My First Outdoor Grow

A way to go to be comparable with yours 808. These are pics off the first two on my balcony. I'll take some of the main lot in a day or so. Still have 7 weeks to go.

Bud development 1 18th Aug 2022.jpg

Bud development 2 18th Aug 2022.jpg

I'm glad they are surviving in the heat. I can see they are stressed a bit. Are you feeding them? If so, what are you feeding? 20 gal pots, right?
I think they are 45ltr pots & I'm only giving them Canna Flower. One day 35ml per 5ltr, the next 20ml & the third day just water. I have maintained that throughout the flowering. I did add some bat guano once a couple of weeks ago. Thats all. Hows life in volcanic Hawaii?

Ah, OK... 25 liter is about 11 gallon... maybe a tad on the small size. How tall are your plants now? I had 3 large plants in 15 gallon fabric pots recently, in flower, and they maxed out their pots and didn't do well. Toward the end, leaves were dying and turning yellow. So, you may need to use nitrogen regularly until they finish – a liquid form would be best, to water in.

I live in a remote rural area in Hawaii, which has its challenges, but I love it. Our climate is outstanding, as is our air quality, and our ocean water is pristine. You are in Europe, yes? In what country do you live?

Ah, OK... 25 liter is about 11 gallon... maybe a tad on the small size. How tall are your plants now? I had 3 large plants in 15 gallon fabric pots recently, in flower, and they maxed out their pots and didn't do well. Toward the end, leaves were dying and turning yellow. So, you may need to use nitrogen regularly until they finish – a liquid form would be best, to water in.

I live in a remote rural area in Hawaii, which has its challenges, but I love it. Our climate is outstanding, as is our air quality, and our ocean water is pristine. You are in Europe, yes? In what country do you live?
Brilliant 808, thanks for the advice. I was thinking of having a look underneath to see if the roots were showing, will do that today. I've had yellow leaves every day since the start almost, a few more recently, but it never concerned me. Europe yes, Southern Portugal also has its challenges but nothing to complain about. i keep life simple. Just the 19 rescue dogs, my wife who unfortunately has dementia & my plants. I'd sooner be here than in the UK. I've been here since 1986 so well over half my life now.

They are expanding quite quickly now & are producing much more than I ever anticipated. I haven't made any changes to the watering/feeding but I think I must be approaching PK13 time. That conclusion is only from reading up online.

Atomic 1  1 Sept 2022 7 inches.jpg

Atomic2  1 Sept 2022.jpg

Atomic3 Balcony 1 Sept 2022.jpg

GGlue1 1 Sept 2022 12inches.jpg

GGlue2 1 Sept 2022.jpg
Start her on a bloom booster cut back on the nitrogen will cause ur buds to be all leaf we don't want that do we .😊 trust me.iv grew outdoor over 20,+,years

Hi 808. If you're around do you think I should trim some of the leaves or just leave them? i'm inclined to not interfere as they seem to be rocking along & although the pics might not show it too clearly there are some sizeable colas going on in there.

All 9th Sept 2022.jpg

Atomic 1 9thSept 2022.jpg

Atomic 2 9th Sept 2022.jpg

Balcony1 9thSept 2022.jpg

GG 1 9th Sept.jpg

Some 9th Sept 2022.jpg

They're looking fantastic!

I recommend 2 things:
  1. Your plants are big, with big colas, and need lots of nutrients. Increase feeding of flower phase nutrients. The NPK for flower is recommended 1-3-3, so increase P and K. Still feed N, but opposite of veg phase which is NPK 3-1-1.

The reason I say this is because I see some die-off going on. A few fan leaves is no big deal, but I'm seeing something more systemic – not only lots of leaves turning yellow, but necrosis on edges of leaves.

This is a time to make sure the buds can grow to full ripeness without experiencing any die-off (necrosis), which will invite fungus to take hold. This is super important, because bud rot can very rapidly wipe out your harvest, and it's often very difficult to see it coming.

2. Start removing dead and dying leaves – all yellow leaves, or partially yellow leaves, and leaves with necrosis on the margins. This will serve two purposes: a) remove material where fungus can get started, and b) allow you to better see improvements in your feeding.

Also remove big fan leaves that are obstructing sun from reaching buds. Also remove any small branches that aren't serving your bigger, main buds. The idea is to open up air flow in the plants, which helps reduce chances of bud rot. It's really up to you to decide how much pruning to do.

Lastly, I would say you should also keep a close eye on the buds for any signs of mold or bud rot. If you start to see either, then I recommend starting a regular spray of peroxide solution.

They're looking fantastic!

I recommend 2 things:
  1. Your plants are big, with big colas, and need lots of nutrients. Increase feeding of flower phase nutrients. The NPK for flower is recommended 1-3-3, so increase P and K. Still feed N, but opposite of veg phase which is NPK 3-1-1.

The reason I say this is because I see some die-off going on. A few fan leaves is no big deal, but I'm seeing something more systemic – not only lots of leaves turning yellow, but necrosis on edges of leaves.

This is a time to make sure the buds can grow to full ripeness without experiencing any die-off (necrosis), which will invite fungus to take hold. This is super important, because bud rot can very rapidly wipe out your harvest, and it's often very difficult to see it coming.

2. Start removing dead and dying leaves – all yellow leaves, or partially yellow leaves, and leaves with necrosis on the margins. This will serve two purposes: a) remove material where fungus can get started, and b) allow you to better see improvements in your feeding.

Also remove big fan leaves that are obstructing sun from reaching buds. Also remove any small branches that aren't serving your bigger, main buds. The idea is to open up air flow in the plants, which helps reduce chances of bud rot. It's really up to you to decide how much pruning to do.

Lastly, I would say you should also keep a close eye on the buds for any signs of mold or bud rot. If you start to see either, then I recommend starting a regular spray of peroxide solution.
Brilliant 808 thank you so much for your comprehensive input, i'll be on it today.

Back
Top Bottom