Landrace Genetics 101

Not sure the 40/60 rule applies to pure sativas. Some stretch right up until swell.
I'd have harvested this already. I'm with Graytail in that I would have probably taken it down already.
Have you had a sample yet? That's your best way to see exactly where you are. there are quicker africans than 12 weekers.
Snarch yourself a sample from the bottom buds that look more done.

Not sure the 40/60 rule applies to pure sativas. Some stretch right up until swell.
I'd have harvested this already. I'm with Graytail in that I would have probably taken it down already.
Have you had a sample yet? That's your best way to see exactly where you are. there are quicker africans than 12 weekers.
Snarch yourself a sample from the bottom buds that look more done.
Hello,

I pulled a sample last Saturday, trichs still no change, I did the whole bake and flip in 10-15 minute increments, it was extremely green, greener then my last batch. However, the flavor was much more robust then the last, as this has been a much better grow.

Hello everyone,

I replied to the last post so there will be an easy side by side for photos.

This plant is now in 10/14 light, one week at 11/13, hoping one week at 10/14 and harvest main colas.

Pistils on what is the lower plant and oldest branches and buds have started to nearly all brown, are starting to recede. Buds on what is the top of the plant still have some white and are standing straight out.

Trichomes are still exactly the same, look like little mushrooms made of
crystal clear water.

Would love your thoughts.
IMG_3525.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg
Hey Everyone,

Replying here so you all can follow the progression of the post.

I ended up doing a section harvest of the top colas, 26 of these things 🤯 with an entire plant still going underneath. I really hope the plant does not go into shock, everything makes it to maturity, and can be harvested.

I know this wont be close to the actual weight, but each of the tops are around and ounce, my hope is the dried buds will account for 20-25% of that total weight, landing around 6 oz. Hopefully there is another 6 on the rest of the plant 🤞🏻

Trichomes are PERFECT. I went off the advice of watching water consumption. Its consumption sped up and up and up over the last 6 weeks of flower. Then one a.m. (last friday) the meter on the SIP wasnt on the bottom. I woke early the next day, even more water, harvested before lights on.

Trichomes are like crystal clear glass with snow globes, and I would say 10% scattered strong amber heads. I have a camera scope coming so I can get you all pics.

Aroma: Lemon zest, tart orange citrus, sugar cookies, herbal and peppery, lots of sweet mild pine.

Buds: extreme dense compared to my last two BAM plants. Trichome matter is also substantially higher.

Anyways, thank you all for the help 🙏 Please click the Black African Magic grow journal below to see the full grow of this plant into dry and cure 🙏

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

Nice "top" harvest" --Hey if the plant goes into shock that is a good thing - - plants respond to shock by increased terpene/oil development - which is a good thing --depending on when you harvest your terpene profile will be different from those that you harvest before tops) This is OK and even Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice "top" harvest" --Hey if the plant goes into shock that is a good thing - - plants respond to shock by increased terpene/oil development - which is a good thing --depending on when you harvest your terpene profile will be different from those that you harvest before tops) This is OK and even Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you 🙏 this is my first sectional harvest, the plant just kept filling out. There is significantly more flower below than it looks like.

Not always true. I've got some pure sativa landies that are done in 9 to 10 weeks. Some 12. Some 16. All depends on where the plants grew originally. They evolved to finish earlier in certain areas where it was needed. The shorter flowering plants in the group would have a better chance of Successfully dropping ripe seeds than the longer flowering plants. I mean if the season is shorter or they are in an area where the autumn and winter follow quickly. The longer flowering types would mould before ripening and thus drop less viable seed. This means the shorter flowering genotype would out populate the longer flowering ones over a couple of decades. This really only happens in certain areas. If you do some homework you will be able to find which areas the shorter flowering ones come from.
Have a winning weekend

viet2 (1).JPG
viet2 (2).JPG
We call them sativas that for convenience. Not actual science.

This is a Viet '70. It is a nice high and feels very good. I sampled a bud here at day 60 of flower. Looks to need some more time to produce some cloudy resin. I was hoping for trip out weed but this I think is not it. Very sativa in effect. I use the term for clarity when I know all the plants are the same, drug type.

Thank you 🙏

Literally you sounds like the exact person I need to connect with.

I also grew OG Kush, watching trichomes was exactly as I read, very easy. Black African Magic is playing by different rules.

I will definitely watch for 80% receded pistils, right now half are brown and sticking out, the other straight up white and fuzzy.

Right now this plant is drinking about 2 1/4 gallons of water every day in a SIP, it has not slowed down at all, only sped up.

My first two BAM plants were accidentally pollinated by a male Purple Diesel Plant that was supposed to be female that I did not check soon enough. So this plant smells some what different, not totally different. This round the aroma is very robust, more spice and pepper, as opposed to the last two which were ENTIRELY lemon. So it is hard to judge off smell as it already smells so much better.

Thanks again, if you have any post you would recommend I read, or pics of african plants ready for harvest, I will read and go through everything.

🙏 🤙🏻
GP, from what I understand you have a landrace indica. Your description of what happens to others who try it is consistent with the reports I have heard. The supplier I know about says theirs at harvest is actually black and I saw the pictures. Impressive stuff!

GP, from what I understand you have a landrace indica. Your description of what happens to others who try it is consistent with the reports I have heard. The supplier I know about says theirs at harvest is actually black and I saw the pictures. Impressive stuff!
Hello 👋

This was a Sativa landrace. I have grown three now, all took just under 6 months. The last I grew I finally got some amber trichs after switching to 13/11 then 14/10.

Effects are 100% cerebral, I am mixing in Indicas to add “body”.

I am currently growing three Purple Diesel / Black African Magic hybrids I am calling Black Diesel. Not clue what it will turn out like…but if I get a good olant I am going to reveg and clone.

🤙🏻✌🏻

GP,
Like I mentioned the supplier currently in AZ says it is an indica. And it has that structure. But like the lebanese canna which formerly was described as indica is now commonly thought to actually be a sativa.

Can you explain why most people are knocked out after one toke? And have you found the plant turns black when finished flowering?

GP,
Like I mentioned the supplier currently in AZ says it is an indica. And it has that structure. But like the lebanese canna which formerly was described as indica is now commonly thought to actually be a sativa.

Can you explain why most people are knocked out after one toke? And have you found the plant turns black when finished flowering?
Check out my grow journal for this plant, it goes over everything you are asking 🤙🏻

I assure you, it is a Sativa. It is the most sativa I have ever experienced. It is so much Sativa I am mixing in Indicas and CBD Flower to tone it down.

If you are looking at the one pic above that is likely what is messing with your head. This plant would be 10+ feet tall if it had space. I LST’d the holy crap out of this thing and basically had a block growing straight up the tent.

So does this Black African Magic strain produce psychedelic effects? The black african of the seventies was always being described as super trippy in effect. I think they fermented the buds/leaf as well. It was described as being in pieces, not defined buds, like shake.

So does this Black African Magic strain produce psychedelic effects? The black african of the seventies was always being described as super trippy in effect. I think they fermented the buds/leaf as well. It was described as being in pieces, not defined buds, like shake.
I am an extremely tough judge for “pyschedilc” effects, or even being “high” for that matter. I have a combo of auto immune and auto inflammatory diseases going on…so I do not experience either of those. For me, it is an instant anti inflammatory, instantly snaps me straight when sick. I unfortunately use a lot of cannabis, have a lot to compare too, this stuff is extremely potent, however, for me its like “just more and more of what makes me feel not sick”, if that makes sense?

However, anyone else who has tried it, literally 1 or 2 puffs and they are gone, the most I have seen was a larger male, probably 4/5 good hits, about 5 minutes later he stopped talking, said he was “unusually stoned”, and just sat there for an hour ish…

I have also been told by those who have tried it that they had dreams that they were flowers growing into the earth and blooming, another that their bed was floating into space and they thought they were never returning to earth…

So, yeah…I would say for a “normal” biologically processing person it would absolutely give them pyschedelic effects 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That sounds like a proper African sativa hahaha. I've had some that made me literally go green and sweat
yeah 100% 😂 There is basically zero body effects, 100% cerebral and neurological. This does not give couch lock…one may lock up, but it would be like a mental freak out not couch lock.

I am growing three Purple Diesel/BAM hybrids now 🤞🏻 no clue what to expect but I have high hopes. Hope to reveg them after in case one is good, then clone.

Back
Top Bottom