Beginner Grow - 5x6 Room - 1000Watt MH/HPS - PK Maui Waui Blackwater

Hey 1stgrow, was it you who said you got a good deal on your lights in Canada? Maybe a little birdy could PM me some details? The wife has been complaining about the smell lately, so I think I'm going to use this as the justification to get the QBs... "well, if I get these new lights, I can keep the tent closed 24/7 without any heat issues on my plants...".

Hey 1stgrow, was it you who said you got a good deal on your lights in Canada? Maybe a little birdy could PM me some details? The wife has been complaining about the smell lately, so I think I'm going to use this as the justification to get the QBs... "well, if I get these new lights, I can keep the tent closed 24/7 without any heat issues on my plants...".

Yes a member on here pointed me in that direction. If you are comfortable with assembling the lights yourself its a great deal. If I had of ordered a name brand version of a comparable light from south of the border I would have spent over double.

Hey mate I've subbed in.

Those leaves that have canoed look to be stress from the light. How far up is it sitting? I'd definitely raise it a tad, that's what they're telling you. You can see it in the photo from when you said you first moved them under the hps. And that's the leaves at the bottom that are still really evident on the last pics. Even new growth seems to be following the trend so that's my suggestion, raise the light .
I agree.From what was stated earlier that's a lot off watts for that square footage.Looks over watered too and the nutrient thing plus that mix and the Ph.That white stuff could be excess salts coming out of the soil mix,very common.Hope he reads this and looks like he is doing a great job,just keep trying and read about it.Peace and love...

I was going to switch to flower tomorrow but decided to do another trim on the girls today. Went a little crazy. Ill give the girls a few days to recover then its time to switch.

Before.....

After.....

All looking good. The center gal maybe a touch more if in my tent.
Yah, I just had a look at them. I will thin her out tonight before they go for the first longer sleep. They don't seem to mind the trimming too much. Bouncing back pretty quickly.

9 days into flowering. Thinned out the girls over the last 2 or 3 days. Here are a few updated photos of the girls.

And this lil girl was looking dead on the day I flipped the lights, so I roughly ripped her out of the other bag she was in and put it back in a small cup. Figured I would come back the next day to see her laying down dying, turns out it still lives! So i figured why not leave her with the rest of her sisters until the end. Will it grow a tiny little bud? I hope so just to see and laugh at the difference in plants.

Looking at your post history I would say I am open to suggestions for sure. If it were you what would you be doing different? What should I use?
Honestly coco is great but after soem really convincing a great people I’d look into as far complexity goes docs high brix kit . I’m really thinking of trying it and if I see myself a difference in quality I’ll be making my choice then . But after two years I’ve learned there is no really wrong way to grow cannabis just how to grow it better my friend please any thing you need ask I will help I know it is over whelming at times

I tried that for a few days. Had a few containers of water and 2 large wet towels hanging. It barely made a difference in the humidity. Winter time here and the heating system in the house is forced hot air. Super low humidity in here.
I noticed play around if you have out take dab with adjustable controller I actually have to turn off my out take fan during lights off some times . You can also set a own timer on fan so that way say every hour it runs then off for hour to help keep temps stable if possible it really comes down to trying to keep that environment and feeling accordingly to light power more or less .

Hey sorry been absent notifications never come properly on this app site anymore . Sorry about that buddy.

Few things make are you prune some of those girls buddy. Meaning if I were you on some of those since not scrogging id remoce a few of those lower that you have growing out in width . If anything it will put that extra into your tops also stems like liek we are going to need syppprt already so maybe gets pale stakes in there to help support buds or you will have a mess of really droopy plant the stems lower on my big bomb I wish I would have taken off I’ll grab a picture tonight and edit the pic to show you what I’m talking about brotha then you can use your own way of what you want to to of course . Also nice green I would give a bit more nitro or grow base nutes at this point. It much but a bit will help get the dark green look back? Also you can try spraying tent walls with a spray bottle of mist heard it can help if temps are high. Adding a cool mist Vick cool mist unit bought online minis @InTheShed for what bro 15$ cdn?

So high heat say 84 f and rh is day at 30% in veg ? Not good btw ? We need to get you up to at least 50% in veg I liek 60-70% with nice air movement fans in tent low setting too anyways if you add that mist unit I said with that situation it can lower the the temp for you probably depending on size of tent of course or space to be considered would lower temps to say 79f and you now notice you have higher humidity too should help add at lest ten -15 % more rh.

All about controlling environment. Again this is my thoughts I could be far off here .

Hey sorry been absent notifications never come properly on this app site anymore . Sorry about that buddy.

Few things make are you prune some of those girls buddy. Meaning if I were you on some of those since not scrogging id remoce a few of those lower that you have growing out in width . If anything it will put that extra into your tops also stems like liek we are going to need syppprt already so maybe gets pale stakes in there to help support buds or you will have a mess of really droopy plant the stems lower on my big bomb I wish I would have taken off I’ll grab a picture tonight and edit the pic to show you what I’m talking about brotha then you can use your own way of what you want to to of course . Also nice green I would give a bit more nitro or grow base nutes at this point. It much but a bit will help get the dark green look back? Also you can try spraying tent walls with a spray bottle of mist heard it can help if temps are high. Adding a cool mist Vick cool mist unit bought online minis @InTheShed for what bro 15$ cdn?

So high heat say 84 f and rh is day at 30% in veg ? Not good btw ? We need to get you up to at least 50% in veg I liek 60-70% with nice air movement fans in tent low setting too anyways if you add that mist unit I said with that situation it can lower the the temp for you probably depending on size of tent of course or space to be considered would lower temps to say 79f and you now notice you have higher humidity too should help add at lest ten -15 % more rh.

All about controlling environment. Again this is my thoughts I could be far off here .

Morning King

I have to agree 100% I found if I took better care of the environment the plants seemed to grow like crazy. If the environment was off they slowed down. Crazy weeds!

Your girls are looking good 1st grow. :cool:

Things have been going good since I dialed the environment details in a while back. Plants actually look to be a good color, just taking pictures under those 1248 led's washes them out a bit. It is super bright in there haha.

If the plants actually fill out they may need some additional support, but i'll cross that bridge when I get there. As it is now most of the plants are very robust and seem super strong. I guess vegging for so long works out in the end. The roots growing in the fabric bags are foolish. Seem to be super healthy.

I'll try and snap a few pictures under different lighting later on tonight.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing knowledge.

I noticed play around if you have out take dab with adjustable controller I actually have to turn off my out take fan during lights off some times . You can also set a own timer on fan so that way say every hour it runs then off for hour to help keep temps stable if possible it really comes down to trying to keep that environment and feeling accordingly to light power more or less .

I ended up building a humidifier that I ran on a timer and it kicked some serious ass, I was able to keep my temps and rh right in the sweet spot when I got that figured out. Next time around it should be less of an issue anyway with running led lights. But I still have the gear for the humidifier if need be.

Back
Top Bottom