Landrace Genetics 101

...it is not a 100% sativa...

Black African Magic Seeds​

4.83 out of 5
The Black African Magic cannabis strain is a pure landrance Sativa strain. It has a high yield and flowers in 6-8 weeks.
Our Black African Magic marijuana seeds come straight from the forest.
They grow both indoors and outdoors.
Indica/Sativa Ratio: Sativa-Dominant

Indica
Sativa
Potency: Extremely Strong 🔥🔥🔥

...kinda contradictory, but if the indica was landrace as well, I guess you could say it was 100% landrace, although that reads hybrid to me...whatever...sounds like an interesting strain...might have to think about it... :hmmmm: ...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...

...it is not a 100% sativa...

4.83 out of 5
The Black African Magic cannabis strain is a pure landrance Sativa strain. It has a high yield and flowers in 6-8 weeks.
Our Black African Magic marijuana seeds come straight from the forest.
They grow both indoors and outdoors.
Indica/Sativa Ratio: Sativa-Dominant

Indica
Sativa
Potency: Extremely Strong 🔥🔥🔥

...kinda contradictory, but if the indica was landrace as well, I guess you could say it was 100% landrace, although that reads hybrid to me...whatever...sounds like an interesting strain...might have to think about it... :hmmmm: ...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...
It is a website…some stoner was typing that in or copy pasting.

it is a Sativa.

I will for sure report on what I get from this strain but do not do grow journals. Also the Congo I am getting from Africa. It seems from GPcannabis that this is indeed a sativa and pure as well. Not sure why they market it as indica and flower times and thc are off the mark.
Everything I have read says 100% Landrace Sativa 🤷‍♂️

I think there are some typos or simple copy paste spots on the link some are referring too.

How do think this would do outside at 50 degrees north In Canada? I grow lots of african hybrids, but this may be a new direction for me. I have to say some of the pics look like an auto, what are your thoughts my friends? Does anyone have some pics of outdoor grown?
50 degrees C or F

This plant definitely needs LOTS of sun. Flower on 4 grows was 20+ weeks.

...are you based in Africa, and did you source your seeds locally?...if not, then you or anyone of us is relying on supposed breeders, or resellers hype...would you be so kind as to say where you got your seeds, and where everything you've read says they're 100% sativa...not trying to bust Yer ballz, but rather trying to gain some insight as to the differences...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...

FYI

I'm planning on purchasing from @theseedfair

They say >

We have just added this new and very popular strain called Black African Magic Feminized Cannabis Seeds. This is a pure sativa landrace strain at a 100%. The genetics of our Black African seeds come right from Africa and are grown in the Ituri forest in the Republic of Congo. This is a very rare Sativa strain that holds a very high THC level at 29%. The buds on this plant are a deep purple
and blue and appear almost black hence the name Black African.
Cheers

I've got a few lines of Congolese. Some black and some don't. They all run Hellalong.
Not sure if they bred anything into it but it looks pretty good. I don't have the exact line but the ones you grew look similar. Yes, any of the Africans will take as much sun as you can give them. Heat too.
I have not grown it for a while, maybe I should drop some this season.
Out of most of the African countries, Congo would be the most likely to be untainted in the wild. With all the fighting, not too many people would venture there. Same with fauna and flora. Much to be discovered there if only it wasn't so dangerous.
Malawi, Durban and the others are all tainted in the wild, unfortunately.
Have a great day

I've got a few lines of Congolese. Some black and some don't. They all run Hellalong.
Not sure if they bred anything into it but it looks pretty good. I don't have the exact line but the ones you grew look similar. Yes, any of the Africans will take as much sun as you can give them. Heat too.
I have not grown it for a while, maybe I should drop some this season.
Out of most of the African countries, Congo would be the most likely to be untainted in the wild. With all the fighting, not too many people would venture there. Same with fauna and flora. Much to be discovered there if only it wasn't so dangerous.
Malawi, Durban and the others are all tainted in the wild, unfortunately.
Have a great day
Yeah I thought that flowering time seemed too short and the THC % is just ridiculous. But it sounds like 👍 a great strain just exaggerated a bit maybe? CL🍀 :thumb: :cheer:

I don't know man. Some Africans can really mess you up. Others are interesting and others can be just meh.
29% I'm not convinced. I'm more used to sativa in the 18% to 24% range. I'm sure the high has more to do with terps, thcv, and other compounds working together.
They almost all have super clean Highs though. Or, a mad Rollercoaster ride which I enjoy occasionally.
I think Malawi is around 20% ish? I've never tested it but I smoke a lot of it.

Hey my friends it's been a while since I contributed anything, we had a very eventful time with the house flooding and were chasing our tails everyday until all the salvaging and renos were completed. Nevertheless I did managed to grow outside two plants to maturity at 50 degrees north; they are still in my backyard, but their time draws near as it's getting colder and wetter at night, butl no mould yet. I grew one hybrid sativa cross from four different lines I've been working on for five years now, the hybrid has at least two distinct phenos, one which started flowering in late June, which was going to be my ultimate pinnacle of breeding success for an early flowering sativa, until I accidentally killed it with too many newts. And the other pheno budding much, much later. Both phenos are from a cross I made last summer and have Egyptian, Himalayan, Thai, Malawi, Mexican, and Reunian Island genes, AND all were sativas. The Sinai (Egyptian) is noted for being very good medical cannabis, people say it has a real euphoric quality and gives intense munchies. the Himalayan is noted for being very blissful as well and the rest are known for their strong psychedelic sativa highs. So in the last few days I've been vaping the odd bud after a quick microwave. I call it The United Nations. Here's a quick smoke report from the long flowering pheno:

The colour of the bud is dark green with blue-purplish highlights and orange pistils
The smell is deep floral, lavender overtones and spicy, maybe some slight nuances of fruit (no trace of skunk)
The vapour from the Volcano at 387 F was thick and white. I got 2 great bags of
vapour with 1 more being about half-full.
The taste is sweet, spicy a bit floral, maybe a bit woody and earthy.
The high is not what I was expecting, (I imagined it would be a huge psychedelic rush, but it's not like that.) It reminds me of taking codeine, there's a feeling of contentment and peace I find with opioids, but also of being very aware of what's happening around you, very relaxing and absolutely no paranoia. I assume it is the Sinai and Himalayan genes that are expressed the most here. I think it would be superb medical cannabis.

The other plant is Mountain Gold, a heady cross of Hawaiian sativa and Oaxaca Sativa and smells like lemons, I've vaped this too and it's a strong Sativa high but a light in spirit, excellent for watching science documentaries or socializing, without any burnout or paranoid thoughts, great weed. So tomorrow I will likely chop these two but today is sunny and reasonably warm so they will live one more day.
20231018_083301.jpg
20231018_112040.jpg
20231018_122117.jpg
20231018_112045.jpg

I don't know man. Some Africans can really mess you up. Others are interesting and others can be just meh.
29% I'm not convinced. I'm more used to sativa in the 18% to 24% range. I'm sure the high has more to do with terps, thcv, and other compounds working together.
They almost all have super clean Highs though. Or, a mad Rollercoaster ride which I enjoy occasionally.
I think Malawi is around 20% ish? I've never tested it but I smoke a lot of it.
Personally: I am convinced this strain is 100% sativa. A lot of people talk smack about flavor profile etc, they couldnt tell the difference between beaver butt and raspberry (anyone get it…???). I smoke a lot, use my senses in pretty extreme ways (not to be too specific), can blind taste test just about any liquor on the planet and tell what it is…I can describe the taste of meds thru an IV and tell my Dr what I was given based off tasting it thru an IV and “feeling” it in my body…

why say all that?

I don’t purchase cannabis that test under 25%….This BAM is flat mother f’n out the strongest I have smoked. That doesn’t mean best….just strong. It rollercoasters the living shit out of any non daily smoker who smokes it.

✌🏻

Shout out to Gerry & Colorado Sativas. Grew out Oaxacan x Thai & Oaxacan x Purp Satellite from his seeds. All germed, both strains were nice growers & served up a nice heady sativa buzz.

You race, I race, we all race for landrace.
ThxOxCola1024.JPG

I got 10 BAM seeds today from Seed Fair. I paid for 5 at 70 bucks and they threw in 5 more. I will try to pop a couple to go with my current grow, even though I am about a month into it. They mailed me these seeds in like 2 or 3 days after my cash hit their Canada office. I will just use a cc next time with them as I trust them now.

I got 10 BAM seeds today from Seed Fair. I paid for 5 at 70 bucks and they threw in 5 more. I will try to pop a couple to go with my current grow, even though I am about a month into it. They mailed me these seeds in like 2 or 3 days after my cash hit their Canada office. I will just use a cc next time with them as I trust them now.
Really excited to see what other people think of this plant.

I have been dealing with a lot of medical stuff, barely have time or energy to get on here.

I harvested all 6 plants I had growing. The 3 BAM plants pollinated by Purple Diesel are absolutely amazing. I never thought I would create my own “strain”, but omg it is so incredible.

I have probably 100 seeds from the female BAM that was pollinated, going to start growing those, reveg at flower, find the traits I like, clone it. I am also even tempted to get a male Blueberry plant and pollinate a female BAM.

Are you familiar with Josh Blue from Blue Star Seed Co? I just started growing his Mayberry, which he says test out up to 30%, and is similar to a more “powerful” blue dream.

Once you get growing shoot me a message so I can follow your grow 🙏

Back
Top Bottom