LadyJane420's Seed to Flower - Hydro - Journal - 3rd Crop

I think a little confusion there, your room temps are great but if your res temp were that high it would need lowering. I think stealthgrow thought your bottles were going in your res as this is also common practice. Apologies if im wrong. No need to be scared of hurting your girls, things to do with learning hydroponics can stuff things up from time to time when learning but if alls going well they love nothing more than a good butchering lol...:laughtwo: fair call on being careful tho, all of the problems ive ever had have been from rushing or not paying attention. Looking great!

Hiya Padox,

After I thought about it I realized that stealthgrow and I might be misunderstanding each other about the reservoir vs chamber. Thanks for unconfusing me - :Namaste:

Hello Friends,

Here's a little update. I got to get down & dirty with the roots today & it was fun. A little black slime started showing up and a fellow grower told me just to take a spray bottle with a drop or two of dish soap and spray the roots. Sure enough all the not so nice stuff just sloughed off and the roots are looking beautiful. Did another good clean job on the res and everyone's looking great.

Don't know what I'm going to do about this lovely AK47 auto

it seems to be on its own schedule so it's a week ahead - guess I'll leave it in until I harvest the others - in 7weeks that is.

BTW my room chamber temperature is 72-75 and my res water is about 65.1.

Meantime I've been pretty baked on my own Purps and lovin' it. Lots of love y'all. :love:

Subbed. Nice looking crop and setup you have

Hi LJ, Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that you got rid of that dreaded black slime! I have been keeping my veg area at at constant 72 - 75 degrees. My flowering chamber also stays at 72 - 75 when the lights go out. However, when the lights go on for 12h, the temp goes up to 80 - 86 degrees with the little fan is running. This seems to be working OK for my coconut soil grow, but I am not an expert.

I hope it's ok if I ask another question to you and your followers. Has anyone every topped their small plants after they have been in the flowering chamber for 5 days? I have read some forums that say it's ok and some that say it is not. My little plant looks exactly like LJ's second plant posted above and I cut off the little top. Thanks in advance!

You can do it if you need to but would be better to tie over if possible. as far as making a gain out of it, there isn't enough time for it to regenerate from the topping then flower so probably not the best idea

Thanks Padox. I hope the new tops have enough time to make some big flowers. I also hope that all the lower nodes will gain strength after the topping and sprout-up to the top of the plant and act like new colas. I will let you know what happens! If this doesn't work out, then next time I will top at least 1 week before flowering. Thanks again!

Anytime Rollingpapers:Namaste: It shouldn't effect your crop very much, it will cause the lower branches to stretch more in the first couple of weeks of flowering and get those buds nice an close to the light so they will be thicker than before but your top cola/s will be effected. I find the best time to top is after the 2nd 7 blade leaf set comes out so growth develops into 2-3 main colas and 8-10 smaller but still decent colas to form. Others believe you shouldn't top, just tie as it still changes where the growth hormones are delivered but stresses the plant much less. Best of luck:thumb:

Hello 420 World:

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the start of the weedend. Gotta get the vernacular right, right? Here's a pic of the the girls just starting week 3 tomorrow.

The roots are looking good so I'm just holding my breath here. Wishing lots of good tidings your way!

Meanwhile, :yummy: eat your greens!

Hi LJ, I hope your weekend is starting off on a good note, as well. Your photography is great and your girls look very healthy. It is such a joy to follow this journal with you because we are both at the same stage in our grow and yours is hydro-from-seed and mine is soil-using-clones. I am having very good luck with the "topping" that i did at day 5 in the flowering chamber. The two new main stems on all 6 of my girls already grew a couple of inches and started flowering. Also, the lower nodes are flowering and starting to sprout-up to the top. I love it when a plan comes together :thumb: I am holding my breath here, too! he! he! he! I wish you continued GOOD LUCK!

Hi All,

Feel like I need to keep track of what's going on in this journal but everything's going cool so what can I say? Just waiting for the next disaster to hit and wondering, maybe I won't have one this time. Been working very hard at keeping the roots and the reservoir clean and that has made a difference. It's some times a little hard to tell what's going on with the roots because the really long ones hang in the water and with the Super B+ and other yucky things I put in the water it's bound to stain them a bit. But so far it's rewarding as heck to see these babies flourishing.

Have a great week and happy gardening!:Namaste:

Hi LJ, I am glad to hear that everything is going cool! :Namaste: I had to make some adjustments on my vent fan and intake vent, and now I am getting much better growing temps. Other than that, all is going cool over here, too. I am seeing a lot of white pistols and baby buds! Are you seeing those long awaited "White Pistols" and "Buds" all over the place? I bet you are :) TTYL

I am seeing a lot of white pistols and baby buds! Are you seeing those long awaited "White Pistols" and "Buds" all over the place? I bet you are :) TTYL

I'm so glad your grow is going well. Here's my AK47

which I'm not sure what to do about because it's about 2 weeks ahead of everyone and I don't want to chop without a flush, so I guess I'll hook up some kind of fix so I can flush it separately. I can't believe that's my worst problem this time.

Here's some of the other girls which you can see are behind:

So life is good and wishing the best for everyone! :circle-of-love:

I think a little confusion there, your room temps are great but if your res temp were that high it would need lowering. I think stealthgrow thought your bottles were going in your res as this is also common practice. Apologies if im wrong. No need to be scared of hurting your girls, things to do with learning hydroponics can stuff things up from time to time when learning but if alls going well they love nothing more than a good butchering lol...:laughtwo: fair call on being careful tho, all of the problems ive ever had have been from rushing or not paying attention. Looking great!

Hi LJ, sorry for the confusion. I thought you were putting the ice packs IN your reservoir to cool the water temps down. I though you had the bottles on top of your res just for the picture to show people in your journal.;)
Plants are looking good though. ;)

Wow...Look at all those beautiful little pistols and little buds. :goodjob: That little AK is looking mighty fine and I bet your smaller girls will catch-up to the AK in no time. I think that I am having some Beginners-Luck because all my 6 girls are keeping up with your AK. I am the happiest man on the planet! This stuff is surely a lot of work, but it's nice to finally get some reward.

Hello Everyone,

Here's the latest pictures of my beauties. The crop:

the AK47 auto:

I'm very proud of them :) they have managed to flourish despite me! They're at 4 1/2 weeks flower, can't wait to harvest.

Hope everyone's doing great!

Lol nice quote there " I'm very proud of them they have managed to flourish despite me! They're at 4 1/2 weeks flower, can't wait to harvest"

EEEWWW! Baby...your girls are looking great!:smokin: It's amazing to me that my girls look almost identical to your girls because I am at the same stage as you are. This is getting more fun by the minute! However, I have one little problem. Two of my three mothers in veg have a few leaves that have turned a little yellow and developed some brown spots. Also, a few leaves developed some black blotches. Now, the brown spots and black blotches are causing a dried up "dead spot" in those few leaves leaves. It's weird. Do you know what might be causing this? Other than that, all is fine here. I hope all continues to be fine there, too.

Hello RP

EEEWWW! Baby...your girls are looking great!:smokin: It's amazing to me that my girls look almost identical to your girls because I am at the same stage as you are. This is getting more fun by the minute! However, I have one little problem. Two of my three mothers in veg have a few leaves that have turned a little yellow and developed some brown spots. Also, a few leaves developed some black blotches. Now, the brown spots and black blotches are causing a dried up "dead spot" in those few leaves leaves. It's weird. Do you know what might be causing this? Other than that, all is fine here. I hope all continues to be fine there, too.

I wish nothing more than being able to help you but you're in soil right? I started in hydro because I had a limited space to grow in our bedroom so soil for me was just a bit too messy. The only time I saw the symptoms you are relating was when my little mutant was getting too many nutes. But ya know I know nothing really. I just bought a cabinet and followed the instructions. The growers on this site are experts and I'm sure will have great experience with knowing what's going on.

I'm really looking forward to your harvest, you may be surprised at how good it is. I visited a different dispensary today hoping to have some success but my not so great stuff is still better.

Good luck & best wishes :) :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom