JMRL Says Hi

Not criticism but an observation that those are pretty big pots for plants that size and not all that robust. Be very careful watering it as it's going to be easy to drown the things.
THANKS man. I appreciate that I was debating on watering :D

That's why im here, to get some advice and constructive criticism. I've been growing a bit but It's so much I do not know.

Try to keep the stress as low as possible untill you get some bigger leaves bud..
also topping clones is near pointless.. once plants reach a mature age their nodes start to stagger instead of being side by side so all your doing is cutting the the plant back and loosing a bud site. I think LST, super crop, scrog are better for clones but once they've grown a fair bit.

when you grow from seed and the nodes are side by side that's the best time to top as you will double your tops.

Gotcha, low stress. Need to let them heal :D thanks mate

I always use Myco when I uppot. It helps with the shock of being transplanted and really accelerates the root growth. CL🍀

I will need to look into that. Let me google It :D

Hey there fellow growers! 🌿 I've got a few queries about my temp situation. I'm already familiar with the trusty PFD Chart, but I'm eager to hear some seasoned growers' perspectives 😄 Here are my specs for reference. Do these ranges seem good for my little plant babies transitioning from clone seedlings to the veg stage?

Room/Tent Temperature
: 80-85°F (27-29°C) - Lights Off 63-67°F (17-19°C)
Relative Humidity: 75% - Lights Off, aiming for 65% ✨

Hey there fellow growers! 🌿 I've got a few queries about my temp situation. I'm already familiar with the trusty PFD Chart, but I'm eager to hear some seasoned growers' perspectives 😄 Here are my specs for reference. Do these ranges seem good for my little plant babies transitioning from clone seedlings to the veg stage?

Room/Tent Temperature: 80-85°F (27-29°C) - Lights Off 63-67°F (17-19°C)
Relative Humidity: 75% - Lights Off, aiming for 65% ✨
Damn near perfect I'd say. :thumb:
Right now I am struggling to get the Humidity down past 73 with the lights off, MY Humidifier does not start auto after the power is switched on, so I can not use a timer on it and turn it off at night which is a bummer. Soon I am to take it apart and put a jumper on the positive and that button. So that will fix the problem hopefully :D ? ?

Does anyone mess with much electronics?

Anyways. Will that be too much humidity?

Also, I measured and Im getting 600 PPFD is this a good start for the babies

You could put a switch inline or plug it into a smart plug.. they even do extension leads with switched sockets to save the trouble..
I use a humidistat which you can set your rh and it will turn the humidifier on once it drops below your set point. it works with both humid and dehumid.
what's your ambient RH?

Edit: 600ppfd is for full veg mode your little leaves will want 100 to 200ppfd being so small

Little Update And Question before I start my Journal.
PXL_20231017_184928872.jpg

Does this look like Powdery Mildew?
The reason I ask it's the 2nd time I've had to remove the infected leaves, I am 85% certain I got the entire bunch this go around. The leaf with the burn was an earlier development as you might remember, this is where I believe the substance carried over.

Would spraying with a water-soluble sulfur be a good route with some neem for other pests?

Spray the soil and leaves tops and bottoms :D

When I turn the lights off will it be a good time to spray?

All of this seems feasible But a little input from the community wouldn't hurt. To get that knowledge sometimes you must ask
PXL_20231017_184315189.jpg

This is the two, one after I scalped the infected.. It was no residuals past from cross-contamination, hopefully. fingerscrossed
PXL_20231017_184319207.jpg
PXL_20231017_184335126.jpg

Little Update And Question before I start my Journal.
PXL_20231017_184928872.jpg

Does this look like Powdery Mildew?
The reason I ask it's the 2nd time I've had to remove the infected leaves, I am 85% certain I got the entire bunch this go around. The leaf with the burn was an earlier development as you might remember, this is where I believe the substance carried over.

Would spraying with a water-soluble sulfur be a good route with some neem for other pests?

Spray the soil and leaves tops and bottoms :D

When I turn the lights off will it be a good time to spray?

All of this seems feasible But a little input from the community wouldn't hurt. To get that knowledge sometimes you must ask
PXL_20231017_184315189.jpg

This is the two, one after I scalped the infected.. It was no residuals past from cross-contamination, hopefully. fingerscrossed
PXL_20231017_184319207.jpg
PXL_20231017_184335126.jpg

ALSO I have a fan blowing on them 24/7 with a good amount of airflow, this is a worry of mine also maybe it not being as simple as mildew

You could put a switch inline or plug it into a smart plug.. they even do extension leads with switched sockets to save the trouble..
I use a humidistat which you can set your rh and it will turn the humidifier on once it drops below your set point. it works with both humid and dehumid.
what's your ambient RH?

Edit: 600ppfd is for full veg mode your little leaves will want 100 to 200ppfd being so small
I Pulled the light back a bit for them at the moment, I try to stay around 68-74

The whole tent is controlled by the VivioSun Hub, The only issue Im having as of yet is adding custom Sensors. I have emailed them in hopes of working with them to get an API Maybe :D

Its a AIO Device? Your De/humidifier What's the model if so? My Humidifier will keep a certain level but the censor in the machine is not calibrating with the room sensors. So Its a game of cat and mouse catching the correct variable to use :D

Plants are looking better now can see some good new growth.

To control my heater and humidifier I use the Elitech STC-1000WiFi which works great. It can also be used with dehumidifier aswell. 👍 just leave the dehumidifier on max and let this device control it.

Plants are looking better now can see some good new growth.

To control my heater and humidifier I use the Elitech STC-1000WiFi which works great. It can also be used with dehumidifier aswell. 👍 just leave the dehumidifier on max and let this device control it.
That is exactly how my custom hub does it, with a Raspberry Pi and esp32 and an atomizer in a bucket. This is for my shroomies though lol SPEAKING of Fungi

The mycelium is going crazy in my smart bags. would I need to worry about dryness between waterings? I need to go ahead and create that top layer for them, I have been debating on the method. Thanks again! .

Still pondering my question about the white mildew looking substance from above # 26

That is exactly how my custom hub does it, with a Raspberry Pi and esp32 and an atomizer in a bucket. This is for my shroomies though lol SPEAKING of Fungi

The mycelium is going crazy in my smart bags. would I need to worry about dryness between waterings? I need to go ahead and create that top layer for them, I have been debating on the method. Thanks again! .

Still pondering my question about the white mildew looking substance from above # 26
No mildew on those leaves

Hello to everyone!

Fascinated with growing, avid light seeker, and an analytical thinker. What do you get? OCD ? Nah! Its just me :D

Thanks, guys for all the knowledge I've gained just browsing the forums.. I look forward to meeting new mates.
Welcome, jmrl! I'm new here, too. It's quite an adventure. Quite a learning experience here.

Back
Top Bottom