD79A087340.jpeg
996915E9-00FE-4934-8B9E-FD4263CA12FC.jpeg

Well I decided to go ahead and put a net over them. The SL was growing a good bit faster than the other two. So to keep everything level I put it on. They’ve still got some stretching to do so they should fill the net in a little bit.

Transition Week 1 Day 6, Grow Day 49

Left - Gorilla Zkittlez
Center - Blue Dream
Right - Strawberry Lemonade

744DC493-65D3-452C-ADB7-1C31793CDBAD.jpeg

I top dressed 1.5 Tbsp of the all purpose nutes, 1.5 Tbsp of the fruit and flower nutes and 1 Tbsp of the cavern culture the same day I flipped to 12/12. Then I water in with 1 Tbsp of URB. I had been giving my plants 2 Tbsp per gallon, but I finally realized this was too much nitrogen and may be the reason I was getting bananas in late flower. I decided to cut that in half. So far no signs of deficiencies. The plants look happy as can be. In a few days I will clean more of the leaves and branches under the net that I know won’t make it to the top. Although I’m thinking about leaving at least one little branch underneath in case I want to reveg after harvest. I don’t believe they are going to stretch much more, but if they do it will all be vertical. I’m not going to tuck anymore.

Transition Week 2 Day 10, Grow Day 53

45E8F30D-F04C-46BF-AF6E-41352F4B9539.jpeg
F5E359AC-0694-479A-B303-6EC72777EB9A.jpeg

Strain: Strawberry Lemonade, Gorilla Zkittlez, Blue Dream
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 23 Days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FoxFarm Ocean Forrest/Happy Frog soil, added perlite, and Vulx soil amendments
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup > 3 gallon fabric pot
Size of light? Right now they are under 2 Vipar Spectre 600w LED and will be moved to 2 425W Timber Grow Light LEDs
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 77F
RH of Room/cab? 60%
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? About every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? FoxFarm 6-4-5 Organic dry, 4-9-3 Fruit and Flower Organic dry, 1-12-0 Caven Culture Organic dry, and URB

Normally I would have started this journal from seed, but I've been super busy and missed taking pictures of the first few weeks of their lives. My original plan was to grow Strawberry Lemonade (SL), Gorilla Zkittlez (GZ), Blue Dream (BD), and Green Crack (GC). I had just received the SL and GZ seeds, but the BD and GC are about 3 years old and I only had one of each left. So I grew them out, cut a couple clones from each plant and after a week of sticking the clones in a solo cup of soil I planted the SL and GZ seeds to sprout and pick up once the 2 clones rooted and started vegging. I had my suspicions about the GC because it looked weird from the start, but it kept growing and the clones rooted and were growing. All three plants got worse as they grew. Doing some research everything sounded like Tobbaco Mosaic Virus(TMV) So I just decided to get rid of them. So that is why I am down to just the 3 strains on this run. Normally I would have started them out in solo cups and up potted to 1 gallon pots and then 3 gallons, but due to time constraints I just put them in the 3 gallon pots so I didn't have to wait to flip to flower if I need to. This may be somewhat of a rushed run because I have a trip coming up in early Aug. I would need to flip them sometime in mid April to give them enough time to finish. Is there a way to cure cannabis without burping the jars? It's my understanding that the purpose of burping is to release the chlorophyll and replenish the oxygen for aerobic microbes to do their thing. I've seen people say they don't burp because they dry their weed properly and don't need to. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on that. Enjoy the grow and please feel free to offer any advice or ask any questions.

Veg Week 3 Day 23

Blue Dream clone: Upper Left
Strawberry Lemonade: Bottom Left
Gorilla Zkittlez: Bottom Right

All 3 of the above plants were recently put in the 3 gallon pots from solo cups. Because of this I am only watering a couple inches outside of the original root ball. As the plant grows I will water outward until I can water the whole pot. They showed no signs of stress from the transplant so I went ahead and topped them.

Blue Dream mother: Upper Right (This plant will be flowered in a separate tent and will not be included in this journal.)

IMG-1563.jpg
Looks like we're both using nike box tech in our tents, so with that being said, I'm in lmfao. :goodluck:

I cleaned up underneath the net by removing branches that will not reach the canopy and also all of the leaves below the net. I do leave fan leaves around the bottom so they can tell me if I’m having any mobile nutrition issues first. I may remove an occasional leaf here and there if it’s covering a bud site, but other than that I won’t remove anything until Day 21. Then I will remove all of the fan leaves except the top few. I know the importance of fan leaves, but what I’ve realized is when I leave the fan leaves I get a fat cola at the very top but under developed and immature buds below that. By removing the fan leaves it allows light further down the branch. Then the leaves down the branch grow out and now can catch light through the whole grow. Whether this increases yield I don’t know, but from my experience it does equal a more mature cola further down the branch. Plus it allows for better airflow around the buds. So I do it. You can see that the blooms are forming. I give 2 weeks of transition time so I don’t rush to harvest. I’m having to raise the lights everyday to maintain 18” above the canopy. I’ve got plenty of room to go up but I’m pretty sure they’ll be done stretching in the next week or so.

Transition Week 2 Day 13, Grow Day 56

1D325E5C-C3C6-42B4-8C87-42733A2F0BDF.jpeg
AA257D9D-E56F-4EB1-827A-4637D884E6D3.jpeg
692AFD96-EC3A-4697-9F16-F3E8D71CCB95.jpeg

I cleaned up underneath the net by removing branches that will not reach the canopy and also all of the leaves below the net. I do leave fan leaves around the bottom so they can tell me if I’m having any mobile nutrition issues first. I may remove an occasional leaf here and there if it’s covering a bud site, but other than that I won’t remove anything until Day 21. Then I will remove all of the fan leaves except the top few. I know the importance of fan leaves, but what I’ve realized is when I leave the fan leaves I get a fat cola at the very top but under developed and immature buds below that. By removing the fan leaves it allows light further down the branch. Then the leaves down the branch grow out and now can catch light through the whole grow. Whether this increases yield I don’t know, but from my experience it does equal a more mature cola further down the branch. Plus it allows for better airflow around the buds. So I do it. You can see that the blooms are forming. I give 2 weeks of transition time so I don’t rush to harvest. I’m having to raise the lights everyday to maintain 18” above the canopy. I’ve got plenty of room to go up but I’m pretty sure they’ll be done stretching in the next week or so.

Transition Week 2 Day 13, Grow Day 56

1D325E5C-C3C6-42B4-8C87-42733A2F0BDF.jpeg
AA257D9D-E56F-4EB1-827A-4637D884E6D3.jpeg
692AFD96-EC3A-4697-9F16-F3E8D71CCB95.jpeg
Looking clean bro good shit :thumb:

We're officially in bloom and the harvest clock started yesterday. All strain are recommended for 60-67 days of flower, but we'll see. Plants are still stretching and I'm having to raise the lights everyday. The SL is definitely the winner in that race. Must be heavily sativa dominant because she has grown a lot since the flip. Plants are drinking up their pots about every 2 days and they are extremely happy. I'm digging this so far. I'm going to try and wait until day 21 to defoliate, but all the leaves sitting on top of each other makes me nervous. I have a lot of air movement in there so I should be ok.

Flower Week 1 Day 2, Grow Day 59

Hope ya'll like my super high tech water catching pans and the Sperry fan height increaser.
IMG-1721.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade is on the right and as you can see she's stretched the most. She also filled out more the net.
IMG-1722.jpg

The little oscillating fan moves air around underneath the canopy and I have a tower fan on both sides blowing through the canopy. Eventually I'm going to mount a fan above the lights to keep air moving through the heat sinks although they stay pretty cool. Don't mind the purple plant. That's the Blue Dream mother, she's sitting under a 600w Viparspecre light until the other tent opens up. I have a plant hanging in there drying right now.
IMG-1727.jpg

Here are pics of the blooms from each plant
Strawberry Lemonade(right)
SL Bloom.jpg

Blue Dream(center) The buds are starting to turn purple. Freaked me out a little bit on the mother because I wasn't expecting any purple.
BD Bloom.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez(left)
GZ Bloom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom