CFIT - Potted Outdoor Grow - Bag Seeds - Two Varieties

jul10_3_1000.jpg

jul10_2.jpg

jul10_1_1000.jpg

Wow she's huge ! :thumb: Think I see some pre-flowers, for sure a girl :circle-of-love:
She has what looks like cone-shaped female calyx at some branch intersections but not all. Does that mean she won't create very many flowers or do more preflowers show up after flowering starts? I haven't located any good photos of what actually goes on down at branch level during flowering.

pre12.jpg

pre23.jpg

Pre-flowers show when she's sexually mature. Won't start to actually flower until the time schedule is right. That is for sure a female calyx.
:circle-of-love:

I found a few more flowering details I was looking for.

So apparently flowers grow out of nodes not preflowers. I assumed flowers grow out of preflowers and a calyx is a female preflower. These are the details I'm trying to discern so I know what to look for. I've never seen a marijuana plant flower, all I have is internet photos and they don't show details down at branch level.

My plant is four months old, I would think she's sexually mature by now or do some strains take longer than four months? She's been growing calyx for quite a number of weeks.

I found a few more flowering details I was looking for.

So apparently flowers grow out of nodes not preflowers. I assumed flowers grow out of preflowers and a calyx is a female preflower. These are the details I'm trying to discern so I know what to look for. I've never seen a marijuana plant flower, all I have is internet photos and they don't show details down at branch level.

My plant is four months old, I would think she's sexually mature by now or do some strains take longer than four months? She's been growing calyx for quite a number of weeks.

Usually takes around 3-4 weeks for a plant to be mature enough to flower, all depends on what size you want. If you want a small plant you can go straight to 12/12 schedule indoors or switch after 2-3 weeks and it will flower as soon as the plant's ready. When you veg a plant longer it will grow bigger and end up with more bud.

When she will start flowering she will actually double in size, some strains even triple. Flowers will form at the tips of the branches and at every node down. Basically a bud is a bunch of calyxes that merge and swell with resin.

Usually takes around 3-4 weeks for a plant to be mature enough to flower, all depends on what size you want. If you want a small plant you can go straight to 12/12 schedule indoors or switch after 2-3 weeks and it will flower as soon as the plant's ready. When you veg a plant longer it will grow bigger and end up with more bud.

When she will start flowering she will actually double in size, some strains even triple. Flowers will form at the tips of the branches and at every node down. Basically a bud is a bunch of calyxes that merge and swell with resin.

Thank you, now I understand better how it all works. Double or triple in size??! Oh my god, it's over six feet - it could end up 12 or 13 feet tall? That will not be good at all. I should have understood that better when I started.

They shipped my tent today, should be here Saturday. I'll just work around whatever happens, it will all work out in the end.

If I got a powerful enough light I could leave her in the tent rather than taking her outside every day. I wonder if she would be upset going from summer sunlight during veg to LED light during flower? Saw a really cool LED fixture that allows adjustment of the light spectrum but it's expensive, can't do that right now. Been considering LED strips across the top of the tent, I think they're relatively inexpensive.

I've been finding fluid on leaves for a couple months. At first I thought it was bird piss, then I noticed it showing up hours after bringing her inside. Lately I've been finding it on the floor under the canopy, it dries into a white powdery substance. I resisted the impulse to blame the dogs and started looking for an explanation.

jul20_3.jpg

jul20_2.jpg

Apparently it's sap - found this on another website I'm not allowed to mention:

"What you're describing is called Guttation, and what your seeing is a sap exudate.... At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude (most oftenly) through special leaf tips or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational ascent. This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red(The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium) This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Upon drying, a white crust remains on the tissue surface. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma."

It seems to be a pretty hearty robust plant and the smoke might be pretty good as well, I wonder if I should be cloning these small lower branches

jul20_1.jpg

Before getting her daily two gallons of water

jul21_before.jpg

and 15 minutes after a big drink

jul21_after_2.jpg

I live on the surface of the Sun, MJ doesn't like being over-watered and you probably will never have to water the way I do.

36 hours in a dark tent then 12/12 for past 72 hours, preflowers starting to swell

preflower16.jpg

Also when she reached 7 feet I cut off the top foot or so, she might have around 24 colas so we're not mourning loss of the top

topped13.jpg

Now there's a round swelling beneath some of the preflowers, guess that's what we want to see

jul29_2.jpg

Did a great job cropping the top didn't I - used a pair of scissors, it was more fibrous that I thought, that's supposed be my 45 degree cut lol

jul29_1.jpg

I cloned the top, it's already been a good learning experience, that might be a whole new thread. They say it's easier to clone from the bottom where there are more rooting hormones, my clone from the top sprouted roots somewhere during the second or third day.

I'm again using the website I mentioned back in post #41 for information (btw he is a she), she has a lot of good information that has been of great help to me while trying to learn how to do this. She made one mistake, I was mad because I'd lost my plants, everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully we're all working toward a common goal.

So sick of this plant - oops that wasn't politically correct was it. My second hernia repair has come undone, I'm carrying her in and out every day with my intestines hanging out, probably affecting my opinion.

I haven't seen a whole lot of bud development over the past three days, she's probably one of those Mexican sativas that flower for three months. Also I don't think she's getting enough direct sunlight, I carry her out about 9am to a spot that's convenient near the back door but she doesn't get direct light there until 11am. Then somewhere between 3 and 4pm it hits 120 degrees in sunlight and I move her under a tree for cooler ambient light. But you know what, if she is what I think she is then she's built for heat so I'm leaving her in the light until sundown. Whatever will be will be.

aug1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom