Jamaican Dreams

My, how they’ve grown. :battingeyelashes:

Jamaican 1.4 is the lass on the left.

I get those Jamaicans mixed up all the time. Lol! The one in the tent in soil is 1.3, the one in the Spa is 1.4. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I'm glad it's working well for her. I don't see anything in the terpene profile that says it's a sativa strain. What it is high in is caryophllene and humulene. Tangerine Dream from Barney's Farm has a similiar profile regarding those 2 terps. I have noticed those 2 terpenes tend to show up together and aren't dominate in many strains I've done. I tend to like strains that are high in those 2 terps.

I can't see much of a pattern in terps with sativas. The popular thinking is strains high Myrecene are indica dominate. That's is definitely not true. Malawi's main terp is Myrecene along with a few others I've tested. The only really sativa dominate terp I see is Terpinolene. Tikal is a good example of a strain high in Terpinolene, Durban Poison has it too. Terpinolene has that "sativa" smell I get from the pure sativas. The Jamaican has no terpinolene in it. I feel it's a hybrid that has stabilized in the Jamaican soil.

Reading this two years later, after digging deeper into the study of terpenes, it all makes so much more sense to me. Lol! I've discovered that all the strains I'm drawn to have Terpinolene in them too. And I now have a greater appreciation for this genetic line, with all that myrcene, caryophyllene and CBD in it. I'll be hanging on to a few seeds for that future day when I crank up the garden again.

Of which seed Sue, i ende up a bit confused then. I’m either not following you or you Think that neiko said the Jamaican is high in Terpinolene :hmmmm: . He said that terpinolene is one of the only sativa specific, or sativa defining, terp he has encountered and that the Jamaican has nothing to make him think it’s a sativa leaner. He did say the Jamaican was high in caryophellene and humulene... Am I missing something... LOL! (lots of DDA today ;) )

Of which seed Sue, i ende up a bit confused then. I’m either not following you or you Think that neiko said the Jamaican is high in Terpinolene :hmmmm: . He said that terpinolene is one of the only sativa specific, or sativa defining, terp he has encountered and that the Jamaican has nothing to make him think it’s a sativa leaner. He did say the Jamaican was high in caryophellene and humulene... Am I missing something... LOL! (lots of DDA today ;) )

Yeah..,, I wasn’t real clear there, and you under the influence of DDA and all. :laughtwo:

Neiko grew two out, and the one with dirty purple flowers was the pheno I also grew. I was hoping for an exotic Jamaican sativa for myself, but the labs came back high-CBD, high Myrcene, B-Caryophylene and Humulene, the classic hallmarks of an indica with CBD dominance.

Neiko has a lot of nugs tested, and he’s seen a pattern of sativas expressing Terpinoline, something I’ve also noted. Terpinoline usually comes along accompanied with other delightful terpene companions like Ocimene that have their own synergy and tend to be more open, expansive, and energetic - all those things we look for in a sativa.

Loving the DDA, aren’t you? :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom