Borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow.snottygirl

Re: borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow..snottygirl

Born,

I totally agree with the testing being all over the place as far as a uniform testing regime goes. Here I get my wife's lab technician at her winery to do some basic Baume testing on my strain and she came up with 22.6% last year. That was the total available sugar and oil measure, that is supposedly what Victorian Drug Squad here in Australia use as a measure. But it's like you said about 45% alcohol, may be strong and all, but what about flavour and taste? I would rather have a very flavoursome smoke for anything during the day and a really strong smoke at night. But that is just me and I am sure everyone here is different.

Re: borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow..snottygirl

Give us pics!!!! I'm a pic whore..... sorry. :)

I'll probably do some pics tomorrow. I'm trying not to go everyday because I get depressed when I hardly see any change. I was looking at southernweeds pics and in a week his plants are totally transformed. Mine I'm still counting pistils! We have a stretch of hot weather coming up and a new moon so maybe that will kick things into high gear.

I will say that I'm starting to smell the garden from farther away!

Slowly but surely

DSC00931.JPG

DSC00933.JPG

DSC009341.JPG

:goodjob: looking great born...going to be some serious bud :yummy:

Thanks guys! Doing this would be a lot harder without all the encouragement I get from you!

It's weird that one plant blossomed first, has by far the biggest and tightest top but was one of the weaker looking plants all through the vege stage. And the plant that I was so proud of all through the vege stage isn't looking like it is going to have a very big yield. It's like one saved up its energy for the home stretch and one blew its load early. A lot can happen in the next 6 weeks, so we will see which one does the best in the end. I took a clone of that one plant during the stretch when I could tell it was different but doesn't look like the clone is going to survive. It's down to it last three leaves and if it follows the pattern of the other clones it still has about 10 days to go for any roots.

^^^ You never know what mother nature will throw at you by some random gene expression or environmental variable... kind of keeps growing interesting ;)

The old "nature or nurture" argument. All these plants are from the same genetic stock and every plant is different in its own way. So in my case nurture is playing a large role. All plants get the same amount of sun, nutes and water...so the variable has to be the microbe colonies in the soil.

Those outdoor gals really like their spot huh? I think you'll be pleased for sure! Your looking at a late September early-mid October harvest, and it will be a good 1!

flowering in nature!
grats!:D
really mine outdoor should start on next month middle to 27 or 28 day

All the early plants, the ones in the ground in March are all putting on some flower weight now. I can see the difference everyday. Still no visible sparkles. I would think harvest first week of Oct, that would be 9 weeks.

The clones that got into the dirt late are just starting so it is going to be a late harvest on them. Hope the weather holds out through Oct.

I've been looking at seed specs, BTR. Earliest harvest under the sun seems to be mid October. :

If things only went as advertised. Lot of those specs are for growing in the Netherlands. Outdoors there are a bunch of factors involved in determining harvest. Species, temp, date, latitude, days of vegging, nutes. The sweet god bud I have will be done in a couple weeks. The snotty girl that hit the dirt early spring started flowering last week of July. The clones of those plants were put outside almost 1 1/2 months later and are just starting flowering right now. Indoors snottygirl peaked at 8 weeks of flowering. I could probably go 10 weeks but don't really want couch lock, I love the sativa buzz of an early harvest.

Good example of the variability of it all is Sonzor's grow, some of those plants were ready in July.

latest fotos, snotty girl mother plants starting to put on some bud weight. Still no signs of tricomes yet.

DSC009362.JPG

DSC009371.JPG

this is sweet god, as advertised it started flowering the earliest, last week of July.
DSC009382.JPG

DSC009391.JPG

starting to get some purple and some tricomes on this one
DSC009411.JPG

All the sweet god plants are pretty small, they just never thrived in their environment but they all are putting out a lot of bud.

Back
Top Bottom