My First Outdoor Grow

AbeZee48

Here I present to you my first outdoor grow, in fact my first grow of any kind for ten years since I moved to Southern Europe. Details as follows:

(If you think I've missed anything then please ask.)

Two different female seed varieties, 8 Atomic Bomb & 4 Gorilla Glue. I had 2 Atomic seeds from a failed grow last summer & thought what the heck, pop them in, which I did earlier than the other 10.

These were planted in Canna Terra Seed Mix 24th March 2022, the other 10 were planted in the same medium 10th April 2022. I didn't keep comprehensive notes on the two Atomics planted in March but they took about 6 days to germinate as did the other 10.

All fed with Canna start & Rhizo alternate waterings (4ml of each per ltr.)

I topped the first 2 19th April & fed them all with Canna Veg & Rhizo, 4ml per ltr of each. I potted on the 2 early plants 5th May into 10tr pots.
6th May potted the other 10 also into 10ltr pots in Canna Terra professional.

Topped the 10 on 10th May & did various minor toppings until 15th May.

"6th May potted all into 40ltr tubs in Canna Terra Professional & have continued the same feeding regime.

Since then I have continued with the same feed apart from giving them a dilute bat guano feed on 2 occasions. The accompanying photos say the rest.
At the time of writing they are now exactly 2 months old.

No1 30th April.jpg

All 30th April.jpg

All  8th May.jpg

All 16th May 2022.jpg

All  20th May 2022.jpg

All but one planted into tubs 28th May 2022.jpg

No1  3rd June 2022.jpg

All2  5th June 2022.jpg

All 11th June 2022.jpg

All 10 16th June 2022.jpg

Here I present to you my first outdoor grow, in fact my first grow of any kind for ten years since I moved to Southern Europe. Details as follows:

(If you think I've missed anything then please ask.)

Two different female seed varieties, 8 Atomic Bomb & 4 Gorilla Glue. I had 2 Atomic seeds from a failed grow last summer & thought what the heck, pop them in, which I did earlier than the other 10.

These were planted in Canna Terra Seed Mix 24th March 2022, the other 10 were planted in the same medium 10th April 2022. I didn't keep comprehensive notes on the two Atomics planted in March but they took about 6 days to germinate as did the other 10.

All fed with Canna start & Rhizo alternate waterings (4ml of each per ltr.)

I topped the first 2 19th April & fed them all with Canna Veg & Rhizo, 4ml per ltr of each. I potted on the 2 early plants 5th May into 10tr pots.
6th May potted the other 10 also into 10ltr pots in Canna Terra professional.

Topped the 10 on 10th May & did various minor toppings until 15th May.

"6th May potted all into 40ltr tubs in Canna Terra Professional & have continued the same feeding regime.

Since then I have continued with the same feed apart from giving them a dilute bat guano feed on 2 occasions. The accompanying photos say the rest.
At the time of writing they are now exactly 2 months old.

No1 30th April.jpg

All 30th April.jpg

All  8th May.jpg

All 16th May 2022.jpg

All  20th May 2022.jpg

All but one planted into tubs 28th May 2022.jpg

No1  3rd June 2022.jpg

All2  5th June 2022.jpg

All 11th June 2022.jpg

All 10 16th June 2022.jpg
Current average height now, plant only not including tubs, is about 1 metre.

all rescues
AbeZee48, you are a saint.

Presently I have 3 rescues living with ma and me. 2 dogs and a miniature horse. With the exception of one, a Great Dane, all other dog's we've had over the years have been rescues.

Thanks for hanging with me and stay safe.

Ah, he looks like a big softy. I have 18, all rescues, all mine, not looking to re-home any. Maybe that will become 19 next week. Here's some of them.

IMG_20220615_210828.jpg

AbeZee48, you are a saint.

Presently I have 3 rescues living with ma and me. 2 dogs and a miniature horse. With the exception of one, a Great Dane, all other dog's we've had over the years have been rescues.

Thanks for hanging with me and stay safe.
I'm no saint gary, I just prefer dogs to people. They are kind, loving loyal & consistent. Can't say I've met many folk like that.

IMG_20220615_210616.jpg

IMG_20220320_205254.jpg

IMG_20220301_200604.jpg

IMG_20211226_202948.jpg

IMG_20211226_154629.jpg

IMG_20211226_154338.jpg

IMG_20211226_154020.jpg

IMG_20211226_150354.jpg

IMG_20211225_151330.jpg

IMG_20211224_152945.jpg

Hi @AbeZee48 and welcome to the forum! Nice grow you've got going there!

Looks like you've got a good pot size. How many hours of daylight do you have now?

Our place has become somewhat of a cat sanctuary... we're up to 10 cats, 3 of which are rescued, and one we are rehabilitating for friends.

Thanks 808, Pot size is 40ltrs & they seem to like it. Currently have exactly 15 hours of sunlight. Nice that you have lots of cats. My sis has several & I would but the chances are some of my dogs would pester/chase/annoy them. My neighbours have cats that park themselves out of reach beyond the fence just to tease them.

Ah, 40 ltr = 10.5 gal... that's a nice size. I use 15 gal smart pots. I've also had some nice yields from 6 gal plastic pots.

That's great you are getting 15 hours of daylight. We are currently at 13 hours, 20 min, here in Hawaii. Days start getting shorter now, and nights longer, since today is the solstice. Night length is currently at its shortest, at about 10 hours, 40 min. We'll hit 12 hours on Sept. 28 – I think it will be similar for you in southern Europe. Here's the website I'm using to look this up: SunCalc sun position.

The strange thing is, my plants don't need 12 hours of darkness to start flowering – I just moved plants to my flowering greenhouse recently (no lights), and I predict they will start within 1-2 weeks. I'm not sure why this is, but my theory is that it's because I'm cloning clones, and I'm vegging for a long time using night interruption lighting.

happy growing!

Ah, 40 ltr = 10.5 gal... that's a nice size. I use 15 gal smart pots. I've also had some nice yields from 6 gal plastic pots.

That's great you are getting 15 hours of daylight. We are currently at 13 hours, 20 min, here in Hawaii. Days start getting shorter now, and nights longer, since today is the solstice. Night length is currently at its shortest, at about 10 hours, 40 min. We'll hit 12 hours on Sept. 28 – I think it will be similar for you in southern Europe. Here's the website I'm using to look this up: SunCalc sun position.

The strange thing is, my plants don't need 12 hours of darkness to start flowering – I just moved plants to my flowering greenhouse recently (no lights), and I predict they will start within 1-2 weeks. I'm not sure why this is, but my theory is that it's because I'm cloning clones, and I'm vegging for a long time using night interruption lighting.

happy growing!
Hey, Yes, outdoors in the past my plants started to flower mid August when we were getting 13.40 hours of sunlight. If they didn't start flowering until late September when we reached 12 & 12 they wouldn't be done until mid November when the weather would be somewhat inclement. I think indoor growers opt for 12 & 12 because it's convenient & has been the standard for so long now.
40 ltr pots seem like a good size to me & for up to 12 plants they fit perfectly into my chosen space which is private & has great sun exposure. Hopefully they still have at least another 6 weeks of veg growth at which time they will need some means of support. The odd thing is I don' :) t smoke or use any drugs & rarely even have a beer. :) Thanks for SunCalc. I have been using a different one but I like the format of yours.

We worked it out over here. 10-10.5 hr night length is typically enough for photoperiod cannabis to start flowering.

Our night length right now is around 10 hrs 20 min, and the plants I moved to the flower house about 10 days ago are now definitely going into flower.

We worked it out over here. 10-10.5 hr night length is typically enough for photoperiod cannabis to start flowering.

Our night length right now is around 10 hrs 20 min, and the plants I moved to the flower house about 10 days ago are now definitely going into flower.
There doesn't seem to be any consistency with mine. The 2 that I planted early from last years seeds that I had left over from my failed attempt have started flowering but the other 10 which are in a different location but only 8mtrs away don't look remotely close to flowering. I'm not sure the pics illustrate that too well. Anyway, these 2 have now had their first Canna Flores feed with a bit of bat guano & a little bottom trimming

No 2 Early Flower Detail  26th June.jpg

The 2 26th June Early flower.jpg

The 2 that I planted early from last years seeds that I had left over from my failed attempt have started flowering but the other 10 which are in a different location but only 8mtrs away don't look remotely close to flowering.
And your night length is right around 9 hours, so what the heck?! Are they autoflowers? Are they a different strain than the others? Sativa?

You have 2 Atomic Bomb flowering, and 6 Atomic Bomb not flowering? And night length of 9 hours?

Apparently photos will not flower unless length of night is 10-10.5 hours. Sooo... how can this be?

Is it possible that some other Bomb autoflower seed got mixed up with the Atomic photo seeds?

Back
Top Bottom