King Tut In RDWC

Seedlings are moving along. The smallest one is slowly making its move. I bought blood meal, fish squishins, and some Ocean Forest for the little one. Once the 10 gallon smart pot gets here ill finish the closet. I still have one Alcopulco Gold plant in a gorilla tent in the garage. Once thats done ill pull the light out of there and put it in the closet. I still need to flush that plant. I will probably use an old Platinum light for a week or so till i pull that plant

Im finding particulates in the water. I think my small return line has more gunk in it than i thought. Its not a huge problem, and its getting better, but it bugs me.

I put a speed control on my exhaust fan. God damn thing is probably too big, sounds like Huey helicopter is landing on my roof. Its a bit better

Looks like my bench is back to normal. I sold my strawberry plant to a local hydro shop for some cash and store credit. Now i need a damn yardsale.

I have my 420 tree drying above the bench. Buds are coming along. Theres a few good buds in there. I seriously dont think this will happen, but if i can get 6 ounces i will be at 40oz for 4 plants.

My hydroguard comes in today.. What problems have you had @Stltoed
I found that i need to add a little more than recommended to ensure that everything is sorted out and inoculated. I also add a little every 10 days or so. If you do end up with an issue Hydroguard may not be enough to fix the problem. I use peroxide to nape the whole thing and start over. If you DO use peroxide you will need to thoroughly flush an redo everything. Even a little bit of peroxide will kill the beneficials in the hydroguard, but thats true of and inoculent based on bacteria.

I like Hydroguard. I still have a few quarts left and wont change anything till im done with this season. You arent settling if you go the Hydroguatd way. But it sounds like there may be something better

One thing that may help you keep stuff clean is heavily oxygenated water. Your plants can absorb only so much oxygen, but i believe an overbuilt air system has other benefits. It keeps you roots much cleaner. It helps get the nutrients into the middle of the root mass. It also makes sure that your plants get all the oxygen they want.

Im running an 80liter linear pump with a 12 inch diffuser in each pot, there are only 2. Someone once said they had seen too much air destroy the roots. But if your bubbles are small enough i dont believe thats a problem, for instance, last season my 2 hydro plants did 27oz 2 different strains, one was 10.2oz the second 16.2.

Heres a shot of the roots on the 10oz plant. Not a great picture, but i really couldnt play.

And a picture of my tubs

I found that i need to add a little more than recommended to ensure that everything is sorted out and inoculated. I also add a little every 10 days or so. If you do end up with an issue Hydroguard may not be enough to fix the problem. I use peroxide to nape the whole thing and start over. If you DO use peroxide you will need to thoroughly flush an redo everything. Even a little bit of peroxide will kill the beneficials in the hydroguard, but thats true of and inoculent based on bacteria.

I like Hydroguard. I still have a few quarts left and wont change anything till im done with this season. You arent settling if you go the Hydroguatd way. But it sounds like there may be something better

One thing that may help you keep stuff clean is heavily oxygenated water. Your plants can absorb only so much oxygen, but i believe an overbuilt air system has other benefits. It keeps you roots much cleaner. It helps get the nutrients into the middle of the root mass. It also makes sure that your plants get all the oxygen they want.

Im running an 80liter linear pump with a 12 inch diffuser in each pot, there are only 2. Someone once said they had seen too much air destroy the roots. But if your bubbles are small enough i dont believe thats a problem, for instance, last season my 2 hydro plants did 27oz 2 different strains, one was 10.2oz the second 16.2.

Heres a shot of the roots on the 10oz plant. Not a great picture, but i really couldnt play.

And a picture of my tubs

I think I'm in love.

So theres a root just inside the netpot on one of the seedlings. They have found second gear and ready to play. One has a slight droop to its leaves. I check for over water, but no. Its growing the second set fairly well so im not too worried...yet. I believe the Smart pots should be here tomorrow. I need to finish the Acopulco Gold plant so i can snake the light from the tent. Sorry suckas no pictures.

Has anyone used a CMH? If so what did you think?

I used one last season, and had a pretty good yield. I will be using it again this season to see if last grow was a fluke. Im looking for info on these things.

I finally got the soil seedling planted in a 10 gallon Smart Pot. FFOF with blood meal, fish meal, Great white and the last of my Subculture M to ammend the soil. I ran 3 gallons of fresh water to get everything damp because of the size of the seedling

I hooked it all up put the blower fan on a repeating timer. I turned on the light and thought i was done... nope about a hour later i checked on it and found the temp was at 105... problem. So i hooked up a 8 inch inline to the roof then out the ceiling. Its hooked up to a temp timer set at 80...bugger. So i have a 6inch pushing air in and an 8 inch sucking out the top then through the roof of my shed. I feel more comfortable about it.

The seedling is ready to go. There were roots all over the bottom of the Rapi Rooter. It should do well. In a few days it will find second gear, then its on.

The light is a Spectru King 400+. I personally dont like this light. Its bright but "beamy" it doesnt have a very good footprint. Ive used it a couple times and it seems like the plants dont like it. My 420 tree was grown with this light. Sounds weird but i dont know. Maybe the Spectrum isnt so majestic after all.

Hydro...
4 plants all have roots. There is Clonex and Thrive Alive in the water. Ppm is at 200 exactly, ph is 5.80, air temp is 80. Water temp is 65. Humidity is 35 its all pretty good. Its up to them

I forgot to show the picture of my exhaust vent.

Theres a 9 inch to the left of the Tee and an 8 inch behind the door for the soil room. The middle part goes stright up out the roof

Awwww. Thanks man! But the saga continues...

So the room is stiill a bit so i hooked up a hose from the line that is sucking and taped it to heatsink. In the picture you can see how serious they are about their heatsink. I want to counter my issues with this light by saying the design is amazing. Theres a 8inch machined ring on the front that looks badass. The heatsink is awesome, the LEDs are in a round array. Its amazing these little things put out 400watts. It would be great if they fixed the issues. I would buy more

more

Hydro...
4 plants all have roots. There is Clonex and Thrive Alive in the water. Ppm is at 200 exactly, ph is 5.80, air temp is 80. Water temp is 65. Humidity is 35 its all pretty good. Its up to them

Can't ask for better than that.

So all are in bed and getting started. I fed the hydro group with the first base nutes plus Calcium, Super Nova, Rapid Start. The base nutes were at 1/4 strength. Calciun Super nova and rapid start at a higher percentage.

The closet is warm but tolerable, i think it will work.

Moved my lights around a bit. Evened them out a bit. I really need to sort out the extension cords. When i built this room i had no idea where to run the condiut and boxes, so i bought 2 50 foot extension cords with 6 outlets along the length. I would definately do this again. I have a black one and a white. The black is a 15 amp circuit the white is a 20. But i change my plugs all the time, i never worry about having a plug in a bad place. The cables were $85 it may not work in a tent, but it sure works for me

I forgot to load my God Damn pictures, if i leave to do that then ill have to rewrite this so they are next

Back
Top Bottom