Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Lofty goals.
If this were me trying to grow 3 autos, it would go more like.
1 plant stunted , 1 thumb sized bud, 2 gr.
1 plant about 6-7 oz.
1 plant about 8 oz

Id be lucky to get 1 pound from 3 autos
I think it has a lot to do with genetics... I know you have your LOS dialed in. I finished a 4 plant 20 gallon pots LOS Auto grow & harvested around 22 ounces. One of the plants "Orange cookies Auto" from breeder Tastebudz, ended up around 8 ounces cured bud.

Yes and if you get a 5 pack they give you +2. Are you in the USA? If so what payment method did you use?

Hey Vegan! Yes I'm in the US and paid with a Visa card no problems . I tried using that same card at Herbies and some other EU sites and it didn't go through and I'm still not sure why, something about security. I'm not even sure who stopped the transactions although they never got as far as my bank. I'm growing their Forbidden Runtz XXL right now and it's going to be a nice sized auto. Plus I love the name lol... good luck!

Looking good @Jon

Nothing like setting the bar high, a pound a plant for auto's; go big or go home. :rofl:
It sound like you have a well thought out plan, it should be interesting.

Maybe, I will pepper you this time, just kidding. :rofl:

I will be around this looks like it may be fun.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Oh ya, I agree with you on those store bought nets; I have one an never used it.

Lofty goals.
If this were me trying to grow 3 autos, it would go more like.
1 plant stunted , 1 thumb sized bud, 2 gr.
1 plant about 6-7 oz.
1 plant about 8 oz

Id be lucky to get 1 pound from 3 autos
I hear you but I respectfully disagree. I’ve seen what you can do and you have all the skills to do it anytime. I believe you need an XXL genetic, and either coco, DWC or hempy. Don’t think it can be done in soil with an auto. All I did to get basically 14 ounces from Titan was put her in a 5 of coco and feed, top, and train. That’s it. I did nothing a beginner grower even couldn’t do. It takes a bit of commitment, and time, and money spent on nutes, and a lot of lugging water, but that’s it. You can surely do anything I can do and then some. Point is if I can do it, anyone can. This Banana Sherbet who should break ground by tomorrow is simple a 7 of coco and a scrog. See what I mean? It’s just basic skills. You have them in droves.

Looking good @Jon

Nothing like setting the bar high, a pound a plant for auto's; go big or go home. :rofl:
It sound like you have a well thought out plan, it should be interesting.

Maybe, I will pepper you this time, just kidding. :rofl:

I will be around this looks like it may be fun.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Oh ya, I agree with you on those store bought nets; I have one an never used it.
Thanks @Tokin Roll - honored to have you here and any input you have along the way is awesome. Thanks!

I think it has a lot to do with genetics... I know you have your LOS dialed in. I finished a 4 plant 20 gallon pots LOS Auto grow & harvested around 22 ounces. One of the plants "Orange cookies Auto" from breeder Tastebudz, ended up around 8 ounces cured bud.
That’s a good haul and before Titan would beat my previous of 7.3. Until the XXL genetics I would not have believed it possible, although guys like Rexer get HUGE auto yields all the time.

I hear you but I respectfully disagree. I’ve seen what you can do and you have all the skills to do it anytime. I believe you need an XXL genetic, and either coco, DWC or hempy. Don’t think it can be done in soil with an auto. All I did to get basically 14 ounces from Titan was put her in a 5 of coco and feed, top, and train. That’s it. I did nothing a beginner grower even couldn’t do. It takes a bit of commitment, and time, and money spent on nutes, and a lot of lugging water, but that’s it. You can surely do anything I can do and then some. Point is if I can do it, anyone can. This Banana Sherbet who should break ground by tomorrow is simple a 7 of coco and a scrog. See what I mean? It’s just basic skills. You have them in droves.
Appreciate the vote of confidence.
I have a 10 gallon in the corner of my grow space that I might convert to a coco pot and try this in a future grow.

3 x 3 Infrastructure Tweaks
Decisions on Scrogging

Ok, so I installed the final PVC bar, once I did the left side yesterday I had to do the front. So the upper screen is in and ready.

I am going to do a two screen scrog. I believe that it’s the only way to get a pound from the number of colas we can fit.

A few scrog/training opinions/philosophy come into play in that decision.

1. I am not 100% convinced that a scrog will beat other training methods automatically every time, in terms of yield. Titan was no scrog, nor were my other high yielders in the past. But to train this BS as Titan, there’s simply not enough vertical space. I have to scrog her to have a shot. Damn cheap ass 6’ tall tent.

2. That said, I also believe that the more buds sites you develop, the smaller each bud in the scrog will be. The plant only has X to give you genetically. The more you dilute X the smaller each one is cuz at the end of the day it all still adds up to X.

3. Therefore I need to find the balance point, where the number of colas allows each to get huge. I set that number in the 25-30 tops range - a lot fewer than we could cram in there. But each has to get big. So fewer and bigger colas in the screen is the idea.

4. But in addition to nailing that balance point of colas, we also need each of those colas to have as much stem under them as possible. The bigger the stem, the bigger the bud. Think about your scrog if you had buds in your canopy that you made by redistributing a shoot off a large branch. I used to do it like that. Use them to fill the middle. But those buds never have much stem, and never get near as big as the others. We need each cola here to be legit, per se. So we need length of stem.

5. Which bring a us to the decision to two screen it. I will install the lower screen about 6” under the upper one and create the scrog entirely on the lower screen, alm the way to completion, then allow the colas to each grow straight up to the screen above. That should give us the buffer zone between the screens with lots of individual stems coming through.

That’s how I see it and how I’m playing it. Any comments, criticism, or calling me an idiot are quite welcome, although if you’re going to do that please support your opinion. :rofl:

3 x 3 Infrastructure Tweaks
Decisions on Scrogging

Ok, so I installed the final PVC bar, once I did the left side yesterday I had to do the front. So the upper screen is in and ready.

I am going to do a two screen scrog. I believe that it’s the only way to get a pound from the number of colas we can fit.

A few scrog/training opinions/philosophy come into play in that decision.

1. I am not 100% convinced that a scrog will beat other training methods automatically every time, in terms of yield. Titan was no scrog, nor were my other high yielders in the past. But to train this BS as Titan, there’s simply not enough vertical space. I have to scrog her to have a shot. Damn cheap ass 6’ tall tent.

2. That said, I also believe that the more buds sites you develop, the smaller each bud in the scrog will be. The plant only has X to give you genetically. The more you dilute X the smaller each one is cuz at the end of the day it all still adds up to X.

3. Therefore I need to find the balance point, where the number of colas allows each to get huge. I set that number in the 25-30 tops range - a lot fewer than we could cram in there. But each has to get big. So fewer and bigger colas in the screen is the idea.

4. But in addition to nailing that balance point of colas, we also need each of those colas to have as much stem under them as possible. The bigger the stem, the bigger the bud. Think about your scrog if you had buds in your canopy that you made by redistributing a shoot off a large branch. I used to do it like that. Use them to fill the middle. But those buds never have much stem, and never get near as big as the others. We need each cola here to be legit, per se. So we need length of stem.

5. Which bring a us to the decision to two screen it. I will install the lower screen about 6” under the upper one and create the scrog entirely on the lower screen, alm the way to completion, then allow the colas to each grow straight up to the screen above. That should give us the buffer zone between the screens with lots of individual stems coming through.

That’s how I see it and how I’m playing it. Any comments, criticism, or calling me an idiot are quite welcome, although if you’re going to do that please support your opinion. :rofl:
U thinking right. Be my guess anyway. Problem will be when u do how long will plant be stunned. That going be ur issue. Cause auto don't wait for anything

Everyone wants the big buds.
The bigger the stem, the bigger the bud

I used to and now I prefer them smaller. Why? Simple, the bigger the stem, the more stem weight you get. I want smokable stuff, not stems :cheesygrinsmiley: :cool:

I used to and now I prefer them smaller. Why? Simple, the bigger the stem, the more stem weight you get. I want smokable stuff, not stems :cheesygrinsmiley: :cool:
Also less of a chance of bud rot...

:hookah:

Also less of a chance of bud rot...

:hookah:
Nah, he's got a big dehumidifier running, he should be safe from bud rot.
A pound per auto is a lofty goal. But lofty goals are what pushes limits, and sets the bar higher.
I average between 150-250g dried and cured per auto, just about every time. My biggest to date was 271g dried and cured.
My last three autos came up to a bit over 600g (dried and cured) if I remember correctly (too lazy today to look it up). And those were grown in re-purposed kitty litter containers :laugh:

Lol. More stem = More smokable stiff.

Nah, he's got a big dehumidifier running, he should be safe from bud rot.
A pound per auto is a lofty goal. But lofty goals are what pushes limits, and sets the bar higher.
I average between 150-250g dried and cured per auto, just about every time. My biggest to date was 271g dried and cured.
My last three autos came up to a bit over 600g (dried and cured) if I remember correctly (too lazy today to look it up). And those were grown in re-purposed kitty litter containers :laugh:
This is what I’m saying. I just seem to get better results when I put pressure on myself with some sort of hardish to reach goal. So of course I won’t make three pounds. Three different strains with two untested grow methods and I’ve only ever grown one of the three. It’s impossible. But maybe it’s about the journey and not the finish line. Rex you know you can pull an elbow from an auto with XXL genetics, just doing what you do.

If I was getting yields like you guys I'd be burning half or more in the backyard firepit! All I want is 2.5z's per plant and I'm not even doing that. You may not get 3lbs Jon but I'd put the over/under at 2.7. I'll take the over :goof:
I know I'm mixed on it. If could choose strain plant etc. I think you could do it cause old Afghan old mex and tie stick. You might could very well get it. . might u might find old strain that could produce it. I mean the old original strains. But finding them be improbable
Sorry I know two languages southern and bad English.

Back
Top Bottom