Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Banana Sherbet Update
Already?

I went out to spritz the coco above the seed and look what I found! That was fast - less than 48 hours. Tomorrow will be day 1. Looks like she may even rip the entire seed coat off for a change. Yay!

22DDDFD7-E7D1-4A6B-8C59-970865EBE682.jpeg

So here’s the best article on the Banana Sherbet XXL auto I’ve found yet. It beats the crap out of a seller write up.

Note that in the one section they say you get 5-6 weeks of veg!!!!! 35-42 days for an auto? That’s one reason I believe this BS is the closest I’ll get to the pound.

Lol! @HappyHazmat88, I didn’t even see it til after I posted! These damn things are so freaking common here you don’t even see them anymore. The sidewalk is covered with dozens of them every morning. They’re incredibly fast and nimble, and for their size they have to be on the list of worlds best jumpers - I’ve seen them go five feet through the air from one vertical glass surface to another. My dog doesn’t even chase them anymore, she learned fast she had no shot, lol. So they pop up in my grow room all the time. If I’m lucky enough I’ll get to seal one in with a plant. They are excellent bug eaters!
That's awesome and would be a neat addition to a grow... Actually would prolly be an ideal environment for a reptile....but thanks for taking the time to reply.

That's amazing @Chuckeye! How big do you let them get in those cups? Do you think keeping them in the cups longer contributes to how big they get? How many days in do they typically start to flower?
Not sure if it is the time in the cup or the light but my auto's do take longer to finish than suggested by the seed seller.

My rule of thumb is bottom leaves past the edge of the cup And visible roots out the bottom.

Day 21 from sprouted seed is when the auto's were transplanted. Roots had been showing through the bottom holes for a day or so and the first to show signs of flower was @ day 35. The rest took an additional week.

Couldn't find a picture of the root ball but they were just starting to circle the bottom, so not really late to transplant by much.

My last photo grow had the seedlings under the 600w MH from the start and they were transplanted a little later.

This is a Black Indica photo @ day 25.

BI 29 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Cheers

Not sure if it is the time in the cup or the light but my auto's do take longer to finish than suggested by the seed seller.

My rule of thumb is bottom leaves past the edge of the cup And visible roots out the bottom.

Day 21 from sprouted seed is when the auto's were transplanted. Roots had been showing through the bottom holes for a day or so and the first to show signs of flower was @ day 35. The rest took an additional week.

Couldn't find a picture of the root ball but they were just starting to circle the bottom, so not really late to transplant by much.

My last photo grow had the seedlings under the 600w MH from the start and they were transplanted a little later.

This is a Black Indica photo @ day 25.

BI 29 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Cheers
Yeah mine do too. The seller info is crap to sell more seeds. Lol. My Titan went 104 days vs. the advertised 11 weeks

So Here’s the Vision
Banana Sherbet Infrastructure Completed

So here’s the rig. All we’re going to do is quad the plant and scrog the lower screen to completion. That should take just about til they flip. Then let them stretch through the upper screen. Pretty simple, nothing that hasn’t been done before.

We’re counting heavily on the genetic with this one as we don’t really have any radical tricks going on, just a big 7 of coco a la @Bill284, and a scrog style you’ve all seen before. My first time scrogging an auto btw. @Rexer has my back, he’s a master of it.

02F9FEF6-5180-4C53-B60E-7E3A7194A8A1.jpeg

E6EB0B33-E5F8-45FB-80FC-D676DF34C568.jpeg

I've never done it using double net. But it's simple at its heart.

As the plant grows into it, you'll weave the branches keeping an even canopy.

A quad to start keeps it simple and helps make an even canopy for when it hits the net. But really just not having dominant branch(es) I find makes it easier.

It sucks. They take three weeks for me. But they always show and they have cool stickers. lol
I just pulled the trigger on some Double XL Red Banana Berry & Double XL Forbidden Runtz.
I'll see how they grow in my 20 gallon pots of Living organic soil. I'll have to wait until the end of August to start them as pots are currently occupied...

:hookah:

I just pulled the trigger on some Double XL Red Banana Berry & Double XL Forbidden Runtz.
I'll see how they grow in my 20 gallon pots of Living organic soil. I'll have to wait until the end of August to start them as pots are currently occupied...

:hookah:

Nice! 20 gallons eh? Be curious to see how much of that gets filled with roots! Good luck. The Forbidden Runtz is one of the three in this grow too. Cool.

So Here’s the Vision
Banana Sherbet Infrastructure Completed

So here’s the rig. All we’re going to do is quad the plant and scrog the lower screen to completion. That should take just about til they flip. Then let them stretch through the upper screen. Pretty simple, nothing that hasn’t been done before.

We’re counting heavily on the genetic with this one as we don’t really have any radical tricks going on, just a big 7 of coco a la @Bill284, and a scrog style you’ve all seen before. My first time scrogging an auto btw. @Rexer has my back, he’s a master of it.

02F9FEF6-5180-4C53-B60E-7E3A7194A8A1.jpeg

E6EB0B33-E5F8-45FB-80FC-D676DF34C568.jpeg
Lovin the vision.

@Jon are you an Engineer or a professional writer?

Morning @Jon! Your setup looks sweet and clean. Should be fun. I just started a Red Banana Berry XXL this morning.

Tell Molly we all say hi! We watched the Dog Show last night and Molly would have beaten all of them :thumb:
Hi @BubbaKush909 - how you be man? Glad to hear it, good luck with her. I can see the problem - so far I’ve only seen that there are only 6 different XXL strains. I’m going to burn through them. 3 are in the auto grow!

Ha! Thanks? Neither! I am a professional editor however. That’s my day job.
How's that business? I've spent my career in ad sales, first newspapers and then magazines. Needless to say it got tougher every year so I move to sports marketing.

Banana Sherbet
Day 1

I hate to even call this day one as she is not really up yet. But I believe that their clock begins ticking the day the cotys see light, and that’s today. So Day 1 it is.

She sits in the mid 80s temperature and around 65-70% RH.

Also, with @Prescription Blend nutrients I begin feeding on day 1. So following the PB feed chart to the letter, she gets a solution right now of CalMag, 1.5 ml. Core A and 1.5 ml. Core B. This is the prescribed dosage until we have two sets of leaves, at which point we move to week 1 of the feed chart.

Titan was slow out of the gate. @Emilya’s Banana Sherbet XXL was also slow out of the gate. @BubbaKush’s - same thing. So I’m assuming this is part of the genetics and don’t expect rapid growth for about a week.

They seem to make that ground up quickly. We need her to. Based on breeder info I’m hoping for as many as 42 days of veg.

Thankfully the training decision is obviously already made.

So here we go. It’s on.

5F952ABA-403D-46A4-A121-DB6DCFB76215.jpeg

How's that business? I've spent my career in ad sales, first newspapers and then magazines. Needless to say it got tougher every year so I move to sports marketing.
Hey @Timhomegrow - funny that was my career too when I worked for real. I went from Journalism major @ Penn to newspaper ad sales/reporting (mostly sales) to full desk recruiting for the AmLaw200. After the accident I had to find a work from home computer or phone job. Somehow the customer service rep positions I get sent daily weren’t cutting it, lol. So I used the English background (started as an English major switched to Journalism) and morphed into editing. Editing is boring and just makes me want more than ever to write my book. Most writers stink. Lol. But it’s easy to find that sort of work.

Hey @Jon! Probably a good thing you never went into journalism you'd most likely be doing something else now anyhow. My Forbidden Runtz XXL went into flower way sooner than I was expecting, day 23. Based on your theory that flowering in autos is pre-determined by their genetics that would imply I'm getting a bunch of early-flowering aberrations. I'm starting to think it's something else, either my lights or soil. I don't know what else it could be. Any thoughts?

Hey @Jon! Probably a good thing you never went into journalism you'd most likely be doing something else now anyhow. My Forbidden Runtz XXL went into flower way sooner than I was expecting, day 23. Based on your theory that flowering in autos is pre-determined by their genetics that would imply I'm getting a bunch of early-flowering aberrations. I'm starting to think it's something else, either my lights or soil. I don't know what else it could be. Any thoughts?
Maybe. Can you show me what you’re calling “went into flower?” @BubbaKush909?

Back
Top Bottom