JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

You can gently pin down those leaves to open up the node sites
Like this :

You see that Lemon Haze Auto up there? The first two leaves I clipped were the top center two. Maybe 1.5/ 2 weeks in. The next day I took two more from the same spot. I left her alone for a day and then I took the same two again. All those tops you see are now filling in and up, so today I pinched two of the lower, lower, lower leaves they were both deformed any ways... Yours are not ready yet, I wanted you to have to info for when they are. You'll know, you'll look down and think, man she'd be growing better without those two leaves.

Here's a pic from last week I think. I'd already pinched the two leaves that were going left and right. She looks funny and I let her go a day or two and then pinched the top two you see here. I'm running her 24/7 lighting with all my veg and other autos. Today the Kush Auto is outside soaking up the sun while the ULH is enjoying the new QB's.

You'll know when it's time, if you're unsure just ask, and don't be afraid to wait 24 hours.

My girlfriend is away so I can't get pics till tomorrow, but I'll update nonetheless!

The girls are loking good, putting on some serious bushyness now, would it be ok to take a few leaves here and there affecting the light penetration?

Going to up the nutes tomorrow after a decent watering tonight, most of them are showing white pistils now, I don't think flowering could be too far away!

They seem to be drinking a bit more now, so I've upped it from two cups twice a day to 4 or so cups twice a day and they seem to be responding well, still pH'd to around 6.0

Will post some pics tomorrow when a camera is available haha!

You see that Lemon Haze Auto up there? The first two leaves I clipped were the top center two. Maybe 1.5/ 2 weeks in. The next day I took two more from the same spot. I left her alone for a day and then I took the same two again. All those tops you see are now filling in and up, so today I pinched two of the lower, lower, lower leaves they were both deformed any ways... Yours are not ready yet, I wanted you to have to info for when they are. You'll know, you'll look down and think, man she'd be growing better without those two leaves.

Here's a pic from last week I think. I'd already pinched the two leaves that were going left and right. She looks funny and I let her go a day or two and then pinched the top two you see here. I'm running her 24/7 lighting with all my veg and other autos. Today the Kush Auto is outside soaking up the sun while the ULH is enjoying the new QB's.

You'll know when it's time, if you're unsure just ask, and don't be afraid to wait 24 hours.

Watch your feeds mate she looks like she about to go N tox.

The girlfriend has returned and thusly I have a camera! The girls are bushing out nicely, I think they may be ready to flip VERY shortly, as they've all popped pistils similar to the ones on the Blu Glu here, or even more developed.

One of the Northern Lights is a little slower to develop (the one in the bottom of the first pic), but nothing looks wrong with her, no deficiencies or signs of wear and tear, she's just a little shy I think! The other picture is of the bigger of the two.

Both of the Blu Glu's seem to be bushing out nicely and shooting pistils, doing alot of leaf tucking on these two to get the light to penetrate further!

The Glu Scout is definately the bushiest of them all, with probably the most developed pistils of them all, she's the second tallest, and looking pretty good from what I can tell.

And last and not least, the Power Punch, she's the tallest of all the girls, and probably the most aesthetic of them all too, she's pretty as hell.

I'm feeding transition nutes now, bit more bloom, bit less grow, still PH'd to 6.0. What does everyone think of flipping in the next day or two? They seem to have been decently stretching the last few days, definately added quite a few inches. I dropped the light a few more inches too, they seem to have enjoyed that!

Any expertise, critiques or advice is welcome at this point, I think things are going well, just need some solid pointers on where to go from here!

You can flip anytime you want, they look mature enough. I think you may be surprised if you wait a week.

Are you concerned about stretch and tent height?

No not particularly, the tent is 6ft high so it should be ok for auto's yeah? I'm not awfully concerned about anything except time, I go overseas for a week in early May, so I hope they're at least harvest-able by that stage haha! But I can wait.

Whats your flowering time for your strains. If you started today with a 63 day flowering strain, youd be 9 weeks from today. That would be mid may. Any way some body could just feed yhem for you?

They're all S.A.G seeds, all auto fem's, apparently 60-70 days from seed, right now I'm on day 29, so sometime in April was my approximation.

You could see early flowers any day now. No need to change lights, you can keep them on 24/7.

Sorry forgog youre doing autos. Its all in the name. Autos grow, you feed, they flower on their own, you could have already hit flower if you're seeing stretching.

Sorry for the shit responsiveness the last few days, but it's update time! Got a few questions/seeking advice here so any help would be appreciated fellas!

The ladies are all looking good. I did give a few of the bigger girls a bit of a trim, some loved it (the Glu Scout Cookies seemed to rather like a trim) while others hated it (the big Power Punch was on the other end of the scale, she's only just coming good now, more on that). That was about a week ago, and pretty much 4 of the ladies are in flower. Here's a shot of the Northern Lights in true light, and the cola coming along.

The two Northern Lights are going fantastic, both starting to develop some buds, the same with the Glu Scout, only she's bigger and bushier. One of the Blu Glu's is going steady, she shrugged off the effects of her haircut within a few days and is doing her thing nicely now.

The other 2 didn't like their aforementioned haircuts all that much, and have only just started to really shoot pistils now, the power punch only got her first pistils a day or two ago, she's massive, but just started to bud. Same with the other Blu Glu, but she's recovered a little quicker than the big girl. I kinda fucked up and stunted them a bit, lesson learnt for next time, just don't bother trimming at all!

The temps have been really good, fluctuating between 75°f and 81°f, but I'm happy with that range, and feeding has continued at 7 1/2 ml's of each Micro, Bloom and Cal Mag, and 2 1/2 ml's of Grow per gallon at this point, feeding twice a day, about 750 mls each time. I've just kept the lights on 24/7, power isn't really a concern, and for my first grow I reason the more light the better right haha? Got my first bill since the setup has been up and running 24/7, was only an extra $30 a month, not concerning in the slightest.

However, humidity is becoming a major concern for me. I live 50 metres from the beach, and the weather here has been absolutely STUPID the last few weeks, with the daily humidity in town around 90%. I have 2 mini dehumidifiers in there, and today I decided to move the bigger 3 speed pedestal fan in there aswell, however, no matter what I do, I can't really drop the humidity below 70-80%. Is this a product of me living so close to the beach and the ridiculous weather (research suggest this is the case) and is forking out hundreds of dollars for a dehumidifer worth it, or just stick it out? Everything looks super green and healthy...

My other problems are pot issues, small white deposits on the outside of the pots, how can I tell the difference between mold and salt residue? To me, it mostly looks crystally and would suggest salt, however I just want to be sure, with the humidity problem I just don't want things to escalate. Also a green tinge to the top of the coco and on the outside of the pot, doesn't seem to be growing or fluffy or anything, could this just be nute residue?

Hopefully will be able to update more regularly again, here's a bonus tent pic and shot of the Glu Scout Cookie cola coming along!

Thanks fellas!

Those temps sound good to me, my tents stay right around 75-80 all the time. My humidity runs low where I live and I don't try to add more. I agree with Tio, if you're humidity is on the high side, try to dry out if you can. Cannabis like humidity but it's up to you. If I'm at 50% humidity I'm happy although I think cannabis will happily love 70 in veg. Flower you want to run much lower if you can.

I think you're humidity is high b/c of the beach for sure. However you reduce it is good. A/C will help, dehumidifiers obv, put one in the tent if you can, not sure how big they are. Can you run a semi closed system using the dehumidifiers? Like an air in and out for the tent all running through the dehumidifier?

You're definitely in flower now! Not trimming Autos in veg could be ok but decisively trimming is ok, LST will help a lot. Two leaves per day, but honestly I've taken more. You just have to remember you're not picking leaves from a photo period plant and therefore your time frame for new growth is limited. My Ultra Lemon Haze Auto is growing strong and I sometimes skip a day and then poach 4 leaves the next day. It's all about strategic leaf removal so the plant still thrives, but you're getting light to those lowers which will become uppers.

Here's what I've learned about Autos and keep in mind my Kush Auto is my third auto grow. A couple leaves a day or so until flower. Let her got when you see the change to flower and only LST or Super Cropping. At Week 3 lollipop / heavy defol, only leaving larger fan leaves up top. I like to leave a few larger ones around the outside, like a skirt, but that's optional. I stripped my Kush Auto Bare at 3 weeks and she's bounced back real nice. Please make exception for the Nute Lockout...

Here's my Kush Auto about 3-4 weeks into flower, I did a 2.5 week defol. I figured she'd have a bit more stretch and push out some new growth. I'm not sure about stretch but she's definitely pushin out new sugar leaves and some larger fans too!

After 2.5 week Defol.

Yesterday 3-18-2019

What Nutrient Lock Out may look like.

You're into the home stretch just relax and stay on your established schedule. Plants are looking good!

Not sure how big your grow room is but...
Air conditioner ?
Set to 24c and on dry mode

That's what it looks like it's coming down too, might have to fork out for the A/C and dehumidifier in one combo, can't really seem to work another way around it.

Those temps sound good to me, my tents stay right around 75-80 all the time. My humidity runs low where I live and I don't try to add more. I agree with Tio, if you're humidity is on the high side, try to dry out if you can. Cannabis like humidity but it's up to you. If I'm at 50% humidity I'm happy although I think cannabis will happily love 70 in veg. Flower you want to run much lower if you can.

I think you're humidity is high b/c of the beach for sure. However you reduce it is good. A/C will help, dehumidifiers obv, put one in the tent if you can, not sure how big they are. Can you run a semi closed system using the dehumidifiers? Like an air in and out for the tent all running through the dehumidifier?

You're definitely in flower now! Not trimming Autos in veg could be ok but decisively trimming is ok, LST will help a lot. Two leaves per day, but honestly I've taken more. You just have to remember you're not picking leaves from a photo period plant and therefore your time frame for new growth is limited. My Ultra Lemon Haze Auto is growing strong and I sometimes skip a day and then poach 4 leaves the next day. It's all about strategic leaf removal so the plant still thrives, but you're getting light to those lowers which will become uppers.

Here's what I've learned about Autos and keep in mind my Kush Auto is my third auto grow. A couple leaves a day or so until flower. Let her got when you see the change to flower and only LST or Super Cropping. At Week 3 lollipop / heavy defol, only leaving larger fan leaves up top. I like to leave a few larger ones around the outside, like a skirt, but that's optional. I stripped my Kush Auto Bare at 3 weeks and she's bounced back real nice. Please make exception for the Nute Lockout...

Here's my Kush Auto about 3-4 weeks into flower, I did a 2.5 week defol. I figured she'd have a bit more stretch and push out some new growth. I'm not sure about stretch but she's definitely pushin out new sugar leaves and some larger fans too!

After 2.5 week Defol.

Yesterday 3-18-2019

What Nutrient Lock Out may look like.

You're into the home stretch just relax and stay on your established schedule. Plants are looking good!

Yeah I'm really happy with the temps, it's just the humidity that's killing me, 90% humidity throughout the day in combination with living 50 metres from the beach is making it more and more likely I'm going to have to fork out and get an air conditioner/dehumidifier combo, because she's certainly in flower, and the humidity is scaring the shit out of me, the worst possible thing would be to go this whole way and have rotten buds..

The humidifiers are only small, 250ml units, and there are 2 running in there, but it's not enough fighting against nature, I think the A/C is just going to have to happen...

I think I just trimmed at the wrong time, I cut the leaves as they were flipping, obviously the wrong time to do it, they're still suffering the consequences now... Would you recommend taking a few leaves now? Or just leave it? I feel like I've done enough damage, and stunting them has almost convinced me to not defol again...

I do think the plants are looking green and healthy, just the trim and the humidity are worrying the shit out of me, I'm unsure as of what is the next step, so any advice is appreciated!

They're about a week and a half into flower now, so that would mean a defol next week/week and a half, should I go through with it considering I've pestered them already? They are getting bushy however, and moisture does develop between the leaves if they touch, I need some advice haha!

Just bit the bullet and got a cheap (relatively, thank god for afterpay) 13,000BTU Air Con/Dehumidifier to go in the same room as the tent, hoping this solves my humidity issues and is hopefully the last big purchase I'll need haha!

Back
Top Bottom