JMRL Says Hi

jmrl

Hello to everyone!

Fascinated with growing, avid light seeker, and an analytical thinker. What do you get? OCD ? Nah! Its just me :D

Thanks, guys for all the knowledge I've gained just browsing the forums.. I look forward to meeting new mates.

Welcome to 420mag :welcome:
Are you growing already or planning on getting started?
I am growing
I have two clones from a previous one I was growing this summer, I had to stop growing in 2021 due to moving and recently have gotten a chance to set up my stuff once again.

I will start a Grow Journal soon, hope to join in on all the fun around here you peeps be having :D

GL HF AND SMILE!

Hello to everyone!

Fascinated with growing, avid light seeker, and an analytical thinker. What do you get? OCD ? Nah! Its just me :D

Thanks, guys for all the knowledge I've gained just browsing the forums.. I look forward to meeting new mates.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
Hope you enjoy yourself here :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I am growing
I have two clones from a previous one I was growing this summer, I had to stop growing in 2021 due to moving and recently have gotten a chance to set up my stuff once again.

I will start a Grow Journal soon, hope to join in on all the fun around here you peeps be having :D

GL HF AND SMILE!
Nice bro I bet that feels good to be back at it! What strains are you growing and what's your growing style? I'm just about to try RDWC but sat here waiting for my clones 😂

Welcome to 420 Magazine @jmrl

What style of growing doing you enjoy, soil, water or something else?
Do you have any image you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Nice bro I bet that feels good to be back at it! What strains are you growing and what's your growing style? I'm just about to try RDWC but sat here waiting for my clones 😂
Honestly I do not know the strain. I ran across the seed and when purchased a few g's from a shop. I don't recall.
Read Below for rest of your question mate
Welcome to 420 Magazine @jmrl

What style of growing doing you enjoy, soil, water or something else?
Do you have any image you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

FIRST OFF
Thanks for the welcome!
I enjoy both tek's . I have done quite a bit of hydro in the past, it was my mother's choice so we set her tent up as I managed it. Mine has always been soil. I create the soil out of compost, leaf mold, urea, ash, sulfur, shell meal, crab meal, horse manure, and red worms. More but I do not recall atm as I have been trying to take better notes, please don't scald me :D

I have some photos of my last winter's small grow and this summer which was attacked by caterpillars and it was my first time dealing with so I harvested and took the lost before a major infestation. It turned out well I got about 3 ounces. For my setup, I believe that was decent.

With a shot of my new tent I just put up with the Grow hub from Viviosun. I have been a proud supporter of them for a while now. As I have purchased 3 setups from them for other setups I helped with. Heck Yeah, and you can edit :D

THIS IS WHY I NEED THE EDIT: LAWL

About my current growth I haven't got much of a shot except for one that I took trying to diagnose a problem, which is the first photo.. The rest are from past summer and winter.
PXL_20231005_162450249.jpg

PXL_20220822_195554881.jpg
PXL_20220817_161236588.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20220821_201738254.jpg
PXL_20230906_130628585~2.jpg
PXL_20230908_003952616.jpg
PXL_20230922_194546615.jpg
PXL_20230922_194603423(1).jpg

Honestly I do not know the strain. I ran across the seed and when purchased a few g's from a shop. I don't recall.

FIRST OFF
Thanks for the welcome!
I enjoy both tek's . I have done quite a bit of hydro in the past, it was my mother's choice so we set her tent up as I managed it. Mine has always been soil. I create the soil out of compost, leaf mold, urea, ash, sulfur, shell meal, crab meal, horse manure, and red worms. More but I do not recall atm as I have been trying to take better notes, please don't scald me :D

I have some photos of my last winter's small grow and this summer which was attacked by caterpillars and it was my first time dealing with so I harvested and took the lost before a major infestation. It turned out well I got about 3 ounces. For my setup, I believe that was decent.

With a shot of my new tent I just put up with the Grow hub from Viviosun. I have been a proud supporter of them for a while now. As I have purchased 3 setups from them for other setups I helped with. Heck Yeah, and you can edit :D

About my current growth I haven't got much of a shot except for one that I took trying to diagnose a problem, which is the first photo.. The rest are from past summer and winter.

Your previous grow turned out alright bro nice 👌 decent looking buds. :goodjob:
The recent pic looks like your soil is too hot or your environment isn't correct.
Was your clones kep under a dome to keep the humidity high? And light on low? They need less light then a seedling and plenty of moisture.

And how long do you let the mix sit before planting?
I try to have it made at least a month before. This one was a bit longer, I believe it was nUte:morenutes: deficiency, I made a tea and it perked right back up. Also, I raised my light about 6" also. I think it could have something to do with it also.

Your previous grow turned out alright bro nice 👌 decent looking buds. :goodjob:
The recent pic looks like your soil is too hot or your environment isn't correct.
Was your clones kep under a dome to keep the humidity high? And light on low? They need less light then a seedling and plenty of moisture.
When I went on Vacation I had one whole day where it was 40% and 86F avg - I have fixed sense and I try to stay at around .8-1.2 VPD Range

The humidity was kept at around 70% with a dim bulb light. But with humidity at a constant 70%+. They did not have a dome. but I was diligent in keeping it humid

I will also invest in a dome system with sprayers feeding water to my roots. I created a similar version about 8 years ago when it was not found. But it worked beautifully. Nowadays it's just as cheap just about to make, unless you have the parts lying around.

I will post a pic of the new baby soon :D I fed her again this am with a light tea same as before and I am waiting to see what happens. Wish me luck lol

QUESTION:(anyone)
Would you guys recommend covering the soil up ? Maybe with a black plastic to keep light off it. Its going to be in the Fabric 5gal Bag. I would like to continue to bottom feed. I was going to place some rocks in a container and set them down in it. I can customize the lid to fit on it or use a piece of plastic. Just Curious

Keep smiling

I try to have it made at least a month before. This one was a bit longer, I believe it was nUte:morenutes: deficiency, I made a tea and it perked right back up. Also, I raised my light about 6" also. I think it could have something to do with it also.

When I went on Vacation I had one whole day where it was 40% and 86F avg - I have fixed sense and I try to stay at around .8-1.2 VPD Range

The humidity was kept at around 70% with a dim bulb light. But with humidity at a constant 70%+. They did not have a dome. but I was diligent in keeping it humid

I will also invest in a dome system with sprayers feeding water to my roots. I created a similar version about 8 years ago when it was not found. But it worked beautifully. Nowadays it's just as cheap just about to make, unless you have the parts lying around.

I will post a pic of the new baby soon :D I fed her again this am with a light tea same as before and I am waiting to see what happens. Wish me luck lol

Would you guys recommend covering the soil up ? Maybe with a black plastic to keep light off it. Its going to be in the Fabric 5gal Bag. I would like to continue to bottom feed. I was going to place some rocks in a container and set them down in it. I can customize the lid to fit on it or use a piece of plastic. Just Curious

Keep smiling
Good luck 😂
I think covering the top helps keep moisture higher up in the pots helping grow more roots higher. Also help with bugs I believe but my knowledge on organic isn't the best. Not sure of any negatives 👍

I do. I use compost as a mulch and mist it twice a day to keep it moist. I get top roots growing all through that layer when I do. I add worm castings weekly right on top of that layer and mist them in. I do rough the mulch up periodically as well to keep the top layer from crusting and to allow more oxygen in.

I do. I use compost as a mulch and mist it twice a day to keep it moist. I get top roots growing all through that layer when I do. I add worm castings weekly right on top of that layer and mist them in. I do rough the mulch up periodically as well to keep the top layer from crusting and to allow more oxygen in.
Good luck 😂
I think covering the top helps keep moisture higher up in the pots helping grow more roots higher. Also help with bugs I believe but my knowledge on organic isn't the best. Not sure of any negatives 👍
Thanks!
I will do that, come to think of it. I added compost to my outdoor plants many times and after I harvested and took the roots ball out of the dirt I noticed how the roots were growing up. I loved that!!

So I have transplanted the bugers to my 5 gals. I finally got them looking healthy. I did go ahead and top both sides. So that will leave me at 4 branches, so One more and I'll have my lucky number.
PXL_20231007_175140053.jpg
PXL_20231007_171645006.MP.jpg

Any criticism is welcome.

If I haven't invited you yet you should come check out #SIP Club. On page two of that thread I have a diy design post to explain how to build your own.

Super simple and you'll get perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself. Your plants are struggling a bit likely due to several factors, but watering is likely at the top of the list.

Thanks!
I will do that, come to think of it. I added compost to my outdoor plants many times and after I harvested and took the roots ball out of the dirt I noticed how the roots were growing up. I loved that!!

So I have transplanted the bugers to my 5 gals. I finally got them looking healthy. I did go ahead and top both sides. So that will leave me at 4 branches, so One more and I'll have my lucky number.
PXL_20231007_175140053.jpg
PXL_20231007_171645006.MP.jpg

Any criticism is welcome.
Try to keep the stress as low as possible untill you get some bigger leaves bud..
also topping clones is near pointless.. once plants reach a mature age their nodes start to stagger instead of being side by side so all your doing is cutting the the plant back and loosing a bud site. I think LST, super crop, scrog are better for clones but once they've grown a fair bit.

when you grow from seed and the nodes are side by side that's the best time to top as you will double your tops.

FIRST OFF
Thanks for the welcome!

I always use Myco when I uppot. It helps with the shock of being transplanted and really accelerates the root growth. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom