My First Outdoor Grow

I think at best I only be a hobbyist particularly as I have no interest in smoking, eating or using weed in any way other than just enjoying growing it. I'm not even sure what will happen to my crop as I don't know anyone locally who even smokes & I definitely won't go out there advertising myself. It would be something of a waste for it not to go to a good home. I will keep some in the fridge/freezer for friends that visit from the UK but that's about it. :)

They are all looking as though they are going into flower now. The 2 that I was actually going to dump back in early May have become really dense with lots of flower heads, maybe too many. The other 10, which have since become 11, ( I had one that didn't look as though it would make it but has really taken off), have put on a spurt, flowering stretch, & are really quite big now. Have switched the feed on the one on the left of the 2 that are together but maintained veg feed for all the others. And there we are. Hope all is excellent with whoever may read this. :)

The 2  23rd July.jpg

The 10 23rd July.jpg

They are looking awesome! :goodjob:

I like to prune my plants once they start flowering. I will clip off the small branches that are coming off the main branches... i.e. the ones that are closer to the main stem. This has the effect of focusing the plant's energy on the main bud sites at the ends of the main branches. It also opens up the plant for better air flow, which is good to help prevent mold. That's the theory anyway.

What strain is the one on the far left in each photo? They look more indica-leaning... wide leaflets.

They are looking awesome! :goodjob:

I like to prune my plants once they start flowering. I will clip off the small branches that are coming off the main branches... i.e. the ones that are closer to the main stem. This has the effect of focusing the plant's energy on the main bud sites at the ends of the main branches. It also opens up the plant for better air flow, which is good to help prevent mold. That's the theory anyway.

What strain is the one on the far left in each photo? They look more indica-leaning... wide leaflets.
Thanks 808. Yes I was planning on thinning them out although I have done quite a bit over the months but I do understand they could benefit from a fair bit more, The two you asked about are both Atomic Bomb. There are 6 more behind out of shot. The one on the balcony is from the failed pack of seeds from last year. That was the one that I felt may have been an auto as it started flowering a few weeks ago. I'll get to work on them all during the coming week & do some more pics. Perhaps you would be kind enough to let me know if I have done sufficient. ps: according to various sources Atomics are a 50-50 Sativa Indica mix

Is it an indica-leaning phenotype of Atomic Bomb, or do all your Atomic Bombs look like that? Just curious :)
I'm not sure what 'indica-leaning phenotype' means LoL but yes, all the Atomic have thick dark green leaves as opposed to the 'stringy' structure of the Gorillas

I'm not sure what 'indica-leaning phenotype' means LoL but yes, all the Atomic have thick dark green leaves as opposed to the 'stringy' structure of the Gorillas
OK, you answered it... all the Atomic look like that. They look like indica-dominant plants... the genetics are more indica than they are sativa, which gives them the big leaflets. Sativas have narrow leaflets.

Here are a few pics showing how much I've cropped/left. Maybe not as explanatory as I had hoped. I have left each branch with about 15-18" of growth remaining. They are all in flower now. The Atomics just started showing a couple of days ago. The really bushy one that is on my balcony has not really been touched too much, (no pic here) as it looks as though it's joining up all the way down giving colas of about 18".

Atom 1.jpg

Atom 2.jpg

Atom 3.jpg

Atom4.jpg

GG 1.jpg

Very little upward growth now although still some but all showing small buds. The second pic is another one I had that was stunted from the start way back in April. I had virtually given up on it but kept watering it. Decided it was worth continuing with & re potted it last week. Since then it has doubled in size & is looking good but not showing signs of flowering yet. It's about 30" (75cms) tall. Continuing with 2 feeds consecutive days then water only. As the temps here are still mental they are getting 5+ltrs each a day now & by early afternoon are showing signs of drooping but pick up immediately I water them.

All 30th July 2022 In flower.jpg

The rogue 1 Aug 2022.jpg

I looked it up... Atomic is a 50/50 indica-sativa hybrid. I think you got an indica-leaning pheno there. It must be the Emerald Triangle Kush coming through, which is an 85% indica strain. Yes, it's looking sweeeeeet!

Hey 808 I tried messaging you but don't seem to be on the favoured list. :) so, as follows:
Hi 808. I haven't posted an update recently as, apart from a continued stretch, not a lot has happened really. Bud formation has been slow although the plants continue to look healthy enough. Hope all is as you would wish at your end.
Regards,
Abe

Hi Abe & thanks for the update. Check out my Journal grow (link in my signature)... page 8 for latest photos.

I also recently did some analysis of potting soils and mycos.

I changed the feed regime slightly a few days ago to 20ml Canna Flower, 35ml Canna Flower (per 5ltrs of water) & then just water over a 3 day cycle. The budding has really taken off. Coincidence or natural cycle I don't know but looking nice. Pics later. I need to feed my babies, it's late for them. :) Been trying to keep up with your posts & replies but it's all hectic. :) You get so many replies, my heads spinning. :)

Back
Top Bottom