JimmyCricket's 1st Indoor Grow - Chemdog D & White Rhino x Blackberry

Re: JimmyCrickets 1st Indoor Grow - Chemdog D & White Rhino x Blackberry

I have a terrible record with clones and there is never an obvious reason why it fails :(

I have a terrible record with clones and there is never an obvious reason why it fails :(

trying too hard...:cheesygrinsmiley:..do you sterilize tools..idk wtf..i seen growers pinch off cuttings with their nails and stick it in dirt...

did, with new scissors no less.

On day 10 and things look nearly the same as they did 10 days ago, except they have grown slightly bigger.

However I did just scroll back to check on just how many days it took last time when i did have a few successes. Started on 21st of feb and saw roots on the 11th of march.

Fast forward to now and those 5 gimpy ass clones that basically took 20 days before being able to be put in dirt and now they are really nice looking.

So I am on day 10 now yeah, but last round took about double that. So maybe I just need to let nature run its course and hope they root.

Its just always hearing people say they get 4 day roots and 3 day roots, makes me wonder what i can improve to also get those.

another difference is these are under 24/7 light and have a dedicated 2 foot t5 about 5 inches above the dome

While the last batch was in 18/6 light under way more lighting.

I guess we will see... :(

dont roots grow during the dark cycle?

To an extent, but 90% of clones use 24/7. and its not like a plant grown under 24/7 veg has no roots.

nope not logical:) still think it needs dark but I dont grow or try to grow clones. so I'm out
To an extent, but 90% of clones use 24/7. and its not like a plant grown under 24/7 veg has no roots.

well if i thought less light would be beneficial i would definitely use it, i got plenty of timers. However nearly every professional clone grow uses 24/7 as do most hobby growers too.

Why, tbh i dont know lol. Then again most people think 24/7 veg lights are retarded, but weed certainly grows very fast when under 24/7.

I stopped using 24/7 in my tent and now use 16/8 (save some $) but the plants did just fine and had a lot of roots under 24/7.

I have heard a lot of things both good and bad about 24/7 only semi scientific study i have seen had to do with root mass.

Even though they say roots grow in dark I will say that i personally can remember the craziest root growth in 24/7. Like transplanting a plant into a bigger pot then within 3-5 days roots are already comming out of the bottom of the new pot.

Personally all I seen is more lightbill overall with 24/7 though, i wouldnt venture as far as to say it was worse. But its not noticably better and I recently switched from 18/6 to 16/8. honestly they seem to like that even more.

But as for the clones iono. I know many use 24/7 for cuttings, i rarely see people using 18/6 or even 16/8 for it. I am not an expert or even close with clones, i frankly suck ass. Maybe next time I will use bottled water as ive used tap, or ro already. See if I can find the elusive 5 day roots.

Maybe you just have hard strains to clone? As for the light I run 16/8 for clones and vegging. Then mid of veg I switch to 12/1. Sativas grow better under 16/8-18/6. So I may run 16/8 this whole veg since I have more sativas then indicas this go round.

What ever keeps my light bill low and do the job ill use

Maybe you just have hard strains to clone? As for the light I run 16/8 for clones and vegging. Then mid of veg I switch to 12/1. Sativas grow better under 16/8-18/6. So I may run 16/8 this whole veg since I have more sativas then indicas this go round.

What ever keeps my light bill low and do the job ill use

nature at most even in mid of summer has like 16/8 and thats in dead of summer (unless you live in north or south pole lol) I like the idea of 14/10 or 15/9 myself. my plants outside are in that and dont seem to want to flower. It would really only flower the most southern or northern of weed anyways. I have heard of some sativas that wont even flower until like 11.5/12.5 or even 11/13.

Nothing wrong with GLR, ive heard its terrible to clone with but besides that its good for vegging.

About to have one of the biggest updates ever soon. Lots of pics.

J-13
DSCN7575.JPG
DSCN7583.JPG
DSCN7587.JPG
DSCN7601.JPG
Deep Sleeps
DSCN7593.JPG
3 Chem D and one Deep Sleep.
DSCN7595.JPG

Re: JimmyCrickets 1st indoor grow. Chemdog D and White Rhino x Blackberry

nice! are the purple stems a concern? I read it is normal only in certain strains. thoughts on this purple
So been 5 days. They seem to finally be getting used to their new home, still havent been able to water them though :(. In two days I will hit them with some water even if the soil is still slightly moist, that way I know they will get some b-1 and superthrive possibly a drop of silica too. But no nutes. The soil has plenty of nutes for their size.

Heres some pics. They seem happy. Even the broke stem seems to have healed and it might even pull through.

DSCN6026.JPG
DSCN6027.JPG
DSCN6029.JPG

Here is brokestem. Keep in mind I basically cut the entire plant off from the stem right above the rockwool cube. But I just took off the bracers and gave the stem a few light flicks, and it seems to have reattached itself :).

DSCN6023.JPG

Then here is the two plants I got for a friend. the bigger one is NYCD the smaller is Og Kush.

DSCN6025.JPG

Purple stems just means you are feeding them a bit too hot. On lil plants I tend to do it often, never gets me down and it gos away once the plant is bigger.

However KGB those plants are long long gone now lol :). still growing some Chem D but its newer plants. Those girls from page one are RIP as the frost got em.

Back
Top Bottom