My First Outdoor Grow

You have 2 Atomic Bomb flowering, and 6 Atomic Bomb not flowering? And night length of 9 hours?

Apparently photos will not flower unless length of night is 10-10.5 hours. Sooo... how can this be?

Is it possible that some other Bomb autoflower seed got mixed up with the Atomic photo seeds?
I was thinking exactly the same. Could have been a mix up . Can you imagine the possible chaos in a seed factory or whatever it's called? The other 6 Atomics don't look remotely like these two in structure or development.

I was thinking exactly the same. Could have been a mix up . Can you imagine the possible chaos in a seed factory or whatever it's called? The other 6 Atomics don't look remotely like these two in structure or development.
Join the club! I've had the same thing happen to me recently, and I think I've seen 2 or 3 instances recently revealed here on the forum!

1st July

IMG_20220701_200036.jpg

Join the club! I've had the same thing happen to me recently, and I think I've seen 2 or 3 instances recently revealed here on the forum!
I suppose it can easily happen. I don't mind too much as it will perhaps give me an early idea of what the yield may be from the other 10 that are still not showing the slightest sign of flowering yet, only upward & outward. If they continue like this I may have to build my wall a little higher. :) Not really, I don't have any neighbours to the south for at least 6kms. The weather is getting hotter by the day, its up to 35-38C, I hope that doesn't become a problem. They are in need of watering/feeding every 36hrs now. Thanks for your continued interest and dialogue 808.

Hi @AbeZee48, That's hot... 35-38C (95-100F). Your plants definitely won't like it. I had those same temps in my large greenhouse – the one I'm currently not using... it needs modified to add a "ridge vent" w/fans for cooling.

Here's something I posted recently to help with high temps:

...I don't have much experience with high temps like that, but I do have a little. Some thoughts... water more, put some coco coir as mulch on the surface of the soil, use coir in your soil mix to help water permeate the pot and also hold moisture some, mist the plants in early morning and evening, put a wrap on your smart pots that reflects heat – you can use white Tyvek, or reflective bubble sheet, or a cut up white feed bag, etc. ... held on with clothes pins....

...With mulch on the surface, and wrapping in heat-reflective material, you may not need to use shade, unless temps get above say 95. But, observation is the best guide. If you see no wilting or heat stress evidence, you're probably OK.

Here's what I observed when temps got too high in my greenhouse. I call this alligator leaf. Some phenotypes were more susceptible to this.

"Alligator leaf"

early stage
1655966047244.png

getting worse...
1655969874603.png

late stage...
1655970271406.png

Hi @AbeZee48, That's hot... 35-38C (95-100F). Your plants definitely won't like it. I had those same temps in my large greenhouse – the one I'm currently not using... it needs modified to add a "ridge vent" w/fans for cooling.

Here's something I posted recently to help with high temps:

"Alligator leaf"

early stage
1655966047244.png

getting worse...
1655969874603.png

late stage...
1655970271406.png
Luckily I don't have symptoms displayed in your pics.....yet. I am watering & spraying them regularly. Checking the moisture meter & just allowing them to dry a little so they are not constantly wet. So far they are responding very well & continue to grow. I'd like to think that they have as much as 6 more weeks of veg growth left. If they do continue to grow they will be pretty big by then. I'm going to put pine bark on the soil as it's readily available but your idea of the feed bags is excellent particularly as I have so many empty dog kibble bags. Thanks for that buddy.

The 4 Gorilla Glue look as though they are just about to flower whereas the 6 Atomics are still in full veg. All doing amazingly well considering we are experiencing temps of 40c +. Still maintaining the feeding regime, 2 feeds & one flush of water only, spraying them twice a day. They are taking huge amounts of water which is hardly surprising.

All 14th July 2022.jpg

Thanks. I am learning new things all the time! Today I learned about sprouted barley SST. I was able to find a little bag of live purple barley seeds today at the natural food store... gonna sprout 'em tonight!

Do you think I have too much leaf on the other 2?
That first pic above... wow, really dense foliage. I personally wouldn't worry about defoliating/pruning until they are starting into flowering. The 2nd pic... interesting branching... did you top that plant?

I feel the dense foliage, and heavy consumption of water, is really helping cool the plants. ...transpiration from the foliage.

In general, if big, older fan leaves are blocking underlying bud sites, I will remove those.

Thanks. I am learning new things all the time! Today I learned about sprouted barley SST. I was able to find a little bag of live purple barley seeds today at the natural food store... gonna sprout 'em tonight!
We're never finished learning if we choose not to. I'm not a huge tea fan although it does sound interesting. I'm guessing you'll be making tea from the Barley?? Apart from my garden all I grow of that nature is Mung beans, (bean sprouts) Lovely on their own or in a salad & only take 2 days , 3 at the most.

Bean Sprouts.jpg

That first pic above... wow, really dense foliage. I personally wouldn't worry about defoliating/pruning until they are starting into flowering. The 2nd pic... interesting branching... did you top that plant?

I feel the dense foliage, and heavy consumption of water, is really helping cool the plants. ...transpiration from the foliage.

In general, if big, older fan leaves are blocking underlying bud sites, I will remove those.
I topped them all but only once, a couple maybe twice but am relatively new at it so erred on the side of caution. If/when I do another grow I will be more severe/conscientious. The last 2 are in flower or preflower at least. Thanks for the advice. :)

Well, they call it "enzyme tea," but I think it's just... grow some sprouts and put them in the blender w/ some water, then strain it and voila... liquid you can water into your pots, which provides some excellent enzymes that help the roots absorb nutrients. I hear it brings great results.

RE: topping... I've done very little of it... only lately I had to top my very tall plants to fit in the flower house. Next time around with their clones, I will do some early topping and try that. The branching on that 2nd plant of yours... looks excellent... nice buds coming!

Well, they call it "enzyme tea," but I think it's just... grow some sprouts and put them in the blender w/ some water, then strain it and voila... liquid you can water into your pots, which provides some excellent enzymes that help the roots absorb nutrients. I hear it brings great results.

RE: topping... I've done very little of it... only lately I had to top my very tall plants to fit in the flower house. Next time around with their clones, I will do some early topping and try that. The branching on that 2nd plant of yours... looks excellent... nice buds coming!
Oh I thought you were digressing & trying to impress me with your interesting & healthy diet. LoL The barley is for your plants. You.sure are committed to them. On the other hand my bean sprouts are purely for eating, my plants have their food & I have mine & I'm not sharing. On a more serious topic, I read your 'soil recipe' your dedication is unbelievable. :)

Back
Top Bottom