JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

And the fun begins
They’ll start to grow fast now amigo
Looking good

Finally starting to see some decent action haha, thanks homeboy!

And away they go! :thumb:

70% is about max for the entire veg cycle when you move to flower you'll want that humidity down, 40%-50% for flower.

They sure have, they're finally cleared for take-off! Yeah I've got the mini dehumidifier in there today just to scope out how it goes, I'll update with some pics later!

Some decent veging over the last few days! Have continued to water PH'd to around 6.0, still around 2 cups (4-500 ml) twice a day, morning before work and evening. Have had a bit of a hot streak here the last few days with the temps into the mid 30°c range so it got pretty hot in the tent yesterday, hottest I saw was around 87°f, have purchased a evap air cooler for the room to hopefully keep it under control in the future, but no harm done, the girls looked fine this morning under their normal temps!

Upped the nutes today for the first time, will see how they respond tomorrow, also got a little plan for tomorrow to put some bricks and some kind of metal mesh underneath the pots to allow better aeration and drainage, they're sitting on rubber feet right now but I don't think they're quite doing the job!

They survived the heat wave! Had a few days of high 30°c days, was a bit worried and it did get very toasty in the tent at times, but they've pulled through, just have to settle down somehwta over the next day or too and destress haha! Got my RO filter installed so no more buying filtered water, PH'ing it to around 6.0 (out of the tap it's pretty high). Sticking to the second round of nutes for a few more days then going to start pumping it up some more. Raised the lights a bit as the plants are much bigger than before, and put some bricks underneath the plants for better drainage, it wasn't good enough the way it was before! Wondering if I should start some LST on the girls, looking like the lower sites are starting to develop and the stems thickening up somewhat?

Hiya buddy looking sweet. Just had a flick through there and you seem very keen to throw nutes at them. If they're not going yellow anywhere then they dont need or want more. They can only absorb about 100ppm for every week of veg. Quarter strength will do you for the next couple weeks. Too much too fast and youll N tox them which will slow down the growth rate. Not a useful side effect when growing autos.
Little and often works best for coco growing mate. It's always much easier to add more of something if they get hungry than it is to take something out if you tox them.

You're cruisin now!

Ponytail's are ok for a few hours. I kinda screwed up my Kush Auto but she's forgiven me.

Leaf tucking is a good option too. I've been stuffing those leaves everyday and many of my plants.

Thanks homie, feels like it, everyday there seems to be progression now!

I'm gunna do some leaf tucking alongside the LST where I can manage it, hope I don't mangle it haha!

Looking great J
I would start some LST even some ponytailing

Yep, defo gunna start some LST tomorrow! Approx how long do you guys think they are off flowering?

Hiya buddy looking sweet. Just had a flick through there and you seem very keen to throw nutes at them. If they're not going yellow anywhere then they dont need or want more. They can only absorb about 100ppm for every week of veg. Quarter strength will do you for the next couple weeks. Too much too fast and youll N tox them which will slow down the growth rate. Not a useful side effect when growing autos.
Little and often works best for coco growing mate. It's always much easier to add more of something if they get hungry than it is to take something out if you tox them.

Okie dokie sounds like a plan, I'm following a chart but they're not looking out of the ordinary at all except the first false leaves on the plants (the ones that they sprout with). I might let the current plan continue for a few more days then though.

They continue to thrive (or at least I think so haha)! Continued with the same nute schedule up till today (watering today), but going to up the bloom a tad according to the schedule I'm following next feed, still PH'ing to around 6.0 or thereabouts.

The weather here has been crazy the last week or two! Mid to high 30°c range three or four days ago, and today a top of 16°c! Had to pull the heater out to maintain temp!

Aside from that looking good I think, the Power Punch is easily the tallest of all the ladies now, and the Glu Scout Cookies is easily the bushiest (and the one I'm looking forward to the most!) but all looking nice and green with no marks, spots or deficiencies of any kind that I can notice being a noob.

The best advice I got about pruning Auto's is to remove two leaves a day. I started that a 6-8 leaves ago (3-4 days). I may have missed a day. I always pluck the top two leaves, here's the result on my Ultra Lemon Haze II. Those top two leaves got pinched last night before I checked out for the night. Underneath those top two leaves are two more tops. She's about 2 weeks old and on Week 3 Nutes Schedule. My second time growing this strain and I can't wait to see how she finishes full term (this time...).

Don't prune until you have too!

Every Auto I've grown gets those two lowest leaves just shooting out. Then the whole plant just explodes with growth! I can't wait to see that Northern Lights start to go. Mine are photo's and they're looking like Guy Fieri!

Yeah all 6 have done that with the leaves, first couple out than BAM, growth city!

You can start some LST
Pull those little leaves down to get more light into the center
Be gentle to ensure nothing breaks
You’ll see new nodes start growing

I am currently doing some LST with pipe cleaners, I just happened to have the plants out of the tent to remove the runoff from the trays and redid the LST while they were out but grabbed a photo in between! I'll grab some LST pics tonight!

The best advice I got about pruning Auto's is to remove two leaves a day. I started that a 6-8 leaves ago (3-4 days). I may have missed a day. I always pluck the top two leaves, here's the result on my Ultra Lemon Haze II. Those top two leaves got pinched last night before I checked out for the night. Underneath those top two leaves are two more tops. She's about 2 weeks old and on Week 3 Nutes Schedule. My second time growing this strain and I can't wait to see how she finishes full term (this time...).

Don't prune until you have too!

How would I know when to start removing leaves? Some of the bigger upper leaves are already blocking some of the nodes, but I don't want to cause the plant damage, any advice?

Back
Top Bottom