LabRat's Kief making apparatus.

No kidding. It works. I doubt it is anything like the ice hash I've read about here, but hell, it was 40 years ago! In the dark ages, it was better than just about anything else! Back then I could buy a pillowcase of black louisiana bayou weed - about 4 1/2 pounds - for $100, so this was cheep hash oil. It worked!

One of the earliest methods I ever saw and if carefully done, very effective. If I go that way for extraction I used a 1 gal milk jug with a couple of OZs of ground pot with a couple of inches of solvent over it and float it in a big pot of simmering water for a few hours. The solvent would simmer in the jug and condense on the top and barely leak fumes. Pour through a coffee filter and evaporate. Now I have distillation apparatus in various sizes and re-use all my solvents including butane. Lots of fun! :bong:

+Reps for the trip down memory lane! :cheer:

:peace:

That's a sweet looking rig man, looks like it really extracts the keif well.
Thanks for showing this bro. :roorrip:

Thanks! It does work pretty well but I need a finer screen. The smallest I've got is a 180 micron so I'll have to stop by Michaels like Slowpuffer suggested and get some silkscreen. I get too much plant material in my final product. It's still damn good tho!

:grinjoint:
Cool! There's a Michaels only 2 hours from us. I'll have to look next time I'm there.

+Reps for the tip! :bravo:

Call 1st., as all Mickels don't carry them. The other thing is, if there's any silk screen shops in your area. Maybe a tee shirt place ?? It's a simple wooden frame with about 11X14 screen. They had a 125 mic. also, but i went for the 90 and it works like a charm. I used Rosemans method and it works like a charm. If i had knew how easy it is to make good hash, i'd have never trimed my plants out in the field !! damm, i must have threw away a wheelborrow full last yrs. outdoor grow !! White widow hash, i highly recommend it !! BB size chunk, under a glass, two hits sucked thru a straw, and you're stuck to the couch !! My 1st. batch was 8 grams, and let me tell you, it lasts a long time !! Must have got wife and i high 60 times or so !! Can't wait for next fall, when i'll get my bro in laws leaves, my sisters leaves, and mine if i'm able to get to my spots . We've always just threw this stuff out !! Ha !! Live and learn !! And many thanks to Roseman, for posting the how to make hash article. I was gonna try blender hash, till i read his post !! :yahoo::yahoo::bongrip::bongrip:

I have more old chemical bottles than medicine. I worked as a chemist in a hazardous waste facility and amassed quite a few. Quite a few pieces of lab glassware as well. They were often disposed of because they were all gunked up with who knows what. I had a myriad of chemicals at my disposal so if one thing wouldn't eat whatever was in there, something else would. Sometimes the reactions were quite spectacular. lol

C'ya L8r.

Hey There LabRat
I consolidated 4 labs into one centralized lab a few years ago and I ended up with boxes of glassware also. I have the same set of sieves I was wondering if you ever have any trouble with the the finer mesh clogging up?
I was considering buying some bubble bags but I'm not sure if they will perform any better, have you ever tried them? Any thoughts

Hey There LabRat
I consolidated 4 labs into one centralized lab a few years ago and I ended up with boxes of glassware also. I have the same set of sieves I was wondering if you ever have any trouble with the the finer mesh clogging up?
I was considering buying some bubble bags but I'm not sure if they will perform any better, have you ever tried them? Any thoughts

High hayduke.

No real probs with clogging up. I sift mine in the cold so the trichs are solid and nothing gets gummy. I use a fine brush to clean off the screen if it needs it.

I've never used bubble bags but I've heard lots of good things about them. I think they might be good for recovering a bit more of the trichs but I don't know for sure. I like the dry kief tho. You can just add it directly to recipes containing butter or other oils and save all the steps required to make cannabutter. Not to mention that the cookies aren't all green. lol

I lost a lot of my glassware by lending it to a "friend" years ago but still have quite a bit of useful stuff. I recently met a local lady who has some 2 and 4 litre boiling balls and misc distillation apparatus etc. She says she has no use for it and is willing to swap for a little herb. I dropped off a sample of herb with my phone # so I'm hoping to hear from her soon as my jug of mash is almost ready for refining.

Triple distilled or fractional, that is the question. Charcoal filtered for sure! :bong:

C'ya

Back
Top Bottom