Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Infrastructure Complete!!!

Ok, the 3x3 is ready to rock and roll, which is good considering the Banana Sherbet was working on its tail this morning. It’s on!

We will be doing the straight 7 gallon pot in this tent as there’s simply not enough space for the pyramid. The two pots in the big tent when the time comes will be the one pyramid and the one whatever it is.

I really can’t stand these store bought stretchy nets for tents. Garbage. But it’ll do.

7EBE0C0A-25F8-4F47-9F7B-BAC9F889F59F.jpeg

A1F3E1DA-7C75-4083-BB38-AC0803CCBF8F.jpeg

0903CC5B-58F0-410D-834F-8ABFB79648AF.jpeg

You need to work on your pictures.

I prefer the ones with the pretty flowers in them. Please and thank you.

:rofl:
Lol. I am going cut one more pvc piece for the left side. That’s driving me crazy already. That’s going to support that side and allow me to eliminate the gap on the left on the net. And worry not @Azimuth, soon enough. Of course we already know I have zero chance of making 3 lbs. But I betcha I get pretty close.

I'd say the chances are much better than zero. Much better. Either way it's gonna be fun watching you try! :popcorn:

And I actually do like the infrastructure pics as I like clever solutions to challenges, and you've had some good ones.

Pseudo Coco Hempy Rig Setup

Ok, so I have some work to do yet, but I now have all the parts. Here’s what I have in mind for whatever you wish to label this setup:

1. Empty 30gallon heavy black plastic tote.

2. 8 gallon plastic pot. I will be cleaning this out and drilling 1/2” holes all along the sides of the pot, so it’ll look like an AirPot on the bottom only. The holes will go as high as where the water table can be.

3. I will use this. It will be drilled also full of holes everywhere and the wheels removed. This separates our coco up top from the water underneath.

4. Under that separator, there will be this small air rock. It’s for a 10-gallon aquarium and will be plenty enough to blast the crap out of the roots with oxygen in the two/three gallon water space.

5. Here’s the pump and output for the air rock, which will simply line up and out of the pot and through a small hole drilled at the top of the pot where it needs to come out.

6. That leaves this much room up top for coco/perlite. It’s about 4 gallons.

7. Then we cut out a hole in the lid so it seals and is dark. The top of the large pot will just clear the lid of the tote with a nice sea of coco on top. Then on top of that we place this pot as the top of our “layer cake” pot setup (the pyramid we discussed earlier), and cut off the pot bottom at transplant and “screw it in to” the ready larger pot. This gives us a 7 of coco (roughly) with a two gallon red underneath.

So then I am going to try, once the roots hit water, just keeping the tote filled to the root line, and see if we can get away with simply changing it out every three days. It’ll take about a five gallon bucket each time.

Is that enough to give you all the idea here?

This will either be spectacular or be an epic fail.

@Verbalist

Banana Sherbet is in the coco!

Here’s my pot prep (even in the Solo cup). All the pots in this grow are prepped pretty much like this. This montage takes us from start to finish including the planting.

1. Empty Solo cup

2. Coco

3. Perlite #3

4. Bokashi

5. Frass

6. Coco (Mother Earth coco/perlite @ 70/30)

7. Bokashi

8. Frass

9. Perlite

10. Top off with coco

The medium is then activated with water, Fox Farms Microbe Brew, cal mag plus iron, and Easy Weed seaweed supplement. I also added half a tsp each of Prescription Blend Core A and Core B.

11. Then we make a divot

12. Poke a smaller hole inside the divot

13. Drop sprout

14. Manipulate tail into smaller hole so it’s down in coco to the seed coat

15. Cover and wait!

There you go. It’s on.

A Word on the Sponsors Involved in this Grow…

There are three sponsored products helping to power this grow.

- @Prescription Blend nutrients are out nutes. Their coco performance in my experience is unparalleled. I have yet to have a leaf with a blemish when using these fabulous nutes.

- @NextLight 420h. This is our sun. It’s such an amazing light when you cram it in a 3x3. The plants live the spectrum and grow extremely quickly. I have yet to find a downside to this light.

- @Blue Planet Nutrients - I use a few of BPs supplements, the Easy Weed seaweed supplement (a staple, awesome product) and the CalMag Pro formula when warranted.

All three of these sponsored products or sets have repeatedly performed immensely well for me and I would highly recommend any of them. Just be careful with the cal
Mag Pro - it’s hot.

Thanks to our sponsors and all they do for us here. The NextLight came via a contest win! You guys do a great job and your efforts are very much appreciated.

Edit: I forgot, I meant FOUR sponsors! The pots I’m using came from @GeoPot. For my money they’re the best cloth pots made!

The nute uptake and your water uptake are going to drastically change the ph. How are you going to fix that? I’m not trying to be a ass just asking!
That’s a good question, @Coloradocoolaid, and thank you. I honestly don’t know yet. I’ve never done anything like this. The idea in part was to make it super easy. You seem to be of the mind that simply switching out the water every however many days will cause ph drift issues, which as far as I can see is the lone issue with the setup. I also see that issue potentially, and likely many watching are thinking the same thing. And it’s a big one. Got any ideas to share?

I love a high yielding Auto! Let's see this magic happen... :popcorn: :morenutes:

:hookah:

First, the three strains.

Forbidden Runtz Double XL auto
Banana Sherbet Double XL auto
Watermelon WeddingCake Double XL auto

All are from Growers Choice. All will be grown in coco. The Banana Sherbet will be in the 3x3 under the @NextLight 420h. The Forbidden Runtz and Watermelon WeddingCake will be in the 5x5 under my prime light. All will be fed with @Prescription Blend nutrients.

Other folks are growing these too and I just did a WWC, so I will spare you the strain breakdown. If you’re interested, go to the Growers Choice website and look up the strains. The pertinent point is that all are XXLs. Only with this genetic could one go for three pounds off three autos imho.
I just went to G C website and I could not find the strains you are growing???

Ha! Many get stuck. I did too at first. GC has a US and a UK site. They only sell the XXLs on the UK site. You gotta go there.

Never mind... Apparently there are two websites with the same name... One of them is a .com which is where I first looked.

Ha! Many get stuck. I did too at first. GC has a US and a UK site. They only sell the XXLs on the UK site. You gotta go there.
Ya, just figured it out. Thanks it's early here...

:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom