why rinse with lemon juice and baking soda? They neutralize each other. If you rinse with each independently, you then need to rinse with fresh water to remove the salt formed when the two react (sodium citrate and sodium ascorbate).
The foaming action is what you want to clean the buds. CLšŸ€

The foaming action is what you want to clean the buds. CLšŸ€
Who told you that? There is no value in foaming action. It does not do anything. This is a fallacy. By the way, why do you rinse? What are you trying to remove? If itā€™s dust and dirt and spores, just use plain water. MAYBE, a few drops of an organic soap followed by a rinse with water. I would minimize the soap as it can emulsify terpenes and cannabinoids. Btw, I am a retired chemist and not a hobbyist, so I do have some knowledge about this.

Who told you that? There is no value in foaming action. It does not do anything. This is a fallacy. By the way, why do you rinse? What are you trying to remove? If itā€™s dust and dirt and spores, just use plain water. MAYBE, a few drops of an organic soap followed by a rinse with water. I would minimize the soap as it can emulsify terpenes and cannabinoids. Btw, I am a retired chemist and not a hobbyist, so I do have some knowledge about this.
Iā€™ll let my friend @InTheShed take this one. CLšŸ€

Here you go J. It's mostly to get the poop and dead bugs off for me in an outdoor grow.

why rinse with lemon juice and baking soda? They neutralize each other. If you rinse with each independently, you then need to rinse with fresh water to remove the salt formed when the two react (sodium citrate and sodium ascorbate).
You do not rinse with Baking soda and lemon juice you wash in it and rinse with water

I would not use any soap on my fresh cut bud. As for who told me this some people I trust and have done it many times.

why do you rinse? What are you trying to remove? If itā€™s dust and dirt and spores, just use plain water.
I'm guessing by "rinse" you mean "wash"? I wash because of this:

If I didn't wash we'd be smoking and eating that. That's bugs, bug exoskeletons, bug poop, dust, pollen, pet hair, along with the residue of BT, potassium salts of fatty acid, yucca extract, dried citric acid, powdery mildew, and anything else that floated by.

Plain water has a tough time with much of that (particularly the oil-based sprays), as well as leaving the PM behind.

The real question is why aren't you washing. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Iā€™ll let my friend @InTheShed take this one. CL
Thanks Captain! Otter posted the original bud wash thread above.
I am a retired chemist
Oh cool! Can you tell us what chemical is/are created by a mix of lemon juice and baking soda (is that the sodium citrate and sodium ascorbate you mentioned?) and how good a good job it would do at cleaning off what I listed above?

:thanks:

I'm guessing by "rinse" you mean "wash"? I wash because of this:

If I didn't wash we'd be smoking and eating that. That's bugs, bug exoskeletons, bug poop, dust, pollen, pet hair, along with the residue of BT, potassium salts of fatty acid, yucca extract, dried citric acid, powdery mildew, and anything else that floated by.

Plain water has a tough time with much of that (particularly the oil-based sprays), as well as leaving the PM behind.

The real question is why aren't you washing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Captain! Otter posted the original bud wash thread above.

Oh cool! Can you tell us what chemical is/are created by a mix of lemon juice and baking soda (is that the sodium citrate and sodium ascorbate you mentioned?) and how good a good job it would do at cleaning off what I listed above?

:thanks:
I really wish I had washed my buds now. I will think about this every time I take a hit now.

Good afternoon all the weather here is showers and gloomy hope it's better where you all are at. gotta check my bud and see how the curing is going. It is very humid here.
60 degrees with rain all day but late October in Chicago could be a lot worse. At least itā€™s not cold + snowing. CLšŸ€

They're really good to have on hand when drying. I have about 15 or 20 small ones I got from Amazon that fit in jars. They look like this:

and they sell them in bulk packs by the dozen.
I use the same ones in my jars for curing along with bodiva packs I keep them around the grow rooms too just for spot checks

Good afternoon all the weather here is showers and gloomy hope it's better where you all are at. gotta check my bud and see how the curing is going. It is very humid here.
Curing goes fairly easily as long as you monitor the RH, I saw you ordered the hydromotors that @InTheShed uses I use those as well, I do recommend the bodiva packs for curing

In the meantime make sure you are burping the jars u til you get the hydro motors to make sure that RH doesn't climb too much

Also since itā€™s your ā€œfirst plant šŸ˜ā€ I can confirm thereā€™s a difference between a 2/4/6 week cure that 6 week hits different, flavors come out more smoother smoke just better all around, the longer you can hold out the happier youā€™ll be

Back
Top Bottom