InTheShed Does A Vulx Comparison Grow

No Vulx, I was in Happy Frog Soil. Feed regular program nutes, then at next 'weighting' give h2o. When they were bigger it was every 3-4 days, but I had heat issues until real recently so that may have been why they were thirsty so quick.

Oh, but this is a Vulx comparison grow so I was unsure how your feeding/watering advice should be applied here.

Just a note: I'm waiting for the roots to grow into the new soil on both, and I did a bit of pruning yesterday and watered them this morning. 1 gallon @ 5g for the regular AK and .75 gallon @ 2.5g for the Vulx.

Because of the misfires and steep learning curve early in the grow, I won't be flowering these with the summer plants. These will be flowered later this year when we can see the difference now that the correct amount of Vulx has been added to the ProMix.

I was catching up and saw you were talking bout watering vs. feeding. I read what Amy wrote and thought I'd echo that thought. I don't read the dates, are you still growing these plants...?

:laugh:

Sweet I finally get on board before something’s finished that sparks my interest, I have honestly laughed at Vulx responses to you and how brutally honest you are I have found this a very enjoyable read and it doesn’t fly off topic .i hope the Vulx plant catches up I am gonna have to look into Vulx , I love comparison grows. But honestly 50% less water doesn’t sound right , and increasing the dose to 68g per gal , how much does that compare to just using regular nutes , is the Vulx a lot cheaper ?? I’m just wondering if it’s even worth it if you have to use as much as your using per gal compared to what they claimed at 5% that is a huge increase in cost to use. So the real question is , is it even worth the money when you could just use your nutes at reg strength , without having an extra cost if factor such as Vulx , we all know how to properly water our plants , 50% less water then what we’re doing would be reduculas to do. I just can’t wait to see how this goes. Your plant on your reg schedular looks great btw @InTheShed

Sweet I finally get on board before something’s finished that sparks my interest, I have honestly laughed at Vulx responses to you and how brutally honest you are I have found this a very enjoyable read and it doesn’t fly off topic .i hope the Vulx plant catches up I am gonna have to look into Vulx , I love comparison grows. But honestly 50% less water doesn’t sound right , and increasing the dose to 68g per gal , how much does that compare to just using regular nutes , is the Vulx a lot cheaper ?? I’m just wondering if it’s even worth it if you have to use as much as your using per gal compared to what they claimed at 5% that is a huge increase in cost to use. So the real question is , is it even worth the money when you could just use your nutes at reg strength , without having an extra cost if factor such as Vulx , we all know how to properly water our plants , 50% less water then what we’re doing would be reduculas to do. I just can’t wait to see how this goes. Your plant on your reg schedular looks great btw @InTheShed
Thanks for joining the journey Dean! I'm hoping that more than the 50% savings in nutes and the probably negligible savings in water, the 40% increase in growth would be the biggest reward. Of course, we can always veg longer! ;)

I have no idea what Vulx costs though as this grow is using free samples.

Looking good, Shed, as always.

I want to be clear with everyone about one thing though after reading certain replies here: we're not disputing these results at all. The responses we offer are our attempts to try and hone in on why we aren't seeing the results we normally do.

Please do not misinterpret that to mean we're disappointed or salty about it - every soil, grower, nutrient, climate, etc. is different! This grow is showing and teaching us certain things we had not tested before, and it is very valuable information for both our customers and us! Shed is doing an excellent job and we really appreciate the side by side.

Advertising was one of the reasons we came to this forum, but like many others another compelling reason was to participate and share knowledge with some of the experienced and helpful members. We're getting exactly what we signed up for!

Thanks again to Shed and everyone else in the thread for participating.

Thanks Vulx! I'm doing my level best at making this a fair comparison, and I think it got off to a bad start because of the difference between ProMix HP and soil in terms of the quantity of product needed.

Rather than start over with new clones and the new ratio (which I can do if you like - I always have clones rooting), I'm going to let these veg through the summer and not flower them out until fall. That way the new roots will have a chance to take advantage of the ProMix/Vulx substrate to see what the true difference is.

This is your show, Shed, and I will just defer to you on that. The only thing I'm curious to see is that if Vulx can't achieve the 50% difference, what can it acheive in ProMix?

I'm hiring locally to manage a case study to test on as many different soils as possible, so hopefully we can get that going fairly quickly.

I have a friend who is running some clones started in plain soil in Vulx but he's not very smart, never reads directions, does things how he wants to do them whether they are wrong or not and is not comparing them to a non Vulx control...so it's anything but a scientific run and will only provide anecdotal rather than empirical results.

So what he's told me so far is he up potted them from starter cups bone dry to 1 gallon pots with 5% Vulx, watered them at that time to 15% runoff with plain PH'd water and didn't have to water them again for the entire 3 weeks they were in the 1 gallon pots before they needed to be up potted again.

He said during those 3 weeks they grew well, from 3ish inches to 8-10, and never showed any signs of dehydration. At that point he had roots coming out the bottom of the 1 gallon pots so he decided to up pot again to 5 gallon pots with 5% vulx added (soil still wasn't entirely dry, but adequately) and watered with 50% nutes till 15% runoff about 4 days ago. Since the second up pot they have really exploded.

He told me his thinking was 50% less water applied to his watering style meant watering less frequently, not less water at feeding. So actually he's only watered his plants 3 times in close to 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom