Kush&Cookies Organic Living Soil, Mars Fce 6500

gazmufc

Hey Folks

This will be my 3 Rd grow, and first grow journal. My first 2 trys at growing didn't turn out to well. Due to lack of equipment and knowledge.

After some time saving, I'm now ready to go again, and this time hopefully the final results will be very different than my previous attempts. Personally I've got my own allotment, and have seen the benifits of growing organically with living soils. After a lot of research I've seen many people grow cannabis with he same methods, and am really hoping I can achieve the same results. Here are the details, please inform me if I've left anything out in my description. Wanna learn to make a good journal.

Grow space : 120x120x120 (budget tent, most my budget went on light)

Light : Mars fce 6500

Soil : light soil base mix (amendments to be added)

Amendments :living soil (UK based company)

Strains : Kush&cookies THC 20% CBD 12%

GSC : is the cali line with THC 24%

Fan : 10 inch Ram fan for air movement.

Carbon filter : Rhino, it only has 2 speed functionality, which I Hate. I'm getting the AC infinity in few weeks.

Dehumidifier :
Is from HIfi towers, its 3.5lt, been waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive.

A little breakdown of the Amendments I'm using. I'm using several of thier living amendments.

"Grow"
consists of 18 different species of mycro rizal fungi , it also contains volcanic rock dust which contain 2/3 of all known non synthetic materials known to man. Also included in "Grow" is incest frass, blood meal, alfalfa meal and also EMI infused bokashi bran (it's said this will incourge further microbial life.

Worm Casting :
This will be added to the soil mix as an overall soil booster. As well as being loaded with macro nutrients, it will also add a lot of vital trace elements to the mix. Am sure all organic growing will agree worm casting are awesome.

Barley
This was recommended to me by several organic growing as a must for any living soil mix. It's said it will add a healthy balance phosphatase, chitinse, ur ease, protease, amylese. It's said that these enzymes will help microbs break down matter into nutrients. ( how fascinating is the soil web web)

Mycoboost :
Is a blend of mycorrhizal fungi beneficial plant bacteria.
It contains humic, fulvic ammino acids and natural growth stimulants. Very highly recommended. Can be used as top dressing for veg and flower.

Neem :
I'm adding Neem meal to mix because lately I've read a lot about its advantages. It will act as a natural pest control. This Neem meal has over 100 active bio ingredients, and has been proven to work against a wide range of nematodes and other soil pests.

Seaweed dust:
Adding seaweed dust to the mix will have many benefits. It will help with water retention, stimulates soil bacteria, it will also help to build healther root systems, while also increasing soil structure.

Volcanic Rock Dust :
The organic rock dust I've chosen contain 44% silica, which is vital in helping plants recover after stress.
It will also help to build bigger and stronger root systems.

So that's a breif breakdown of the amendments I'm using folks. Trying to keep it simple, and just following the suggested amounts be added to the soil mix. These will also be used as top dressings as the grow go's on. I plan on doing out a chart and writing down what I'm feeding and when I'm feeding it. Any comments or suggestions about the amendments is much welcomed. I've mixed up enough for 6gallons, for 2 x 3g pots. Have it cooking now over a week.

Story so far

I placed 2 seeds into cup of water 15 days ago. The Kush&cookies split very quickly, and the other GSC didn't split at all.. Should of done few to be sure ( first mistake lol)
I put another GSC into cup of water and it split few days later. Much to my annonice though this has now caused a growth gap in the 2 plants. And considering the Kush&cookies has about 10days longer flowering time than GSC, argghh!! I absolutely hate the idea of staggered harvests.
I'm growing this and sleeping in my bedroom, not a lot of space for extra drying, gonna need my tent for that.. Im actually thinking of scrapping the GSC and just focusing on doing one big plant of kush and cookies. The again on the flip side, it wud be nice to have another strain to smoke.. Yikes, am really on what I should do.. Any thoughts?

BBecause I don't have that humidifier just yet the rh is all over the shop in First 2 weeks. Readings of lows to 35, and at nte shooting ton78.. Definitely no good. So done a little research for trouble shoots to get me by until humidifier arrives. To boost humidity during day, I added wet towels, which actually works quite well. Am able to hold it steady during the day between 50-60 RH, but at nte it rockets ton70s.. So. Out come the towels at nte. It's no good this way I know, hopefully humidifier should be here this week.

Not really much to look at at the moment folks but here is some pictures.

IMG_20220209_193132.jpg

IMG_20220209_193010.jpg

IMG_20220209_192817.jpg

151163.jpg

151162.jpg

151164.jpg

151165.jpg

151161.jpg

so who is going to spot the little easter egg I put in one of my photos
Couldn't find it @gazmufc my old eyes I guess.
Where have you been since 2013. :Namaste:
Good start to your journal my friend.
I'm going to tag along. :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Couldn't find it @gazmufc my old eyes I guess.
Where have you been since 2013. :Namaste:
Good start to your journal my friend.
I'm going to tag along. :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill thanks for stopping in and commenting. Yeah it's been a while for sure. In 2013 my mum unfortunately passed away from cancer, so my life took a drastic turn of events after that.

I had to leave my home house where I lived for 32 years. Lowest point of my life. I spent 1 Yr living with friends, and then found an apartment, but it wasn't good for growing. Tried it once and it didn't go great.

Got my shit together then, got a job and just last Yr was lucky enough to be expected into a rent to buy social schemes here. Got myself a wee 2 bedroom house for myself and my son and its all good now. Stability in life is massive.
I've enough room for a 4x4 tent. 5x5 just would of been to big. Took the time to save for proper light this time, so really excited to hopefully see some good results.
I've been watching a lot of videos on the 6500 and people been getting some massive yeilds with this light. But of course it's not just light that important. Most growers been following been using living soil, I really like that method.

I plan on setting up a drip system for watering, I've been reading that keeping the soil always wetish is best for mico organism.
My humidifier arrived today so at least now I will be able to control humidity much better. Looking forward to getting home from work now and setting it up. Il defo need help along this grow. So any tips or advice you or anyone else can give am all ears...

I realise I need to put a little more info in the strains in running, but ai figured Girl scout cookies is a very well known strain by this stage. The kush and cookies il get more info on when I go joem and post it. Its a high CBD range 12%.. Thanks really appeals to me cuz I wanna make RSO from some of the harvest.
For transplant of this size what humidity do u like? Between 55 and 65?

Hey Bill thanks for stopping in and commenting. Yeah it's been a while for sure. In 2013 my mum unfortunately passed away from cancer, so my life took a drastic turn of events after that.

I had to leave my home house where I lived for 32 years. Lowest point of my life. I spent 1 Yr living with friends, and then found an apartment, but it wasn't good for growing. Tried it once and it didn't go great.

Got my shit together then, got a job and just last Yr was lucky enough to be expected into a rent to buy social schemes here. Got myself a wee 2 bedroom house for myself and my son and its all good now. Stability in life is massive.
I've enough room for a 4x4 tent. 5x5 just would of been to big. Took the time to save for proper light this time, so really excited to hopefully see some good results.
I've been watching a lot of videos on the 6500 and people been getting some massive yeilds with this light. But of course it's not just light that important. Most growers been following been using living soil, I really like that method.

I plan on setting up a drip system for watering, I've been reading that keeping the soil always wetish is best for mico organism.
My humidifier arrived today so at least now I will be able to control humidity much better. Looking forward to getting home from work now and setting it up. Il defo need help along this grow. So any tips or advice you or anyone else can give am all ears...

I realise I need to put a little more info in the strains in running, but ai figured Girl scout cookies is a very well known strain by this stage. The kush and cookies il get more info on when I go joem and post it. Its a high CBD range 12%.. Thanks really appeals to me cuz I wanna make RSO from some of the harvest.
Anywhere around 60 rh in veg is fine.
Flower I like it in the 50's.
RSO is fantastic, I take it every day changed my life. :thumb:
I recommend it to everyone.
The microorganisms are pretty hardy , I believe a drip system in soil will cause you problems.
@Nunyabiz hope you are well my friend.
Your our resident Los expert do you have any recommendations for this gentleman.
Re drip system, will it cause root rot?

Stay safe
Bill

Well, I can only speak for myself, everyone has a slightly different grow system that works for them.

I believe a drip system would work fine as long as you get your soil tilth right and have a cover crop and worms and thick mulch layer.
Myself I water 5% of soil volume DAILY, once in awhile I skip a day, but I always keep my soil moist I never allow even the top 1" to dry out.
But as I said I have a light cover crop before the cannabis takes over and shades it out at which time the cover crop becomes worm food and adds nitrogen to the soil.
That sucks up water plus all the roots keep the soil loose and airy, then the worms are drilling holes all over and I super oxygenate my water with o2 emitters to get as much dissolved oxygen into the soil as possible.
A good LOS should basically be treated almost like Coco.
So IF you get your soil right, with at least 30% aeration in the form of pumice, rice hulls and precharged biochar, make it come alive, worms, bugs, mycorrhazae then yes its preferable to keep the soil moist, not soaking wet, but nice and moist.

I use 20 gallon fabric pots, would prefer at least 30+ gallon but won't fit in my space.
So I water 6 to 7 days a week with 1 to 1.5 gal of water per day.

Root rot comes from soil that is lacking oxygen.
Do everything you can to get as much oxygen to the roots as possible and you shouldn't have to worry about it

Well, I can only speak for myself, everyone has a slightly different grow system that works for them.

I believe a drip system would work fine as long as you get your soil tilth right and have a cover crop and worms and thick mulch layer.
Myself I water 5% of soil volume DAILY, once in awhile I skip a day, but I always keep my soil moist I never allow even the top 1" to dry out.
But as I said I have a light cover crop before the cannabis takes over and shades it out at which time the cover crop becomes worm food and adds nitrogen to the soil.
That sucks up water plus all the roots keep the soil loose and airy, then the worms are drilling holes all over and I super oxygenate my water with o2 emitters to get as much dissolved oxygen into the soil as possible.
So IF you get your soil right, with at least 30% aeration in the form of pumice, rice hulls and precharged biochar, make it come alive, worms, bugs, mycorrhazae then yes its preferable to keep the soil moist, not soaking wet, but nice and moist.

I use 20 gallon fabric pots, would prefer at least 30+ gallon but won't fit in my space.

Do everything you can to get as much oxygen to the roots as possible and you shouldn't have to worry about it
I knew I would get that wrong. :rofl:
Thanks @Nunyabiz I appreciate you clarifying that for us.
How about this, how long does it take for a soil you just described take to come to life and be good and ready for a big girl?
Just ball park, given everything is added when required.

Stay safe
Bill

I knew I would get that wrong. :rofl:
Thanks @Nunyabiz I appreciate you clarifying that for us.
How about this, how long does it take for a soil you just described take to come to life and be good and ready for a big girl?
Just ball park, given everything is added when required.

Stay safe
Bill
That depends alot on the compost used.
The soil i get is basically ready outa the bag, just plant cover crop and in 2 weeks plant the cannabis.
The compost used is aged 2 years.
If you make your own compost that's not aged then might take 4 to 6 months.

Hey Folks

This will be my 3 Rd grow, and first grow journal. My first 2 trys at growing didn't turn out to well. Due to lack of equipment and knowledge.

After some time saving, I'm now ready to go again, and this time hopefully the final results will be very different than my previous attempts. Personally I've got my own allotment, and have seen the benifits of growing organically with living soils. After a lot of research I've seen many people grow cannabis with he same methods, and am really hoping I can achieve the same results. Here are the details, please inform me if I've left anything out in my description. Wanna learn to make a good journal.

Grow space : 120x120x120 (budget tent, most my budget went on light)

Light : Mars fce 6500

Soil : light soil base mix (amendments to be added)

Amendments :living soil (UK based company)

Strains : Kush&cookies THC 20% CBD 12%

GSC : is the cali line with THC 24%

Fan : 10 inch Ram fan for air movement.

Carbon filter : Rhino, it only has 2 speed functionality, which I Hate. I'm getting the AC infinity in few weeks.

Dehumidifier :
Is from HIfi towers, its 3.5lt, been waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive.

A little breakdown of the Amendments I'm using. I'm using several of thier living amendments.

"Grow"
consists of 18 different species of mycro rizal fungi , it also contains volcanic rock dust which contain 2/3 of all known non synthetic materials known to man. Also included in "Grow" is incest frass, blood meal, alfalfa meal and also EMI infused bokashi bran (it's said this will incourge further microbial life.

Worm Casting :
This will be added to the soil mix as an overall soil booster. As well as being loaded with macro nutrients, it will also add a lot of vital trace elements to the mix. Am sure all organic growing will agree worm casting are awesome.

Barley
This was recommended to me by several organic growing as a must for any living soil mix. It's said it will add a healthy balance phosphatase, chitinse, ur ease, protease, amylese. It's said that these enzymes will help microbs break down matter into nutrients. ( how fascinating is the soil web web)

Mycoboost :
Is a blend of mycorrhizal fungi beneficial plant bacteria.
It contains humic, fulvic ammino acids and natural growth stimulants. Very highly recommended. Can be used as top dressing for veg and flower.

Neem :
I'm adding Neem meal to mix because lately I've read a lot about its advantages. It will act as a natural pest control. This Neem meal has over 100 active bio ingredients, and has been proven to work against a wide range of nematodes and other soil pests.

Seaweed dust:
Adding seaweed dust to the mix will have many benefits. It will help with water retention, stimulates soil bacteria, it will also help to build healther root systems, while also increasing soil structure.

Volcanic Rock Dust :
The organic rock dust I've chosen contain 44% silica, which is vital in helping plants recover after stress.
It will also help to build bigger and stronger root systems.

So that's a breif breakdown of the amendments I'm using folks. Trying to keep it simple, and just following the suggested amounts be added to the soil mix. These will also be used as top dressings as the grow go's on. I plan on doing out a chart and writing down what I'm feeding and when I'm feeding it. Any comments or suggestions about the amendments is much welcomed. I've mixed up enough for 6gallons, for 2 x 3g pots. Have it cooking now over a week.

Story so far

I placed 2 seeds into cup of water 15 days ago. The Kush&cookies split very quickly, and the other GSC didn't split at all.. Should of done few to be sure ( first mistake lol)
I put another GSC into cup of water and it split few days later. Much to my annonice though this has now caused a growth gap in the 2 plants. And considering the Kush&cookies has about 10days longer flowering time than GSC, argghh!! I absolutely hate the idea of staggered harvests.
I'm growing this and sleeping in my bedroom, not a lot of space for extra drying, gonna need my tent for that.. Im actually thinking of scrapping the GSC and just focusing on doing one big plant of kush and cookies. The again on the flip side, it wud be nice to have another strain to smoke.. Yikes, am really on what I should do.. Any thoughts?

BBecause I don't have that humidifier just yet the rh is all over the shop in First 2 weeks. Readings of lows to 35, and at nte shooting ton78.. Definitely no good. So done a little research for trouble shoots to get me by until humidifier arrives. To boost humidity during day, I added wet towels, which actually works quite well. Am able to hold it steady during the day between 50-60 RH, but at nte it rockets ton70s.. So. Out come the towels at nte. It's no good this way I know, hopefully humidifier should be here this week.

Not really much to look at at the moment folks but here is some pictures.

IMG_20220209_193132.jpg

IMG_20220209_193010.jpg

IMG_20220209_192817.jpg

151163.jpg

151162.jpg

151164.jpg

151165.jpg

151161.jpg
Looking good. Good luck.

I just hit flower on my 3rd grow.

Hey nice start so far....and dammit I've been searching the photos for an "Easter egg"...I'm starting to believe there isn't one lol
Hey thanks for stopping by, appreciate it. Haha its just a little personal item of mine that value. It's not an actual "egg". Il give a hint. He's a well known Author, maybe not as much in US I admit.
You got any grows going on at the moment?

Hey thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it. You certainly are experienced at building a healthy soil food Web.
Il defo be going the extra distance with next grows, I'm one of those barrel compost bin u can turn on a spit. Il have a good source of my worms at my back yard.
I'm still getting set up, have spent a lot of cash so far compared to what I earn.
companion planing is something I do on my allotment and will defo get a clover seeds over the wknd and try and pick up some worms. Do u use leaf as mulch? Ripped up brown paper bags would do as a mulch also right?

Hey Folks.
Thanks for the comments. My humidifier arrived yesterday and so far so good. I had it running yesterday evening for 6hrs.
It's not digital, just took hr or so off slight adjustments and then it held a nice RH range from 54-58% over a 5 hrs period.
I turned it off at midnte when I was going to bed, kinda expecting the RH to do what it had been doing at nte this past 2 weeks and spiking to mid 70s. Happy with it so far.
Next investments now is a bigger socket tower and some digital timers.
I also really what that AC Infinity, I like it's design.
Going to up pot both plants later to 1g pots.
Just a wee shot of the humidifier for yes today. Not much to look at folks lol

IMG_20220210_222114.jpg

IMG_20220210_222132.jpg

Hey thanks for stopping by, appreciate it. Haha its just a little personal item of mine that value. It's not an actual "egg". Il give a hint. He's a well known Author, maybe not as much in US I admit.
You got any grows going on at the moment?
Yes actually harvested one of my ladies last night.. and trust I know not a real egg I play enough games lol but I really did search the photos for anything weird lol

P.s if ya click the link under this you can see my journal

Hey thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it. You certainly are experienced at building a healthy soil food Web.
Il defo be going the extra distance with next grows, I'm one of those barrel compost bin u can turn on a spit. Il have a good source of my worms at my back yard.
I'm still getting set up, have spent a lot of cash so far compared to what I earn.
companion planing is something I do on my allotment and will defo get a clover seeds over the wknd and try and pick up some worms. Do u use leaf as mulch? Ripped up brown paper bags would do as a mulch also right?
I use organic Barley Straw as mulch.

Hey Folks.
Thanks for the comments. My humidifier arrived yesterday and so far so good. I had it running yesterday evening for 6hrs.
It's not digital, just took hr or so off slight adjustments and then it held a nice RH range from 54-58% over a 5 hrs period.
I turned it off at midnte when I was going to bed, kinda expecting the RH to do what it had been doing at nte this past 2 weeks and spiking to mid 70s. Happy with it so far.
Next investments now is a bigger socket tower and some digital timers.
I also really what that AC Infinity, I like it's design.
Going to up pot both plants later to 1g pots.
Just a wee shot of the humidifier for yes today. Not much to look at folks lol

IMG_20220210_222114.jpg

IMG_20220210_222132.jpg
Good morning @gazmufc Hope everything is going well today.
Just a quick question my friend, do you have a smoke detector in there? :Namaste:
I noticed you have a couple flammable things in your tent.
Just for safety sake it's always a good idea. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @gazmufc Hope everything is going well today.
Just a quick question my friend, do you have a smoke detector in there? :Namaste:
I noticed you have a couple flammable things in your tent.
Just for safety sake it's always a good idea. ;)

Stay safe
Bill
Hey thanks Bill,
Yes I have smoke detector in my room.. il remove those items. As u say Better to be safe. I just using old speaker to raise the plants up rather than lowering the light all the way down. I currently have the 6500 at 25%.. About 16inchs away., the leafs are not showing any signs of heat damage m, and the RH has been steady between 55 and 60 for last 24hrs. Happy with the humidifier so far.
Do u think I should up the % on the light a bit?
Some people recommend running the 6500 at 10% at this stage and other say 20 or higher. No leaf burn since I upped it from 10% - 25% in a week so am guessing I cud up it a bit. What u think Bill?

Hey thanks Bill,
Yes I have smoke detector in my room.. il remove those items. As u say Better to be safe. I just using old speaker to raise the plants up rather than lowering the light all the way down. I currently have the 6500 at 25%.. About 16inchs away., the leafs are not showing any signs of heat damage m, and the RH has been steady between 55 and 60 for last 24hrs. Happy with the humidifier so far.
Do u think I should up the % on the light a bit?
Some people recommend running the 6500 at 10% at this stage and other say 20 or higher. No leaf burn since I upped it from 10% - 25% in a week so am guessing I cud up it a bit. What u think Bill?
Good morning @gazmufc hope your having a good day my friend.
As @Nunyabiz mentioned a Lux meter will help with your light.
Just turn it up 10% every few days and watch for issues.
If they react poorly turn it back a bit.
60 rh is perfect don't worry about that.
Have you got grow bags for when it's time to up pot?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Im in love organics has always produced the fire bud for me. I got the AC Infinity fan its super nice but I just saw Mars Hydro has one also and its a sponsor here. The controller looks the same as the AC Infinity and its $30-$40 cheaper

Back
Top Bottom