InTheShed Does A Vulx Comparison Grow

Well we all know it ain't you. Like I said, my friends experience is only inexact application and observation, and the grow is not at ALL comparative which was a big mistake but eh, he's pretty dim.

Promix must be nearly lighter than air! Ha. Hopefully we get some good applicants on the case study I'd love to see the ProMix in action. I'm on the road too often to grow on my own these days sadly, else I'd try it myself.

Not scientific, you're right, but I'm glad he's happy. Shoot me a message and the next time he decides to buy a pail include one for free.

420 grams huh? That can’t be an accident
No? ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the Vulx comparison plants this morning:

The Vulx one is on the left, still getting 50% nutes though the same amount of water, which does seem to last a few days longer in the Vulx/ProMix than in the straight ProMix.

You can see that the Vulx plant is pretty much the same color now and that growth looks good, so adding the correct amount of Vulx to the medium is definitely key to getting the stuff to work in the grow!

However, given how far behind the Vulx plant is (because of the weak start due to the incorrect recommendations of product in the original mix), is this a comparison that makes any sense to continue? Is the Vulx plant is really going to show 40% larger growth? Even 40% extra growth won't allow it to catch up to the regular one.

I'm thinking I either need to run this another time with different identical clones, or let the Vulx researchers figure out the best application for their product in ProMix HP without me. While I can certainly grow these both to harvest, I don't think this is apples to apples any more.

Your thoughts?

Good to know that the new mix appears to be working better with the amended application rate, but you're right that the initial stage stunted the growth so that no matter how much it prospered now it would not be an ideal comparison at harvest.

It's really up to you if you want to continue with another set of clones - we'd certainly appreciate it as the first grow gave us a lot of information to work with and will likely improve the experience of customers and other sample recipients down the line.

What it looks like to me is that really the application should be based on volume, not weight, as you had predicted earlier! That would make the instructions much easier, too! How much did you end up putting in after it was all said and done?

Edit: I see, about 70g/gallon.

What it looks like to me is that really the application should be based on volume, not weight, as you had predicted earlier! That would make the instructions much easier, too! How much did you end up putting in after it was all said and done?
Edit: I see, about 70g/gallon.
I agree, and I'm hoping you can reproduce this with ProMix HP on your test bench.

I haven't got room or matching clones to grow out at the moment, so I can't re-run another comparison now. I'd like to revisit this when I do though, as I'd like to see your product live up to its expectations first hand. Perhaps @TurboBucket's grow will show what we were looking for here.

So, sorry gang! I guess this is the end of the AK-47 clone Vulx comparison. I'm shutting it down due to a false start. If I have a chance to run it again, I'll pick it up here.

:thanks: to all for coming along for the ride.

Before we go - the 50% nutes you were running was producing green growth at least - so while the test wasn't completely successful it looks like there was a great potential for it once we got the mix right. Would it be fair to say that's accurate?

For now, I'm going to say that 75g/gal is the recommended application rate. I don't think that anyone in their right mind is using something heavier than 1.4kg (3.1lbs) per gallon, so that should basically cover our bases. If they are, well, we will cross that bridge much like we just crossed this one (which apparently means just a little too late). If anyone *is* using something heavier, let me know.

75g/gal would make the instructions a lot simpler, too.

By the way, we are still looking for someone in SoCal to help us run a local test! We'll pay ya well ($35/hr minimum) so DM me if that sounds like something you'd be interested in!

Before we go - the 50% nutes you were running was producing green growth at least - so while the test wasn't completely successful it looks like there was a great potential for it once we got the mix right. Would it be fair to say that's accurate?
Absolutely accurate, which is why I think that this comparison would have potential if started from scratch at the correct grams/gallon. I'm limited by space constraints at the moment or I'd do it again with the next pair of clones I root.

Back
Top Bottom