Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

@BubbaKush909 - okay, I just read every single thing there is on the Forbidden Runtz XXL Auto from Growers Choice. It appears there is some level of agreement.

They all claim up to 62 days or 8 weeks from seed. I found one source that said 8-9. Now consider Titan. Breeder and everyone else said up to 11 weeks/77 days. She went 104. Almost 4 extra weeks. I would expect any of these XXL finish times to work similarly. But I honestly don’t know, I’ve grown one more than you, lol. If it does though I would also expect more veg time than 23 days. If they are “on” on this one, a short veg DOES make sense. So again I don’t know.

However, also at 23 days was when I first thought Titan went to flower. I saw pistils. Remember? I was wrong. They were just “pre pistils.” That’s why I said show me the plant. Close up if possible. You may be seeing the same not sure.

Best I got without a pic. Lol.

So Here’s the Vision
Banana Sherbet Infrastructure Completed

So here’s the rig. All we’re going to do is quad the plant and scrog the lower screen to completion. That should take just about til they flip. Then let them stretch through the upper screen. Pretty simple, nothing that hasn’t been done before.

We’re counting heavily on the genetic with this one as we don’t really have any radical tricks going on, just a big 7 of coco a la @Bill284, and a scrog style you’ve all seen before. My first time scrogging an auto btw. @Rexer has my back, he’s a master of it.

02F9FEF6-5180-4C53-B60E-7E3A7194A8A1.jpeg

E6EB0B33-E5F8-45FB-80FC-D676DF34C568.jpeg
Are those conical looking fans Vornado's? If so how well do they work? I'm always looking for a better fan...
:hookah:

Are those conical looking fans Vornado's? If so how well do they work? I'm always looking for a better fan...
They are. Don’t get them. $30. They last forever, but the base make them very unwieldy and they don’t push a ton of air even on high. I would call them adequate at best.

Banana Sherbet Update

I’m dropping another seed. I already don’t like what’s going on with this one. She’s not quite right. Only aligning all the stars properly gets us to a pound. I can’t afford days or even a couple of bullshit stalled growth cuz a dumb seed doesn’t want to pop right. I can already see that’s in play here. She still looks the same as earlier. It’s not cheating, it’s sacrificing for a goal. It’ll stay til the other is ready and we’ll see but then she goes most likely. Personally I think it a wise decision. I’d rather have a shot at actually doing this than worry about a $12 seed.

We'll, the goal is to grow three plants to average a pound each, not to do so with a specific set of seeds.

We want to see the grow, not the ICU save. :thumb:
Thanks @Azimuth! My thought exactly!

I don't think so. All of my close to a pound girls came from small green seeds !

Cheers
+1 for the small seed... Good things come in small packages...

:cheer:

Wow, I was only kidding but appreciate the votes guys! I went with the lower one in the picture which is the smaller one. I liked it’s speckling and it didn’t have a weird ridge on the outside like the seed on top does. She’s floating as we speak. Now the other one will start to be sweet with my luck, It actually works out well, I can wait a week or two and pick the better plant before uppotting!

Morning @Jon! I'm waiting until I see flowers forming before I start counting, not when I first see pistils. Here she is on day 24, IMO she's budding do you agree?

20220614_134017[1].jpg

I'm finding when the site says 8-9 weeks that turns out to be the flowering time, even for autos. The only autos I've grown that come close to that were the LSD-25's from FBA that went 68. Everything about them was screaming we're finishing early from the get go. Do you recall how long Titan flowered?

Looking at this plant now at 34 days, it's safe say she's not going to finish in a month. Assuming 8 weeks of flower + 23 days of veg = 79 days total which I believe is much more realistic. Maybe even longer.

20220623_143214[1].jpg

I know we're all kinda shooting in the dark here. I guess it's part of the fun of learning but it's also frustrating at times.

Thanks for your help and have a great day!

Morning @Jon! I'm waiting until I see flowers forming before I start counting, not when I first see pistils. Here she is on day 24, IMO she's budding do you agree?

20220614_134017[1].jpg

I'm finding when the site says 8-9 weeks that turns out to be the flowering time, even for autos. The only autos I've grown that come close to that were the LSD-25's from FBA that went 68. Everything about them was screaming we're finishing early from the get go. Do you recall how long Titan flowered?

Looking at this plant now at 34 days, it's safe say she's not going to finish in a month. Assuming 8 weeks of flower + 23 days of veg = 79 days total which I believe is much more realistic. Maybe even longer.

20220623_143214[1].jpg

I know we're all kinda shooting in the dark here. I guess it's part of the fun of learning but it's also frustrating at times.

Thanks for your help and have a great day!
Morning @BubbaKush909! So….

Oh. :rofl: Yes, that’s a she’s definitely budding. My apologies, of course you know the difference. Well hell…I highly doubt anything you’re doing or not doing affects when they choose to flower. I could be wrong but I believe that’s pre programmed and we can’t change it. If that’s so, then maybe the breeders are right about this one and she really is a quickie. Guess you’ll find out.

Titan hit flower day 36 by my eye, and overall went 104, so 68 days in flower. I find that’s about average.

If your girl does turn out to be a quickie it’s good for me to know cuz no way do you pull a pound from a quickie in my opinion no matter how you grow it. @Chuckeye might disagree, be curious to know. But maybe I’ll do a second one of the others in place of the FR in the auto grow.

I’m gonna watch your flower carefully. Thanks for posting the pic!!!

Morning @BubbaKush909! So….

If your girl does turn out to be a quickie it’s good for me to know cuz no way do you pull a pound from a quickie in my opinion no matter how you grow it. @Chuckeye might disagree, be curious to know.
Nope, I don't disagree ;)

It has been my experience that the longer the grow, the larger the yield.

On my last auto run, the first to flower was a Gelato and a Purple Silverback, both came in @ 6 oz. Hanging @ day 97.

Next was a topped Gelato, she was 10.75 oz. Hanging @ day 106.

The Gorilla Glue was 15.6 oz. @ day 121. Stalled for a week with overdose of Bud Explosion.

And the King Gelato was 14.6 oz. @ day 123. Also stalled for a week with overdose of BE.

Weights are @ 58% vacuum sealed in 1L mason jars.

Cheers

PS> all were small green seeds from autoflower dot ca :cool:

My next grow will be photo's from True North (Canuk seedbank) and most are also small green seeds !

Nope, I don't disagree ;)

It has been my experience that the longer the grow, the larger the yield.

On my last auto run, the first to flower was a Gelato and a Purple Silverback, both came in @ 6 oz. Hanging @ day 97.

Next was a topped Gelato, she was 10.75 oz. Hanging @ day 106.

The Gorilla Glue was 15.6 oz. @ day 121. Stalled for a week with overdose of Bud Explosion.

And the King Gelato was 14.6 oz. @ day 123. Also stalled for a week with overdose of BE.

Weights are @ 58% vacuum sealed in 1L mason jars.

Cheers

PS> all were small green seeds from autoflower dot ca :cool:

My next grow will be photo's from True North (Canuk seedbank) and most are also small green seeds !
Wow so you’re only .4 of an ounce away from a pound! .4! That’s a bud!

If your girl does turn out to be a quickie it’s good for me to know cuz no way do you pull a pound from a quickie in my opinion no matter how you grow it. @Chuckeye might disagree, be curious to know. But maybe I’ll do a second one of the others in place of the FR in the auto grow.

I’m gonna watch your flower carefully. Thanks for posting the pic!!!
Genetics, how stable are the genetics and maybe it's a quick flowering phenotype? Hopefully it's just one seed that is fast flowering pheno.

If anyone knows how to identify the larger and more robust plant just by looking at the seeds, please share. :laugh:

I have two. Which one is the winner?

2F58E2F1-6266-4964-A872-E172875EC58A.jpeg
The runt is the winner always in my book....expect the unexpected ;)

And woohoo let's go little one let's goooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom