JDubAllen's DWC Unknown Strain Grow Journal - 2015

I fixed it up with another toothpick post. I've got the stem sitting at a more organic angle now. I've used two posts to make a sort of Y-stand for the plant to stay up on.

Thats great, every other day or every day move it that lil bit more to the perfect position unless you managed it in one go. Just a question is that a cfl? how high is that above the plants, cfls wanna be anything from 2-12 inches from top of the plants in my experience

Herb

Day 15

Didn't have time to post last night. Busy with university stuff.
Anyway, it looks like most of the argy-bargy is over. The plants are happy, and appear to be getting firmer stems.
One thing I am noticing with the left plant is that (s)he likes to unwind off the post and just lean slightly. Since (s)he's not all floppy any more, I'm okay with this happening. Or should I try and keep the stem on the post for stability?

Day 14
141013.JPG

Day 15
151000.JPG

Days 16 & 17

Had a thing on last night until midnight, so I wasn't able to post.
But good news! Lefty is growing extremely well and is onto the 3rd pair of true leaves, as well as swiftly developing more.
And Righty has healed her snap well and is able to stand on her own weight again. I'v removed the posts from both plants now to stimulate greater stiffness in the stems, and I'm excited to see the little ones really start to explode with growth.

Yes, Righty is flopped over a bit, but she's able to stand up towards the light on her own now.

Oh, and I also dropped the light down so it's sitting about a foot above the plants.

Day 16
16293.JPG

Day 17
17270.JPG

Little Update

I'll post my daily thing later. Just thought I'd point out a few things now, seeing as I have a few hours to kill.

Firstly, I replaced the post on Righty quite soon after I removed it last night. Can't have a floppy plant; it ain't right.

Secondly, the plants are beginning to emit an odour already! Put your nose in the tent and you get that intoxicating smell instantly. I love it!

And finally, both plants have over the last day have begun to develop little green tabs just above their leaves. Just to check, because I've never grown cannabis before, I presume these are just more leaves beginning to grow in. Sadly my camera can shoot in HD, but struggles with focussing onto something that small. I'll try and get a picture later on.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what else there is to say.
Like I said, I'll post my usual stuff in a few hours.
Just wanted to make sure those tabs aren't signalling the plant is male or anything.

Anyway, that's all for now.
Peace!

R124.JPG

L124.JPG

My PC won't let me upload my photos. I've been having connectivity issues all day.
The plants haven't changed since my last post.
I'll post today's picture tomorrow.

Days 18 and 19.
No real change since my last big update. Just growth.
I'm going to change them over to a 100% nutrient solution tomorrow.

Day 18
18259.JPG

Day 19
19241.JPG

Day 20 & 21

Tonnes of new growth on Lefty! Like, holy crap!

But what's wrong with Righty? She's really flimsy and weak? Why?

Day 20
211004.JPG

Day 21
20202.JPG

Ok eventually the lil green tabs as you put it lol will turn into the branches n on them you get whats known as secondary nodes where the bud grows. As for righty I imagine shes just a weak plant, not alot you can do other than source out some immune additive or get a fan blowing gently around her

Herb :yummy:

Days 24 & 25

Growing so much! So proud!
It also appears that they're beginning to develop their first stipules, which is exciting. At this rate I'll be able to sex the plants in a week or so! Please be girls, please be girls!

Day 24
24193.JPG

Day 25
25190.JPG

Days 26 & 27

These babies are really starting to bush out now!

Oh and Herby. The seeds I'm using were some random bagweed seeds. They may be femmed for all I know. Just hoping for the best, really.

Day 26
26182.JPG

Day 27
27179.JPG

Days 29-31

So... holy crap! These two are just exploding with new growth! Every time I open the tent I'm seeing new branches growing, with new leaves growing on them!

So, I may as well bring it up now. At what point should I start using some grow strategies? I was thinking of FIMing or topping these two for extra bud growth. What do you folks think?

Also! Judging by the leaves and height so far, are we thinking Indica or Sativa?

Day 29
29165.JPG

Day 30
30143.JPG

Day 31
31808.JPG

Back
Top Bottom